Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hello everyone!

I've gathered you all here today to once again bring up a topic that I know has already been discussed many times before because it honestly is something that many players find frustrating. I think that Play Again/Auto Mode buttons should really be implemented for Duels as it would make the lives of our beloved PvP players a lot easier.

Here's one of the threads with the same topic: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/playagain-automode-for-duels.219950/#post-1091579

The thread above got escalated over a year ago but never really went anywhere. There were also a few other threads that have been made along side this one with the same goal.

A lot of people have different opinions about this, the main one being that there may not be that many players playing at the moment and therefore you'd probably have to wait a bit until you can duel someone again, but honestly there's absolutely no harm in waiting in the lobby for a few seconds every so often or alone in the PvP arena until your opponent joins.

I think it’d be ideal to have this because I know that a lot of people are still annoyed at the fact that they have to waste that extra time walking to the NPC when there could just be a simple solution to this, it's really such an easy fix.

DF911580-8D7D-42F3-85FC-283B12D301AA.jpeg

I've added some pros and cons to implementing this feature.

PROS
• More players will probably start playing PvP Duels since everything will be much more convenient.

• Players will not have to continue walking to the NPC and selecting kits every time throughout matches, which has annoyed many players already, so this issue would be resolved.

• If there was an Auto Mode, it could be setup with randomized kits, this could have a chance at making finding opponents easier, since it would pair up two players faster.

CONS
• There might be a bit of a waiting time throughout matches because of the lack of players but this really isn't that much of an issue since players don't mind waiting anyway.

• It's a new change that people will have to get used to (but in my opinion it's a good change).

Questions you might have:

* What if it looks messy?

• There could be a rematch button as well, that looks like this with all of the other buttons all together:
40BFFA8B-F6EC-441C-BDB6-930AA597F3D2.jpeg
This will prevent the layout of the message from looking messy. The way this rematch button would work is if both players click rematch, they will rematch.

I really don't see why this shouldn't be added since most of the other games already have this as an option.

I'd like to see your thoughts on this - I've also attached a poll to this thread so be sure to check that out as well!

Thanks for reading and stay safe out there!

- Meiske

EDIT: Creds to @Lozora for the idea for pros and cons.

Last edited:

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I do understand why this would be wanted but I personally don't think that this is a problem. Sure, you do have to walk up to the NPC again and click a few times to join a new duel but at the same time, already having the rematch option displayed would make the chat look weird and messy with another message.

Because if there's multiple messages with accept/deny or play again ect, it is easy to misclick because you wouldn't really be reading what it says. And it would be confusing to randomly add this onto the game when it hasn't been there before.

I personally would not like to see it due to what I stated above, but also because I really don't mind having it as it is right now.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I do understand why this would be wanted but I personally don't think that this is a problem. Sure, you do have to walk up to the NPC again and click a few times to join a new duel but at the same time, already having the rematch option displayed would make the chat look weird and messy with another message.

Because if there's multiple messages with accept/deny or play again ect, it is easy to misclick because you wouldn't really be reading what it says. And it would be confusing to randomly add this onto the game when it hasn't been there before.

I personally would not like to see it due to what I stated above, but also because I really don't mind having it as it is right now.
That's true, it would look pretty messy that way. What if the way players rematch is changed, let's say there's a rematch button as well, I don't think it would be messy if this was the case. If both players click rematch, they rematch.

I know that this still bothers a lot of players (me included) because there are many who like to try and get on the leaderboard or just want to warm up and having to walk that distance just takes time and is unnecessary.

Reactions: East

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
That's true, it would look pretty messy that way. What if the way players rematch is changed, let's say there's a rematch button as well, I don't think it would be messy if this was the case. If both players click rematch, they rematch.

I know that this still bothers a lot of players (me included) because there are many who like to try and get on the leaderboard or just want to warm up and having to walk that distance just takes time and is unnecessary.

I mean, it would still be quite a big change for the system people are used to. And I do think that it would still look slightly weird. The layout as of right now really doesn't bother me and I don't mind keeping it the way it is right now.

I also feel like it isn't very far, at least not now when there's a launchpad or when people can fly. It is still a very fast process of joining a new game and it actually takes longer to wait for a game than walking to the NPC.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I mean, it would still be quite a big change for the system people are used to. And I do think that it would still look slightly weird. The layout as of right now really doesn't bother me and I don't mind keeping it the way it is right now.

I also feel like it isn't very far, at least not now when there's a launchpad or when people can fly. It is still a very fast process of joining a new game and it actually takes longer to wait for a game than walking to the NPC.
Changes happen and people just need to get used to them, just like the big change. If people are still complaining about this even with a launchpad and being able to fly in lobbies then I think it's pretty annoying to have to walk that distance.

Also, not everyone has the luxury of being able to fly in a lobby or even uses the launch pad, it's pretty oddly placed imo and is easily missed when joining a lobby and rushing to an NPC sometimes.

Next to that, you still have to select a kit every single time, which can be pretty annoying all together.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello everyone!

I've gathered you all here today to once again bring up a topic that I know has already been discussed many times before because it honestly is something that many players find frustrating. I think that Play again/Auto-mode buttons should really be implemented for Duels as it would make the lives of our beloved PvP players a lot easier.

Here's one of the threads with the same topic: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/playagain-automode-for-duels.219950/#post-1091579

The thread above got escalated over a year ago but never really went anywhere. There were also a few other threads that have been made along side this one with the same goal.

A lot of people have different opinions about this, the main one being that there may not be that many players playing at the moment and therefore you'd probably have to wait a bit until you can duel someone again, but honestly there's absolutely no harm in waiting in the lobby for a few seconds every so often or alone in the PvP arena until your opponent joins.

I think it’d be ideal to have this because I know that a lot of people are still annoyed at the fact that they have to waste that extra time walking to the NPC when there could just be a simple solution to this, it's really such an easy fix.

I really don't see why this shouldn't be added since most of the other games already have this as an option.

I'd like to see your thoughts on this - I've also attached a poll to this thread so be sure to check that out as well!

Thanks for reading and stay safe out there!

- Meiske

Although I don't have that much problems with walking to that NPC to join a new duel I still want to see this getting added.

But there are a few things that should be considered here:

- Don't you fight against the same opponent over and over again? I think they made it this way for a reason, and I think that reason is that there is now a little amount of time between the fight you just finished and your next fight, so the chance you come up against the same opponent over and over again is now decreased, the chance to come against the same opponent is still there but it is a lot smaller.

- Wouldn't it look quite messy?
Like Livchi said it could look very messy.
There's the win message (points and exp etc), the HP message, the Rematch message and adding another message would make the chat look very messy and it might confuse people aswell.
It's a huge change for the system the people are used to nowadays but in my opinion it's a good change

Good things:

- It could encourage players to start playing duels. There are not a lot of people who are queued for Duels so I think making it easier to find a new match will encourage more people to start playing duels.

- finding an opponent might go smoother.
Finding an opponent could take very long, sometimes I'm in the queue for around 5 minutes, which starts to become very annoying. Adding this button will possibly prevent us from being queued for 5 minutes for a duel of like 1/2 more/less minutes. And it might disencourage players to play Duels because the match making is not going smooth enough.

-it keeps duels a little up to date.
I dont exactly know when the last update for duels came out but it was not recently. Duels needs an update, new kits etc, and I think adding this option is a good start!
(without the new maps being added)

I love your Idea so I voted yes!

Last edited:

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I’d definitely like to see this implemented. I don’t play Duels that often since I think it’s very annoying to constantly fly or walk to the NPC. It just takes unnecessary time (which can be avoided by adding this feature).

However, “It might look messy” shouldn’t be the reason to not implement this really useful feature. Instead, ask the following question: “What can we do to make this look clean and not messy?” Currently, when you lose a game of Duels, you will go in spectator mode. Why not make you invisible so that you can get an item in your inventory, which sends you to a new duel once you click on it? This way, the chat will stay the same and therefore, it will not become messy. Another item could be added to your inventory for a possible rematch, so that you don’t have to click a button in the chat.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I’d definitely like to see this implemented. I don’t play Duels that often since I think it’s very annoying to constantly fly or walk to the NPC. It just takes unnecessary time (which can be avoided by adding this feature).

However, “It might look messy” shouldn’t be the reason to not implement this really useful feature. Instead, ask the following question: “What can we do to make this look clean and not messy?” Currently, when you lose a game of Duels, you will go in spectator mode. Why not make you invisible so that you can get an item in your inventory, which sends you to a new duel once you click on it? This way, the chat will stay the same and therefore, it will not become messy. Another item could be added to your inventory for a possible rematch, so that you don’t have to click a button in the chat.
Yes I agree, shutting down an idea because it might confuse people, isn’t good. Perhaps there is another way to do it than you are thinking, such as @Limoen suggested. (Don’t exactly agree because then you would have to change this on all games, but that’s a different conversation) Personally, I avoid duels because it’s such a pain to /hub or wait, then walk up to the NPC click duels and then wait for a match to be found. +1 I need this in my life

Reactions: Lime and Meiske

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I really like this idea, it makes sense to be able to go right back into a new duel without having with run back to the NPC as that can be very tedious. It’s a yes from me!

Reactions: Meiske
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom