Optifine triggers Sentinel

Discussion in 'Plugins and Coding' started by xXIIIIIIXx, Aug 15, 2019.

1. xXIIIIIIXx

xXIIIIIIXx Member

xXIIIIIIXx
    Obsidian
    There are some players which have been banned by Sentinel for using optifine which is allowed mod.Sentinel bans them while using the zoom option(something like 30 fov)
    Today I got kicked for using that and I got Kicked for flying or related and fortunately i got lucky and didn’t get banned.Thats some Sentinel error which I really want to get fixed because not every time you will record and get proof for unban if that happens.

2. Borgnath

Borgnath Member

Borgnath
    Obsidian
    Maybe you provide evidence?
    Who is this players?

-UE-RocketAce04 likes this.
  3. Riley

Riley Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    As far as I know, Sentinel would be unable to detect zooming in and out, the players you're referring to were likely actually using illegal mods

4. Expectational

Expectational Member

Expectational
    Diamond
    It is quite normal for Anti Cheats to false ban/false flag for mods with mechanics like Optifine due to its smoothing of aim, however, it's quite easy to build in a way to stop it from triggering. I would assume that this is not something that has been overlooked in Sentinel, especially as I use Optifine zooming a lot.

iConfueZ and Azalea like this.
  5. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ Member

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    If someone got false banned and they ever so happen to be using Optifine, it doesn't instantly mean Optifine is the root cause of the ban. It could be their weird behavior, maybe they butterfly clicked, or maybe they did cheat.

Just because someone had a knife in their pocket it doesn't mean they were the one to cut the rope.

Rivanaul, CubeTale, Josher and 2 others like this.
  6. xXIIIIIIXx

xXIIIIIIXx Member

xXIIIIIIXx
    Obsidian
    I have seen some like HetIsAapie vid on it(I got banned from cubecraft)Some of mine friends have got that issue etc.Its quite rare but still

7. SanCookie

SanCookie Designer
    Staff Member Designer

SanCookie
    Designer
    PLUS
    The video you were reffering to was made two years ago. And on top of that, "HetIsAapie" didn't even show his viewers how he got banned, he could actually have been using illegal modifications and just blaming OptiFine for his ban.

I'd like to link the video but it contains swearing, his YouTube channel has the name "Het Aapje" and Dutch is the language spoken in the video.

In the video, he claims to not be a hacker but he told his viewers that he used to be a hacker about a year ago. He also claims that it's impossible to remove hacks within an hour, he doesn't show us his .minecraft so he could have just switched his version from a hacked client to an OptiFine client. I do not believe "Het Aapje" at all.

8. mitgobla

mitgobla Designer
    Staff Member Designer

mitgobla
    Designer
    PLUS
    Definitely don't believe this at all. Modifying the FOV is entirely clientside and you don't even need optifine to achieve an FOV of 30 using the zoom, as you can modify the FOV beyond the limits in the Minecraft settings file.

Being kicked for flying is usually not Sentinel and is actually Minecraft's built in "allow-flight: false" setting in server configuration files. It's not very reliable as it can kick you for lagging in game because it believes you are flying.

Rivanaul likes this.
  9. xXIIIIIIXx

xXIIIIIIXx Member

xXIIIIIIXx
    Obsidian
    I don’t know why it happens really,just saying that something is wrong

10. Marieke2001

Marieke2001 Member

Mehriekehh
    Diamond
    Recording it will give Loony something to work with. It just telling without any real context except for that you were zooming in probably doesn’t help him.

Rivanaul likes this.
  11. LittleYellowLion

LittleYellowLion Member

il0v3anna
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Thats true. A couple videos later he gets also banned from hypixel. He has a double clicker and he says he doesn't use it anymore.

Also if you have proof of you not using any hacks it is a other thing. Zoom is not higher than 30 FOV. It just change your FOV. The only thing i can think is that doing that really fast for a long time can trigger sentinal.

12. CraftCreatures

CraftCreatures Member

CraftCreatures
    Emerald
    Optifine zoom is Client-side, so maybe try to record it if it happens.

13. xXIIIIIIXx

xXIIIIIIXx Member

xXIIIIIIXx
    Obsidian
    I will try

14. LoonyRules

LoonyRules Developer
    Staff Member Developer

LoonyRules
    Developer
    PLUS
    Like many people have already said, Optifine's zoom feature is client-side only and will not get you banned on CubeCraft.