Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nice addition?

• Total voters

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
HeyHey! I know that I´ve suggested this before already but I felt like I had to give it 1 last try since it got quite some support from the community, so here we go :>

As lots of you might know there are daily challenges on cubecraft, you can see them and their rewards when you type /challenges in your ingame chat. I've done some research and I found a thread made in 2019 about kind of the same subject so I decided to make a new one.

/challenges :

Screenshot_502.png

you will get this screen where you can see the Easy-Medium-Hard daily challenges.

Challenges :

Screenshot_503.png

if you hover your cursor over one of the challenge difficulties you'll see what the challenges are that you have to complete in order to receive the rewards

My suggestion is basically to add a feature that gives you a notification in your ingame chat when you complete 1 of the challenges, this could look like this :

Screenshot_505.png

It could be a handy future, it's not a huge change but to keep typing in /challenge to look if you completed a challenge starts to kinda annoy me.

I've seen someone who told me that she does not want her chat to be flooded. That is understandable, I don't want that either.

Maybe they can add something that when you click on 1 of the challenges, for example : "win 15 minigames in minerware" you will be sent to a screen that tells you : "Do you want to receive a (progression) notification(s) for this challenge?" You can choose red wool = no or green wool = yes.
Basically the same system as when you want to buy a parkour map. The challenge will be pinned in your chat so you can still see the progression without getting 3 seperate messages which is flooding.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
It would be a cool addition, to be honest. But, I don't think it's necessary to have a notification. I prefer to do /challenge to see it rather than getting a notification.
Nice suggestion :)

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I really like this suggestion, that’s why I voted yes!

Maybe they can add something that when you click on 1 of the challenges, for example : "win 15 minigames in minerware" you will be sent to a screen that tells you : "Do you want to receive a (progression) notification(s) for this challenge?" You can choose red wool = no or green wool = yes.
Basically the same system as when you want to buy a parkour map. The challenge will be pinned in your chat so you can still see the progression without getting 3 seperate messages which is flooding.
I totally agree with the feature of adding the question if you want to receive a progression notification, but I prefer having this as a setting. You can choose the option you want and can change it whenever you want, but you don’t have to choose everyday again. That means if you choose to receive progression notifications, you will receive them always until you change your setting.

Reactions: Lozora

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I think you shouldn’t make it so that you have to say by every challenge whether or not you want notifications. It’s better to make it a general setting I guess

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
You voted yes without explaining? You don’t see me tagging everyone though.
If you really want your answer, I voted “no” since I didn’t want to vote “yes”
I think its pretty rude to vote no without explaining on a post that everyone else voted yes on and there is no reason to vote no if you dont want it just dont push enable notifications for it

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I think its pretty rude to vote no without explaining on a post that everyone else voted yes on and there is no reason to vote no if you dont want it just dont push enable notifications for it
The poll is their to give your opinions in a quick way so you don’t have to make a post. And for other to see the general likings of the community concerning the post. If he isn’t voting but did read it. We didn’t get all votes we could get, which isn’t what we want. We want everyone, or at least as many as possible, opinions on things!

Before someone asked why I voted no, I honestly think it would be quite annoying to have notifications for it. And yes you can turn it off. But you can also just check it if you want to do them. I feel like more players are simply going to turn it off then actually use it. Since the command /challenges existed, I don’t see the need for this :)

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I think you shouldn’t make it so that you have to say by every challenge whether or not you want notifications. It’s better to make it a general setting I guess
And what do you mean with ''a general setting'' exactly? Maybe it's a nice addition to my thread :)

Before someone asked why I voted no, I honestly think it would be quite annoying to have notifications for it. And yes you can turn it off. But you can also just check it if you want to do them. I feel like more players are simply going to turn it off then actually use it. Since the command /challenges existed, I don’t see the need for this :)
Thanks for explaining why you voted no :> But I think you kinda missed the purpose of my idea. The purpose of my idea is to improve the daily challenges, yes you have the /challenges command but wouldn't it be nice if you don't have to check /challenges 5 times to check the progress of your current challenge. It is also not meant to be a setting (yet), my suggestion is that you can click on a challenge and then select whether you want to receive notifications for that single challenge and of course people might not want to use it but that doesn't mean that it is a bad idea for people who actually want to use it :>

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
And what do you mean with ''a general setting'' exactly? Maybe it's a nice addition to my thread :)
I meant the settings you can access in the lobby just by going to your Profile -> Settings :D

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
This addition would be so helpful, I constantly have to do '/challenges' to know what I have completed. I always seem to forget and need to refer back to the Challenges, just in case I misread. Overall, I hope this gets implemented.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i personally dont see any downside of this idea, so im voting yes! no, i dont care too much about the daily challenges, but the idea of getting a message when finishing one could be nice, and sometimes even funny. just imagine: you are playing tower defence and you win, and it suddenly says you did a challenge! i would be surprised as i never check them out :P

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Might be a little bit of an overlooked addition, but seems like it is very well written, and well thought out. I know this isn't everything that goes into implementing a suggestion, but I could see this being implemented into the server quite well!

Personally, I think it fits with the feel of CubeCraft! A little surprised this isn't already included! Hope this gets implemented soon, and as always, good luck!

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I'd love that! :D
I spend a lot of my time on cubecraft doing the challenges and this would be such a lovely addition :).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom