Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BlueQuakeAdmin_

Apr 17, 2016
Earth
Hello everyone!
Today I'm back with another suggestion.

I think that it is pretty annoying that you can only do /tell to the people in the lobby you are in. For example, Eggwars Lobby 3, 25 people. You can only do /tell to those in that lobby!

Therefore, I am suggesting that the /tell command can be allowed throughout the whole server, not just that one lobby.

Why?
Yes, /fmsg can do the job for you. But what if that person isn't in your friends list? With /tell enabled throughout the entire server, it would be a lot easier to contact people.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I honestly think that /tell is specially made to only msg people who are in the same lobby as you. Though, I do support this idea.

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
This is a cool and simple idea, yes, I'd like this to get added!

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hello everyone!

I think that it is pretty annoying that you can only do /tell to the people in the lobby you are in. For example, Eggwars Lobby 3, 25 people. You can only do /tell to those in that lobby!

Therefore, I am suggesting that the /tell command can be allowed throughout the whole server, not just that one lobby.

Why?
Yes, /fmsg can do the job for you. But what if that person isn't in your friends list? With /tell enabled throughout the entire server, it would be a lot easier to contact people.
I think /msg works as well?

Exull

Jan 3, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
Hello everyone!

Why?
Yes!
I've actually wondered why Cubecraft didn't do this at the first place.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I'm not completely against this idea it's just that some players might get constantly spammed and it might get annoying to some.

Creating a "toggle" mode for receiving messages might not be the easiest thing to do either since you wouldn't want to block all messages but also wouldn't want to get spammed.

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I'm not completely against this idea it's just that some players might get constantly spammed and it might get annoying to some.

Creating a "toggle" mode for receiving messages might not be the easiest thing to do either since you wouldn't want to block all messages but also wouldn't want to get spammed.
However, if there also would be added a /ignore, /block feature, it would be no problemo :p

Reactions: BlueQuakeAdmin_

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head

Or maybe you can have in settings ´Disable /tell in other lobby's'

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
/tell for all lobbies would be really nice instead of having to fmsg because then What if their not in your friends list? And I don't think spamming would be much of a problem if you could just do /ignore (player) another thing that might be helpful is /ignore list and it shows you who you've ignored if you want to unignore them
- good idea much less frustrating +1

Reactions: BlueQuakeAdmin_

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Hello everyone!

Why?
Yeah I find it annoying when i can't do /tell across the entire server not the player that in my lobby

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
No, I am against this idea because of the fact it could be abused greatly if not handled correctly. Think of the staff and youtubers that could be constantly harassed because of this command. Even a toggling command for it would be a great deal of coding on the developers and not really necessary. I am sure the friend chat is only there for this reason. This is why I am against this suggestion for the sheer fact of how much it can be abused.

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
I understand your concern for how much this could be abused but youtubers are protected by the YouTuber rank, and staff have access to the command /nick at their disposal. And the friend chat is to chat with friends internationally but what if your friend list is full ? Surely you would want to communicate with others over multiple lobby's without having to delete a friend. And a /ignore command had already been coded by others.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Yaaaayy!!
I think we really meed this, I've tried to tell somebody that is not in my friends list something, like to party or whatever but can't because game finishes or whatever...
WOuld be awesome if there would be like a /msg command with /msg toggle and /msg disable /msg enable, etc xD
Like this idea a lot +1

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I understand your concern for how much this could be abused but youtubers are protected by the YouTuber rank, and staff have access to the command /nick at their disposal
where did you hear that staff had /nick?
also did you read the thread
this has nothing to do with /nick
And a /ignore command had already been coded by others.
again where did you hear that?
and once again this thread isn't about /nick or /ignore
/tell is an actual command in just normal minecraft no mods, no pluggins nothing

I think you might have meant to post that in another thread

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
where did you hear that staff had /nick?
also did you read the thread
this has nothing to do with /nick

again where did you hear that?
and once again this thread isn't about /nick or /ignore
/tell is an actual command in just normal minecraft no mods, no pluggins nothing

I think you might have meant to post that in another thread
Actually no I did not mean to post that in another thread I was responding to ROB_the_giraffes post of how staff and youtubers might be spammed and I suggested /nick so that they can't be spammed. And yes this is about /tell over multiple lobbies but people have the concern of them being spammed so I suggested /ignore so that they won't be spammed by /tell spammers and rob the giraffe said that it would require excessive coding from the developers to create a /ignore option and I said that it's already been coded in a separate mod/plug-in

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Actually no I did not mean to post that in another thread I was responding to ROB_the_giraffes post of how staff and youtubers might be spammed and I suggested /nick so that they can't be spammed. And yes this is about /tell over multiple lobbies but people have the concern of them being spammed so I suggested /ignore so that they won't be spammed by /tell spammers and rob the giraffe said that it would require excessive coding from the developers to create a /ignore option and I said that it's already been coded in a separate mod/plug-in
1 this is why you quote players or mention them if quoting players aren't direct when replying to a specific post because I bet you I wasn't the only one who got very confused
2 still is false, staff don't have /nick
3 you didn't say they could add /ignore you said
And a /ignore command had already been coded by others.
however if you check this
2017-03-14_13.13.42.png

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
I wasn't talking about cubecrafts plugins I was talking about other mods/plugins that have been created. And you should read all the comments first so you can see all the points of views. And if the youtuber ranks have /nick then the staff have /nick

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom