Votes: 45 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleBurn

Dec 3, 2019
I have been playing egg wars for a long time now, since before the two extra game modes were added to the server. Don't get me wrong I love updates, but Overpowered mode ruins egg wars for me. It seems like 80% of the time I hop on egg wars after a long day of work with my buddies every. single. game. gets voted Overpowered Items and Half health. This allows all the super buffed gear without the dreadfully long spam fights. However, I still find that this mode (late game) is still that way. When the game shifts from primarily leather armor to primarily Iron armor it becomes a game of who is more accurate with a punch bow and who bought the most golden apples. I will say Thank you to Cubecraft for being one of the only Pvp Servers (That I've seen) to maintain a 1,9 PVP server because I find 1.9 PVP way more intriguing than its counterpart anyway back on the topic. Op mode isn't fun. It gives a crutch to bad players by allowing them to tank 20 hits before dying and making good players even harder to beat. Like I said before it comes down to how many Golden apples you have and how many backup sets of armor you have. With normal mode, there are more available options to play style. You can use an Axe, you can run around with basic gear the whole game and cheese eggs. you can control mid, you can run your base generators, and most importantly GETTING HIT MATTERS. Taking damage is way more dangerous making maneuvering the map and taking the right fights are at the Forefront of your mind. With all this said, I know most people enjoy OP mode and that means most likely nothing will happen. However, I feel expressing my thoughts may get someone else who feels the same way to push this further. If you have made it this far into this paragraph thank you for taking the time out of your day. I hope this resonates with people and maybe see a change in the way we play Eggwars. Thank you and GL HF gamers!

Shomita

Dec 29, 2016
Perú
The Op is very very important, probably if they removed it, it would only be something more boring. Well, in my opinion, op is something that makes you want to buy, defend and countless things that we can take advantage of.

Reactions: Drakie❤

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
I have been playing egg wars for a long time now, since before the two extra game modes were added to the server. Don't get me wrong I love updates, but Overpowered mode ruins egg wars for me. It seems like 80% of the time I hop on egg wars after a long day of work with my buddies every. single. game. gets voted Overpowered Items and Half health. This allows all the super buffed gear without the dreadfully long spam fights. However, I still find that this mode (late game) is still that way. When the game shifts from primarily leather armor to primarily Iron armor it becomes a game of who is more accurate with a punch bow and who bought the most golden apples. I will say Thank you to Cubecraft for being one of the only Pvp Servers (That I've seen) to maintain a 1,9 PVP server because I find 1.9 PVP way more intriguing than its counterpart anyway back on the topic. Op mode isn't fun. It gives a crutch to bad players by allowing them to tank 20 hits before dying and making good players even harder to beat. Like I said before it comes down to how many Golden apples you have and how many backup sets of armor you have. With normal mode, there are more available options to play style. You can use an Axe, you can run around with basic gear the whole game and cheese eggs. you can control mid, you can run your base generators, and most importantly GETTING HIT MATTERS. Taking damage is way more dangerous making maneuvering the map and taking the right fights are at the Forefront of your mind. With all this said, I know most people enjoy OP mode and that means most likely nothing will happen. However, I feel expressing my thoughts may get someone else who feels the same way to push this further. If you have made it this far into this paragraph thank you for taking the time out of your day. I hope this resonates with people and maybe see a change in the way we play Eggwars. Thank you and GL HF gamers!

OP gives you a more lengthy game, which I like myself.

I also agree with the others, in that steaks and blocks cost a TON of iron and you have to FARM it to get enough for a trip out.

I personally like Overpowered and Normal health, because for me personally, EggWars is not a PvP game. Its about using other methods, like bows, spleef, and trapping.

I WOULD make the change to increase the price of golden apples by A LOT though, as I think they are fairly overpowered.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

I think it’s just you that has a problem with it. I actually find it fun and very easy. Maybe you have to play it more and get used to it?

Reactions: Fiefens

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it’s just you that has a problem with it. I actually find it fun and very easy. Maybe you have to play it more and get used to it?
He specifically said at the beginning that he had been playing "for a long time now" implying that he has enough experience with it. I myself have been playing for a few years now and am inclined to agree with him. On average I would say that when Overpowered items are voted, the game lasts substantially longer than it would with normal items, in my opinion this is mainly because of the increase in the enchantments of the armor on op. While the swords do also receive an increase in damage, i believe that it still is a small bit unbalanced. Because of this it takes much longer to eliminate a player on op than it would on normal/hardcore, therefore costing the player a lot of time. This is of course fine for players that can play 4+ hours a day, but for players that cannot invest that much time into the game this can be quite frustrating, even more so for anyone that does not have gold rank or above. An ideal solution for me would be to make the armor slightly weaker, while keeping the sword enchantments the same. Also as previously mentioned the prices for the golden apples should be increased.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
He specifically said at the beginning that he had been playing "for a long time now" implying that he has enough experience with it. I myself have been playing for a few years now and am inclined to agree with him. On average I would say that when Overpowered items are voted, the game lasts substantially longer than it would with normal items, in my opinion this is mainly because of the increase in the enchantments of the armor on op. While the swords do also receive an increase in damage, i believe that it still is a small bit unbalanced. Because of this it takes much longer to eliminate a player on op than it would on normal/hardcore, therefore costing the player a lot of time. This is of course fine for players that can play 4+ hours a day, but for players that cannot invest that much time into the game this can be quite frustrating, even more so for anyone that does not have gold rank or above. An ideal solution for me would be to make the armor slightly weaker, while keeping the sword enchantments the same. Also as previously mentioned the prices for the golden apples should be increased.

This is completely false. I have OP games that go on for about 10-15 minutes, probably because I’m on a good team. And the enchantments and prices are completely fine. Again it’s just you because hardly anyone else besides the few people who commented who don’t think it’s “fair” or whatever. And if you get a gold rank you can just vote something else. Plus ever hear of half health? It goes quite nicely with OP. Weather you have a rank or not most players vote half now for even quicker games which is very much true.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
I like OP game modes, but I do not like the half health that seems that everyone wants to do. I love to strategize and have very long and extended fights.

Also I believe that the prices of regular golden apples can be pushed up to be even more gold, or even a low amount of Diamonds, because the amount of people who just constantly use golden apples is not really fun to fight against, as they run away as their skill (lack there of) is the only way they can survive.

Reactions: GladiusYugen

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
This is completely false. I have OP games that go on for about 10-15 minutes, probably because I’m on a good team. And the enchantments and prices are completely fine. Again it’s just you because hardly anyone else besides the few people who commented who don’t think it’s “fair” or whatever. And if you get a gold rank you can just vote something else. Plus ever hear of half health? It goes quite nicely with OP. Weather you have a rank or not most players vote half now for even quicker games which is very much true.
you are right that I am in the minority but i doubt that means you can just deny all my reasoning because of that? Anyway i respect your opinion but I am pretty sure that the majority of players agree with one point, that the golden apple should have a higher price, even 4 gold would be satisfying. Your games may last 10-15 minutes but again, I am talking about the majority of games here and in my experience they can last for up to 2-3 hours at times (although this is a rare occurrence). Again, I respect your opinion and understand your point of view.

Reactions: DuckzyJr

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
you are right that I am in the minority but i doubt that means you can just deny all my reasoning because of that? Anyway i respect your opinion but I am pretty sure that the majority of players agree with one point, that the golden apple should have a higher price, even 4 gold would be satisfying. Your games may last 10-15 minutes but again, I am talking about the majority of games here and in my experience they can last for up to 2-3 hours at times (although this is a rare occurrence). Again, I respect your opinion and understand your point of view.

No it’s already to much. Especially for maps with very low gold generators. That would make the game slower because everyone needs golden apples and don’t want to risk getting into a fight without them.

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
No it’s already to much. Especially for maps with very low gold generators. That would make the game slower because everyone needs golden apples and don’t want to risk getting into a fight without them.
While it could be possible that people wouldn't risk going into a fight without them, that is already the case so it doesn't change a lot. And if the cost was changed to 4 like i suggested, people could get 1 golden apple at the start and thus be confident enough to get into a fight. And since golden apples would be rarer its quite likely that the fights would take less time as it would be a less common occurrence for players to be chugging down golden apples during the fight. We cant know for sure unless we experience it though so lets hope they add this feature as a test sometime for a short while.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't like the long fights either, but I do like the cheap blocks and food.
Also, this is part of having a rank. People vote for the mode they prefer.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
While it could be possible that people wouldn't risk going into a fight without them, that is already the case so it doesn't change a lot. And if the cost was changed to 4 like i suggested, people could get 1 golden apple at the start and thus be confident enough to get into a fight. And since golden apples would be rarer its quite likely that the fights would take less time as it would be a less common occurrence for players to be chugging down golden apples during the fight. We cant know for sure unless we experience it though so lets hope they add this feature as a test sometime for a short while.

Thats a kit and then some people would get 3 and that would be a bit much. And no then tryhards would dominate and less good players would have less of a chance to try and fight back.

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
Thats a kit and then some people would get 3 and that would be a bit much. And no then tryhards would dominate and less good players would have less of a chance to try and fight back.
I mean that's like saying that the kit is unfair for normal items, when quite obviously it is balanced. And tryhards dominate in all gamemodes, no matter if there's more expensive golden apples or less expensive (I can say this as a tryhard myself lol). But again, I understand your point and thank you for showing me your side.

Vogel.

Jan 1, 2020
I agree with you about the PvP and damage aspects of OP mode. But I still vote for OP every game because I really like to have a lot of steaks and blocks; everything is cheap. I'm Dutch, I like cheap stuff.
haha ja same

Vogel.

Jan 1, 2020
i like it in the beggining i just attack in the beggining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
Top Bottom