_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Currently being reworked

Did you think I was going to leave you hanging? I'm back with another build and this one is from my poll: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/maps-suggestions.223534/#post-1080525 You guys told me that Parkour is the game that currently needs maps. So I partnered up with StopWalking to bring you a map that won't leave you on a cliffhanger! I present Cliffside!

- Map name: Cliffside

- Creator(s) of the map: @_The13thDoctor_ and @StopWalking

- Description of map: Contains 3 levels for easy parkour. The map is actually quite simple despite its looks. It's very fun to play on and a beauty to look at. Parkour is easy but a bit challenging if you're not paying attention!

https://imgur.com/a/2cAoEy2

Feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad, I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me. If you're on the edge don't vote and make suggestions rather then being forced to vote one way or another!

Special Thanks:
To all the people who participated in my poll! <3
@StopWalking for creating the buildings and recording me parkour on it.

A sheep, a snake, and a drum fell off of a cliff. Baa- Dum- Tsss

Last edited:
Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Yes the map is nice but the parkour is very dull. Just look at the records book and what sort of maps people are competing on and going for records on. Those maps have multiple routes and different shortcuts instead of a line from once end to the other. I'd also call that parkour too easy, there is no way to really fall with 2 block jumps and climbs up ladders. You are using the map to carry all the weight so try to actually make the parkour good.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes the map is nice but the parkour is very dull. Just look at the records book and what sort of maps people are competing on and going for records on. Those maps have multiple routes and different shortcuts instead of a line from once end to the other. I'd also call that parkour too easy, there is no way to really fall with 2 block jumps and climbs up ladders. You are using the map to carry all the weight so try to actually make the parkour good.

It's easy mode for a reason, and even then it's a bit challenging to do. I had to do more than 1 take because some areas if your not paying attention you will fail. There are short cuts I DIDN'T demonstrate, you have to find them yourself. Also no need to get edgy "You are using the map to carry all the weight so try to actually make the parkour good." if you think it's that bad why don't you come onto the server and show me if you can do better. I'm curious. Because if you know so much why don't you show me so I can improve rather then telling me it's bad but not giving anyways I can fix it.

D

Deleted member 492126

It's easy mode for a reason, and even then it's a bit challenging to do. I had to do more than 1 take because some areas if your not paying attention you will fail. There are short cuts I DIDN'T demonstrate, you have to find them yourself. Also no need to get edgy "You are using the map to carry all the weight so try to actually make the parkour good." if you think it's that bad why don't you come onto the server and show me if you can do better. I'm curious. Because if you know so much why don't you show me so I can improve rather then telling me it's bad but not giving anyways I can fix it.
Not trying to be rude, but Andy's just trying to help make the map better.
rather then telling me it's bad but not giving anyways I can fix it.
He actually gave you a solution; he suggested you to make the parkour less easy, because
there is no way to really fall with 2 block jumps and climbs up ladders.

-------------
If you think the map is good and you like it how it is, there's nothing wrong with that :d
Feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad, I'd like to hear it!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Not trying to be rude, but he's just trying to help make the map better.

He actually gave you solutions; he suggested you to make the parkour less easy, because

-------------
If you think the map is good and you like it how it is, there's nothing wrong with that :d

I want feedback that can help me like specific ways to fix it not in general.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I want feedback that can help me like specific ways to fix it not in general.
Yes the map is nice but the parkour is very dull.
Those maps have multiple routes and different shortcuts instead of a line from once end to the other.
I'd also call that parkour too easy, there is no way to really fall with 2 block jumps and climbs up ladders.
How specific do you want it to be?

Reactions: Eli

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Well I did say to look at the parkour levels that people continually play on and get records for so that's an example of how to improve. I also said you could fix it by having multiple pathways. That can be done by having a more windy route which you can make cuts between to save time on. Too much of the parkour is just a straight line of jumps or a basic zigzag. The only shortcut I found watching it was to skip one jump by jumping a bit further. Making compelling parkour is actually surprisingly difficult because I've done it before on a small server.

If you want me to come online and change your parkour for you, what is your contribution at that point? To make parkour levels, you have to be able to make parkour. It's not just a case of sticking random jumps here and there. You have to think about how the player will move and the flow of the jumps. For example, making stop and start parkour where players have to stop in-between jumps is far less interesting. I'm sure you can learn how to make parkour but if you want someone else to do it for you, I'm sure you can entrust StopWalking's map in better hands.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
How specific do you want it to be?

I just wanted a visual example but nvm.

Well I did say to look at the parkour levels that people continually play on and get records for so that's an example of how to improve. I also said you could fix it by having multiple pathways. That can be done by having a more windy route which you can make cuts between to save time on. Too much of the parkour is just a straight line of jumps or a basic zigzag. The only shortcut I found watching it was to skip one jump by jumping a bit further. Making compelling parkour is actually surprisingly difficult because I've done it before on a small server.

If you want me to come online and change your parkour for you, what is your contribution at that point? To make parkour levels, you have to be able to make parkour. It's not just a case of sticking random jumps here and there. You have to think about how the player will move and the flow of the jumps. For example, making stop and start parkour where players have to stop in-between jumps is far less interesting. I'm sure you can learn how to make parkour but if you want someone else to do it for you, I'm sure you can entrust StopWalking's map in better hands.

Again just wanting a visual example but this is fine I guess. I didn't want you to do it lmao I wanted you to SHOW me what you meant so I could learn and maybe fix it.

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
So the map looks good indeed, it's just that the parkour is a too simple. The size of the map is great, but you're using such a small portion of it for the parkour. I would start the parkour at the gate and place each finish at of the towers. Maybe you could make it go around some trees or make parts of it inside the building. This would give it more of an adventurous feel and makes it more interesting.
wee.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday xx
Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
average roblox conversation
IMG_8762.jpeg
Nightmare wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom