Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

Currently the Cubecraft discord has a large amount of rule breakers that are unaccounted for after a couple of minutes, because the only way members are able to report is by sending a link to the message into staff help or by pinging and individual mod to annoy.

There is clearly a problem with discord reports atm, it's not consistent and too slow. I believe a solution should be made for this problem

I suggest a ping role for @Report or @rulebreaker or something like that, which is a role a mod can manage themselves, whenever they're online and want to do some moderating they can manage their roles and put it on or off depending on whether they want to be pinged for rules breakers

I believe this would help in the removing of swears or even scam bot links which have been in channels for far too long in the past from what i've seen. Tho i also made a suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubebot-scam-links-etc-suggestion.295347/ which i think is better tho people didnt like it..

In conclusion,
- Swears and scam links aren't removed fast enough
- Add a ping role for mods to put on whenever they're online or whenever they want to do some moderating
- Protect the community from scams

if you agree vote agree :agree: if not vote disagree :disagree: and share your opinion on why it shouldn't be added

Last edited:

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

Currently the Cubecraft discord has a large amount of rule breakers that are unaccounted for after a couple of minutes, because the only way members are able to report is by sending a link to the message into staff help or by pinging and individual mod to annoy.

There is clearly a problem with discord reports atm, it's not consistent and too slow. I believe a solution should be made for this problem

I suggest a ping role for @Report or @rulebreaker or something like that, which is a role a mod can manage themselves, whenever they're online and want to do some moderating they can manage their roles and put it on or off depending on whether they want to be pinged for rules breakers

I believe this would help in the removing of swears or even scam bot links which have been in channels for far too long in the past from what i've seen. Tho i also made a suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubebot-scam-links-etc-suggestion.295347/ which i think is better tho people didnt like it..

In conclusion,
- Add a ping role for mods to put on whenever they're online or whenever they want to do some moderating

if you agree vote agree :agree: if not vote disagree :disagree: and share your opinion on it if you want
I agree with you, I think this would be very useful and it would make it much easier to report people on discord.

Reactions: Matriox

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I agree, though there is one problem - changing that role/permission every time will surely be very annoying for the mods, so maybe that part can become more automated, for example mods could react to a message in a hidden channel to get the role and then remove the reaction to remove the role as well.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
To add onto this, a helpful addition would be to use a/the bot as a reaction role manager. Create a staff-only channel with reaction roles specifically for these cases.

Not only are scam links an issue, but there have been several occasions where a rulebreaker who sent NSFW or something similar would delete their message(s) after a certain while.
*This was not a mod’s doing in any of the cases!
My point is that having to report (link) these in staff-chat will obviously take a very long time for them to get checked... There’s no way a staff member could check this as quickly as they should. That’s because of this system.

What I always do in these situations is take a screenshot as quickly as possible, and possibly a screen recording if there is enough time. Then I mention the staff member I’m most acquainted with in the online list whom I know wouldn’t mind the ping. I also take their online/idle/DND status in account.

Unfortunately, not everyone is acquainted with these staff members or the staff team, which makes it difficult to know who to ping in these situations. That’s why I think your suggestion will prove useful.

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Hello,

In conclusion,

if you agree vote agree :agree: if not vote disagree :disagree: and share your opinion on why it shouldn't be added
the mods are gonna love getting spam pinged by raiders :D

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Hmm, okay your right. But you can punish people for abusing that, but do you have another suggestion?
Yes, jsut keep it like it is atm ~ we're always rather quick with scam links afaik, and it's not the biggest issue ever that a swearing word or something is kept in there for 15 minutes.

you can abuse normal pings too + its toggleable
What is the point of making a pinging role toggleable. To add onto that, from past experiences I've noticed people tend to ping roles more often than individual members so yer xd

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
not always, ive seen scam links sit in channels for far too long
Then you are more than free to ping a staff member.

raiders ping everyone not just people with a special pingable role.. i don't see it as a valid disagreement.
That is untrue. CubeBot now temporarily mutes people who mass ping until we mod reviews it, which means they can ping only once. With a special pingable role, anyone can massping us, and I personally don't really like to wake up to a bazillion pings.

I also would like to stress out that 4 of the 5 people that disagreed are (ex-)mods. In general, we've got more experience moderating such a big community ~ the fact that 80% of the disagrees, and only 1 (ex-)mod agrees kind of shows that this is not something that we would want.

Reactions: Fesa

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
That is untrue. CubeBot now temporarily mutes people who mass ping until we mod reviews it, which means they can ping only once. With a special pingable role, anyone can massping us, and I personally don't really like to wake up to a bazillion pings.
The point of the role is that you only have it on when you online and moderating, i dont think its annoying to get a ping when ur in the discord ur getting it in, and you can ban someone very fast then..

I also would like to stress out that 4 of the 5 people that disagreed are (ex-)mods. In general, we've got more experience moderating such a big community ~ the fact that 80% of the disagrees, and only 1 (ex-)mod agrees kind of shows that this is not something that we would want.
Just shows the community want something changed; they feel the discord reporting system is inconsistent.

I believe this would get stuff deleted way faster

"it's not the biggest issue ever that a swearing word or something is kept in there for 15 minutes." what's the point of the rule being there if that's the attitude of a mod towards it? isn't the whole point that younger people don't have to see words like this when on a minecraft related discord?

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
The point of the role is that you only have it on when you online and moderating, i dont think its annoying to get a ping when ur in the discord ur getting it in, and you can ban someone very fast then..
I can't really speak for others, though I personally don't really have set times when I'm moderating. I get pinged sometime when there's a scam link sent, fairly often when I'm on my phone. I personally wouldn't really want such a rank.

Just shows the community want something changed; they feel the discord reporting system is inconsistent.
But it does also show that as staff members with plenty of experience, we've got a gut feeling this will not work like you want it to. While I do agree that this idea looks good on paper and definitely would work for small(er) servers, it would not for a server with the size of CubeCraftGames.

"it's not the biggest issue ever that a swearing word or something is kept in there for 15 minutes." what's the point of the rule being there if that's the attitude of a mod towards it? isn't the whole point that younger people don't have to see words like this when on a minecraft related discord?
I should've worded that better ~ I'm sorry. I meant more like, I personally do not think we'd need such a rank and pretty much have a risk of it getting massively abused for such relatively small things. The ''wellbeing''/happiness (I forgot the word, im tired grr) of the team is one of the more important things. It really sounds like me that having such a role is more of a pain than a gain.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom