Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
1df90cae4074681a153a3f584758267a.png

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Why would you want a ting in your ear for every message you were sent? Even if you could toggle it, it's pointless and annoying.
As you said yourself, you can toggle it
It's quite handy if you're for example checking Facebook, Youtube or the forums, and you don't have your eye on Minecraft

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Even if you could toggle it, it's pointless and annoying.
Actually, if you toggle it off, it's not really annoying since it wouldn't exist for you. Pointless is not really the right word I'd use, since it's actually pretty useful. I use a macromod script to play a sound to me every time someone /msg or /fmsg's me, and it's really convenient since I'm tabbed out half of the time. Without it, I'd probably look over most of my pm's without ever knowing someone messaged me.

Reactions: Shamel and Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Sure then. I don't really mind. I'm not going to use it myself though.
I'm sure many others will, as a lot of people have the feature enabled :p

Actually, if you toggle it off, it's not really annoying since it wouldn't exist for you. Pointless is not really the right word I'd use, since it's actually pretty useful. I use a macromod script to play a sound to me every time someone /msg or /fmsg's me, and it's really convenient since I'm tabbed out half of the time. Without it, I'd probably look over most of my pm's without ever knowing someone messaged me.
^

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
I changed the post ages ago. I've already said that I agree though.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Can u share that script? I'm a macromod user myself and I tried to do the /fmsg ping message thing ,but didn't succeed.

I like the idea of this being a normal thing tho

Reactions: Priley

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Can u share that script? I'm a macromod user myself and I tried to do the /fmsg ping message thing ,but didn't succeed.

I like the idea of this being a normal thing tho

Make a text file with the following lines, and make it run through the OnChat section in the events tab of the GUI.
upload_2018-4-1_12-7-31.png
STRIP(&chat, %CHAT%)
ifcontains(%&chat%," -> Me: ")
volume(0)
volume(100)
playsound(custom.NaviListen)
endif

Imagine you called the text file with the script "chat". What you put into the OnChat section would have to be $${ $$<chat.txt> }$$

The playsound has to be changed depending on what sounds you have in your macro mod sounds folder.
The directory for the sounds folder is: .minecraft -> liteconfig -> common -> macros -> sounds
If you don't see a sounds folder, make one. Make sure that the sounds you put in there are .ogg files, because it won't work otherwise.
Make sure you always put custom.(soundname) in the script, just like I put custom.NaviListen. Also make sure to capitalize letters in the sound name if there's capitalization in the sounds folder.

I'm currenlty using the 1.11.2 version of the macromod too, by the way.
(also, with that script, you also get notification sounds for normal pm's too)

Reactions: SanCookie
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
Kloska wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen! :)
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom