Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey

Jun 25, 2015
Groningen, The Netherlands
Okay, my opinion:

I agree with the most, 1.9 PvP sucks. But the other things i kinda begin to like. When they said that the update was comming, i hated it. But now, it's okay.. I think everyone should deal with it, if Cube will go back, it will NOT help, MineCraft will not delete 1.9.. The CubeCraft staff can choose it, it's their server. That's my opinion, please don't hate it guys :3

- Jupstra :)

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I consider myself quite good at pvp, I win most of the battles I get into. But I'm one of the few people in this position that absolutely loves 1.9.
It's something different, new and exciting. I wings when they are added to survival games are going to be a blast, the sword fighting delay can be annoying if you don't have a shield!
The dual wielding is nicely implemented and boats are so much fun to use and rain isn't laggy anymore.

People are hating on it because 1.8 was easy for them to kill people, if they're "so good" at pvp then prove it and get used to the changes and start climbing to the top again.

Reactions: PinkSparkleWolf

Osoplayned

Jul 2, 2015
Colombia
PvP is very unfair in certain cases, for example you have a wooden sword without armor if you know to strafe and paste when is the right time you can expect to earn full diamond

xXDJsupremeXx

Mar 6, 2016
This isn't your responsibility but could you please have a notice saying the server is in 1.9 and not to spam click because I have been accused of being a hacker by at least 3 people in every game I play because I bothered to learn about the new combat mechanics

Rodrigo42

May 30, 2015
The pvp in version 1.9 is disgusting Now it will be the same fight with someone and sleep as they wait to give each blow makes a boring game and loses the grace #OldCubeReturn

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I'll give some points about what I think of Minecraft 1.9:
  • I feel like the PvP update was totally unnecessary, why? Well PvP is the biggest aspect of Minecraft, it didn't become the biggest aspect for no reason, it's because the PvP was so enjoyable and there wasn't really anything wrong with it. So why change it if the current (old) PvP style was so popular and enjoyable to everyone.
  • The update is supposed to increase the difficulty of Minecraft PvP, to me it doesn't seem difficult at all. The only thing that changed really is that you can't really defeat a full diamond guy anymore when you don't have good gear (For example: Having a chain chestplate and a wooden sword in assasins and fighting a full diamond guy) Unless he's really bad and just spam clicks of course. So the skill requirement to be good at PvP in my opinion has decreased.
  • The really love the 1.9 update for freebuild servers, like survival, skyblock, factions and creative as it gives a lot of new and fun possibilities within the game, but on CubeCraft we currently don't have any freebuild servers so I can't really support CubeCraft changing to 1.9 for that reason.
  • I really dislike how the fights take long, this PvP will get boring really quick as it's basically the same thing over and over again. Also some things are really overpowered that should've never been added to Minecraft PvP, for example you can hold a bow and a sword at the same time. You don't have to switch to another spot in your hotbar, which makes it way easier to PvP..
  • They added a bunch of features into the game that are basically features in hacked clients, for example they added an enchantment that allows you to walk on water, they added an item that allows you to glide/fly from high buildings or just when you're running and spam click the jump button you're going faster than any other normal running player and they added a spectral arrow that kind of allows you to see through buildings to follow the NPC that you're trying to kill, so some kind of tracers.
  • I really dislike the sound of hitting someone and the animation of spam clicking, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree with the sound of hitting someone and you're able to hear other players walk in lobbies when you have friends only on, which is extremely annoying. I dislike the animation of spam clicking, because your arm basically disappears out of your screen.
  • I also dislike the fact that CubeCraft didn't really give us a chance to choose if we wanted to have the server updated to 1.9 or not. As Luke said on his twitter page that eventually every server is going to update to 1.9, that might be true, but Mojang might make a lot of changes to 1.9.1 because people don't like things in 1.9 or things are broken/bugged and overpowered. Many people say that people will eventually get used to it, well that's true, because we have to get used to it and you can't compare this update to the one from 1.7 to 1.8, as this completely changes the biggest aspect of the game.
  • I'm pretty sure the new hacked clients will be more overpowered than they've ever been on Minecraft, with Minecraft 1.8 you were actually able to defeat people who used these clients. I'm sure they will create a hacked client that will always hit the person they're fighting at exactly the time they have to wait etc.
  • You can team kill people by walking inside of them whilst they're for example on a bridge in SkyWars, teamkilling is against the rules, but pushing people off the edge this can happen a lot on accident..

I probably forgot some points, but I'll edit them in if I can think of them...

Last edited:

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
I get 3 idea's to make the PvP normally
1. Remove the cooldown or make the cooldown so low as possible (0.1 second)
2. Remove the Shields
3. Make it possible to stay in people
Thanks for reading:D <3
Kcik12 :D

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
  • I feel like the PvP update was totally unnecessary, why? Well PvP is the biggest aspect of Minecraft, it didn't become the biggest aspect for no reason, it's because the PvP was so enjoyable and there wasn't really anything wrong with it. So why change it if the current (old) PvP style was so popular and enjoyable to everyone.
  • The update is supposed to increase the difficulty of Minecraft PvP, to me it doesn't seem difficult at all. The only thing that changed really is that you can't really defeat a full diamond guy anymore when you don't have good gear (For example: Having a chain chestplate and a wooden sword in assasins and fighting a full diamond guy) Unless he's really bad and just spam clicks of course. So the skill requirement to be good at PvP in my opinion has decreased.
  • The really love the 1.9 update for freebuild servers, like survival, skyblock, factions and creative as it gives a lot of new and fun possibilities within the game, but on CubeCraft we currently don't have any freebuild servers so I can't really support CubeCraft changing to 1.9 for that reason.
  • I really dislike how the fights take long, this PvP will get boring really quick as it's basically the same thing over and over again. Also some things are really overpowered that should've never been added to Minecraft PvP, for example you can hold a bow and a sword at the same time. You don't have to switch to another spot in your hotbar, which makes it way easier to PvP..
  • They added a bunch of features into the game that are basically features in hacked clients, for example they added an enchantment that allows you to walk on water, they added an item that allows you to glide/fly from high buildings or just when you're running and spam click the jump button you're going faster than any other normal running player and they added a spectral arrow that kind of allows you to see through buildings to follow the NPC that you're trying to kill, so some kind of tracers.
  • I really dislike the sound of hitting someone and the animation of spam clicking, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree with the sound of hitting someone and you're able to hear other players walk in lobbies when you have friends only on, which is extremely annoying. I dislike the animation of spam clicking, because your arm basically disappears out of your screen.
  • I also dislike the fact that CubeCraft didn't really give us a chance to choose if we wanted to have the server updated to 1.9 or not. As Luke said on his twitter page that eventually every server is going to update to 1.9, that might be true, but Mojang might make a lot of changes to 1.9.1 because people don't like things in 1.9 or things are broken/bugged and overpowered. Many people say that people will eventually get used to it, well that's true, because we have to get used to it and you can't compare this update to the one from 1.7 to 1.8, as this completely changes the biggest aspect of the game.
  • I'm pretty sure the new hacked clients will be more overpowered than they've ever been on Minecraft, with Minecraft 1.8 you were actually able to defeat people who used these clients. I'm sure they will create a hacked client that will always hit the person they're fighting at exactly the time they have to wait etc.

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER!!! <333333333

Reactions: Rodrigo42

SkillRaider

Sep 26, 2015
Yo pienso que deben actualizar a la 1.7 o 1.8 como gusten porque?
Lo que yo pienso de la 1.9 es algo terrible y muchos lo creerán y dan muchas razones las cuales son muy interesantes a mi parecer, pero bueno ya le digo que es lo que no me gusta de la 1.9

1.- Lag del infierno (no hay optifine)

2.- La modalidad de pvp.
Muchos personas "ProsPvP" practicaron mucho y demasiado, pero para que? para que venga Microsoft y actualize a esta técnica tan horrible? deberíamos quedarnos en la 1.7 o 1.8 como lo hacen en otros servidores como badlion, kohi, etc esos servidores no se actualizaran, ¿Porque?
Porque saben lo que sufrirán los practicantes de pvp, todo el esfuerzo que hicieron, a la basura, porque no se hace esto en todos los sv? si hay muchos errores en la 1.9? ni si quiera han sacado el Optifine así que va de la mrd el minecraft para los que tienen mala pc obviamente.

Bueno esa es mi opinión sobre la 1.9.

Reactions: Martaa

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
It's nothing like 1.8 at the moment, you're litterly standing and waiting until your sword either axe is readied up, so you can hit again after that. It's no strafing and feels like you don't need skills to even get a kill. Just stand and wait.. wait.. wait..

MeliLuna

Feb 11, 2016
You can't do fast bridge, you can't pvp so well, it's just so hard for pvp lovers, its not cool. For other games that are like survivals it's cool, but for pvp games .... this isn't working. So many people that tried so hard to learn to do things like fast bridge, combos and all that... and from one day to another it all changes, it's not fair...

TechnoAdam2000

Aug 5, 2015
  • You can team kill people by walking inside of them whilst they're for example on a bridge in SkyWars, teamkilling is against the rules, but pushing people off the edge can happen a lot on accident..

Couldnt have said it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom