• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alxssa

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey,
The real OGs know the old lobbies, the old maps etc. I often see on the Cubecraft Forum that people want the lobbies back.
In the old days, when everything was still there, everyone always said:
Come to the fountain if you are Dutch, etc.

I want to go back that time, it was such a nice time, or you had to click on a board to join a game and say to your friends: Quickly join that! Then we sit side by side and we can team.
I miss the old maps like: Solo Skywars: Biomes, Angelic, Galaxy, Gravity, Mines, Ice etc
And the old lobbies. If Cubecraft brings that back, There will be more players on the server i think.
I think there are also fewer players because the Dutch youtubers have stopped playing Cubecraft, if the youtubers come online again, there will be at least 1000 people.

AND DONT FORGET THE ARCADE LOBBY XDD
There was always one game called Hide and seek that never works xD.
Miss that old time.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
This has been suggested numerous times. Really, there is no need for them to add everything back. Cube wanted to focus on actual game maps and important development instead of the lobbies and the old games that had a countless amount of bugs in them. I don't have anything to add to this because you can read everything about it here.

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I sometimes miss the maps and lobbies too but there is no need of adding it back. I think that if they add it again it isn't going to turn out as you expected, we can't go back even if it gets added back. it won't be the same way as in the past. I think CubeCraft is good as it is now.

Alxssa

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
I sometimes miss the maps and lobbies too but there is no need of adding it back. I think that if they add it again it isn't going to turn out as you expected, we can't go back even if it gets added back. it won't be the same way as in the past. I think CubeCraft is good as it is now.
So u think all the lagg etc is good, ok

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
So u think all the lagg etc is good, ok
That has nothing to do with lag. It actually does the opposite. Adding a ton of extra lobbies and games would require a lot more server resources, which would most likely lead to more lag. Nevermind Gingergeek proved this is not really true

Last edited:

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
I miss the old maps too, but I think they should focus on the future instead of the past.

That time was there, the old players who have stopped due to the new update will not come back. The community is great now and I don't see what should be changed about it.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
That has nothing to do with lag. It actually does the opposite. Adding a ton of extra lobbies and games would require a lot more server resources, which would most likely lead to more lag.

I don't quite think that's true. Adding more lobbies if anything would decrease the lag as more players are spread out across more servers.
Yes, it'd cost more to keep all those servers running, but it would have no negative effect on the lag.

Reactions: DrHam

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
That has nothing to do with lag. It actually does the opposite. Adding a ton of extra lobbies and games would require a lot more server resources, which would most likely lead to more lag.
No... lobbies aren't worlds, they are different servers. The proxy (aka BungeeCord server) will be under the same stress as currently, as players won't increase. If any, it'll have a positive effect reducing lag on the main lobby.

1*tcJkLjpPsvT1q-s2volwig.png

Infinitely bigger on CubeCraft, more proxies and way more servers.
I've stolen this image from a medium article

Reactions: Nikoshka

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
No... lobbies aren't worlds, they are different servers. The proxy (aka BungeeCord server) will be under the same stress as currently, as players won't increase. If any, it'll have a positive effect reducing lag on the main lobby.

1*tcJkLjpPsvT1q-s2volwig.png

Infinitely bigger on CubeCraft, more proxies and way more servers.
I've stolen this image from a medium article
Still, it's more lobbies the mods need to oversee, and cube has to maintain, and unlike the main lobby, they are not changed every season, only very rarely, which makes it kind of old and boring very fast.
Aside from that, it doesn't incentivize contact with players from games you never play, essentially splitting up the community into pockets for each game, since you never see players from other games.
Even if it doesn't tax the actual server any more, it's still a harder setup to maintain than what is in place right now, and in my opinion gives less of a sense of community outside of the games you normally play.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Still, it's more lobbies the mods need to oversee, and cube has to maintain, and unlike the main lobby, they are not changed every season, only very rarely, which makes it kind of old and boring very fast.
Aside from that, it doesn't incentivize contact with players from games you never play, essentially splitting up the community into pockets for each game, since you never see players from other games.
Even if it doesn't tax the actual server any more, it's still a harder setup to maintain than what is in place right now, and in my opinion gives less of a sense of community outside of the games you normally play.
Why do you quote me? I never said I’m in favour of bringing game lobbies back, indeed I’m kinda against. I just said that your reasoning was wrong

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
I personally have such great memories of the Survival Games lobbies. We would always hang out with friends in them and then just join the games and play together for hours. All the way back in 2015, when Cube was still only 1.8 PvP based, we would literally go into a game and stay in that one game for 2 hours, just talking and chilling. I miss those times.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Why do you quote me? I never said I’m in favour of bringing game lobbies back, indeed I’m kinda against. I just said that your reasoning was wrong
I quoted as a way to adress i was wrong in that specific argument, my bad i didn't make that explicit in my response, just said that "it doesn't tax the actual server any more"

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
Even though I really miss the old days and the old lobbies, it’s way more practical to have one single lobby so builders can dedicate their time to build more maps and stuff instead of working on new lobbies. Also, it’s hard to bring the old community back because they probably don’t play minecraft anymore due to the lost of interest and the game lost “its magic” to them.

Reactions: Dudu

Socratias

Dedicated Member
Dec 25, 2016
www.youtube.com
Hey,
The real OGs know the old lobbies, the old maps etc. I often see on the Cubecraft Forum that people want the lobbies back.
In the old days, when everything was still there, everyone always said:
Come to the fountain if you are Dutch, etc.

I want to go back that time, it was such a nice time, or you had to click on a board to join a game and say to your friends: Quickly join that! Then we sit side by side and we can team.
I miss the old maps like: Solo Skywars: Biomes, Angelic, Galaxy, Gravity, Mines, Ice etc
And the old lobbies. If Cubecraft brings that back, There will be more players on the server i think.
People who suggest this type of stuff are stuck in the past. I get it man, the old days were glorious. But you gotta move on man. You can't stay there, it's time you create glorious moments right now instead. Focus on the present and future rather than your past days. Everyone moves on eventually man, it's time you do the same. The old lobbies are gone, Arcade is gone, accept it.

I think there are also fewer players because the Dutch youtubers have stopped playing Cubecraft, if the youtubers come online again, there will be at least 1000 people.
I don't think the owners can force their partners to upload on their servers. I know about the Dutch youtubers you are talking about and truth be told most of them have moved on from Minecraft.

Reactions: Ibraaahim and Dudu

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
This has been suggested numerous times. Really, there is no need for them to add everything back. Cube wanted to focus on actual game maps and important development instead of the lobbies and the old games that had a countless amount of bugs in them. I don't have anything to add to this because you can read everything about it here.
I agree with this suggestion. Would love to see the lobbies back, i dont understand why they removed them.. Cubecraft is so basic now with those NPCs.
Signs was that time so basic, but now.. U closely see only NPCs these times. No matter where you play.

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree with this suggestion. Would love to see the lobbies back, i dont understand why they removed them.. Cubecraft is so basic now with those NPCs.
Signs was that time so basic, but now.. U closely see only NPCs these times. No matter where you play.
No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

Reactions: Dudu and Hoshi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom