Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Snoopy384

Nov 25, 2017
It's all well and good that the chat was recently revamped yaaay party chat is yellow now woohoo. Except its not all well and good. Party chat before was pretty good, maybe not perfect. It was pretty good because it wasnt beholden to the rules of the general chat. You could swear and you could spam your friends. I thought it was fine because just that, the people youre partying with are your friends, typically. Even if they aren't, you chose to be in the party; by extension you can choose to leave if you dont like whats being said in the party.

To get to the root of my frustrations with the update though, is that now party chat is held to the same standards as general chat. This means I cant say certain words ( such as LL, i dont know what it means but i can no longer say it to my friends when i misspell "lol" ) and i cant send messages quickly. I could deal with randomly being censored, sure it's not awful. But not being able to send messages quickly? It might not be obvious what my problem with this is and you might just think "But you just want to spam your friends!", but you'd be wrong. A large amount of people including myself type very quickly; more and more kids who grow up with the internet type quickly.

The main problem i have with this block is that when I'm in a team game with a close friend and I'm watching enemy teams moving and reporting it in party chat, when they finally do come to attack I dont get those precious seconds of warning them because "Please slow down your chat!". That is definitely not a moment when i want to be slowing down my chat and it's definnitely not helpful for competative games.

How do you fix it? Bring back the way party chat used to be, where you could say whatever you wanted to the friends you trusted and spam them.

A

A pigeon

They’ll never change the swearing rule , we tried. Spamming ahould be allowed in the party chat.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I agree that swearing in party chat should be allowed, but there is nothing we can do about it. We have a partnership and one of the conditions is that we have a filter in party chat.

Reactions: Shifts

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Wait is there a chat cooldown for party and friends chat? I would rather have that removed. Sometimes I type so fast that I get the "please slowdown your chat message" even though I've just written 3 different sentences.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
It's all well and good that the chat was recently revamped yaaay party chat is yellow now woohoo. Except its not all well and good. Party chat before was pretty good, maybe not perfect. It was pretty good because it wasnt beholden to the rules of the general chat. You could swear and you could spam your friends. I thought it was fine because just that, the people youre partying with are your friends, typically. Even if they aren't, you chose to be in the party; by extension you can choose to leave if you dont like whats being said in the party.

To get to the root of my frustrations with the update though, is that now party chat is held to the same standards as general chat. This means I cant say certain words ( such as LL, i dont know what it means but i can no longer say it to my friends when i misspell "lol" ) and i cant send messages quickly. I could deal with randomly being censored, sure it's not awful. But not being able to send messages quickly? It might not be obvious what my problem with this is and you might just think "But you just want to spam your friends!", but you'd be wrong. A large amount of people including myself type very quickly; more and more kids who grow up with the internet type quickly.

The main problem i have with this block is that when I'm in a team game with a close friend and I'm watching enemy teams moving and reporting it in party chat, when they finally do come to attack I dont get those precious seconds of warning them because "Please slow down your chat!". That is definitely not a moment when i want to be slowing down my chat and it's definnitely not helpful for competative games.

How do you fix it? Bring back the way party chat used to be, where you could say whatever you wanted to the friends you trusted and spam them.
Don't even try making a suggestion. The management is waaaaay too stubborn. They just want the $ and they don't care about the community whatsoever. Complete waste of time making this thread.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Does that condition specify that we have to have a chat cooldown in party chat? Does that condition specify that the letters "L" and "F" should be in that filter?
I hope it doesn't so we can make it more bearable.
L is to prevent players from being toxic and F is for bypassing inapproriate words. Why is it such a big deal that those letters are in the filter?

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
L is to prevent players from being toxic and F is for bypassing inapproriate words. Why is it such a big deal that those letters are in the filter?
Because many words compose of those letters , your basically eliminating hundreds of thousands of words doing that

I agree that swearing in party chat should be allowed, but there is nothing we can do about it. We have a partnership and one of the conditions is that we have a filter in party chat.
I see you fell for Microsofts crap again they tell you rules they themselves dont follow... lol

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Your question has already been answered by the people above me, but let me repeat my first question anyway:
Does that condition specify that we have to have a chat cooldown in party chat?
I hope it doesn't so we can make it more bearable.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
All chats were always beheld to the no swearing rule, but it was rare when anyone would report their friend or someone else in a party for breaking a rule. Unless that person got upset at them or if it was for a joke. Though then they would complain to staff like "The report was only for a joke. Pls unmute my friend", when staff take reports seriously.

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
Naw I hated the filter but I can live with it now. I raged at cube for like a week because of the filter but eh it’s kinda good because you don’t have all those staff wannabes reporting you for saying some little curses

Reactions: Shamel

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Naw I hated the filter but I can live with it now. I raged at cube for like a week because of the filter but eh it’s kinda good because you don’t have all those staff wannabes reporting you for saying some little curses
there's still so many of them actually reporting people from party chat, you would be surprised xd

Reactions: Shifts
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on Basketman's profile.
Late happy birthday! Hope it was very good! 🎉🏀
yeoxuhang wrote on Basketman's profile.
I'm late but anyway Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Zrqii's profile.