• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
The thread used to be about removing the hunger bar, but that would cause regeneration problems. To fix this the subject is now making it so you never lose hunger bars. I know this is pretty game changing but I would like to have it implemented. Sometimes when your either being chased or chasing you will lose hunger all the way down to 3 bars so you cant sprint. Eating isn't the best solution because it gives your pursuer lots of time to catch up, or it lets your enemy get away. If we made it so you never lose hunger, it would no longer be a problem. Of course this means food would also no longer be in the shop. And please dont say this is a server copy, it doesn't matter. No one will care if we remove the hunger bar because its such a small update.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I never specified that this is for eggwars only. FFA and other games are not included. And I forgot to take 1.9 into consideration :oops:, so this thread is only for 1.8 now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToastO_O

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
No. All the food in the Eggwars shop will be unnecessary then and you can always sprint without having to eat.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
If we get rid of the hunger bar, then needing to eat to regenerate becomes unnecessary. Thy provide us with food and the means to eat it. Sure it means you have to stop running to eat at times, but that is not that bad. I really do not like the idea of removing the hunger bar, sorry.

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

They should just use the 1.11 hunger system. All previous versions' hunger is so broken . You should not have to eat unless you've run really far or have taken damage. Im somewhat on your side , the suggestion is to the extreme

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Buy food
Why would they remove it
That is one of the few things that will help players catch other players which are just running away
So I think it should stay
Also that would make gapples the only way to heal yourself

Reactions: ToastO_O

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
I know this is pretty game changing but I would like to have it implemented, remove the hunger bar. Sometimes when your either being chased or chasing you will lose hunger all the way down to 3 bars so you cant sprint. Eating isn't the best solution because it gives your pursuer lots of time to catch up, or it lets your enemy get away. If we removed the hunger bar it would no longer be a problem. And please dont say this is a server copy, it doesnt matter. No one will care if we remove the hunger bar its such a small update.
I Agree I am Lazy Too Hunger Bar Has Been A Problem For Me. While Running From Anybody Due To Low Health

Edit: But Wait I Didn't Notice That Means Only Gapples Will Heal Urself As @jollow250 said.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The janitor levels would be over 9000 xD, i would be ok with a voting option? However I don't really like the idea it could be fun every now and then

Reactions: Power Ranger

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Oh yeah I also forgot to mention that breaking obsidian would be impossible, if in iron armor someone that punched you something like 45 times would kill you without regen, one apple would be worth 9 punches ish

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I forgot to take 1.9 into consideration, the hunger bar should probably stay the way it is in 1.9 as its more essential than it is in 1.8. And I guess even in 1.8 regeneration does rely on food a bit, so maybe instead of removing the hunger bar you could always have it full. A constantly full hunger bar would mean that you wouldn't lose your sprint, and you can regenerate all at the same time. So you don't have to stop in the middle of a chase to eat and regain your ability to sprint. Is this a better idea than just removing the hunger bar completely?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I forgot to take 1.9 into consideration, the hunger bar should probably stay the way it is in 1.9 as its more essential than it is in 1.8. And I guess even in 1.8 regeneration does rely on food a bit, so maybe instead of removing the hunger bar you could always have it full. A constantly full hunger bar would mean that you wouldn't lose your sprint, and you can regenerate all at the same time. So you don't have to stop in the middle of a chase to eat and regain your ability to sprint. Is this a better idea than just removing the hunger bar completely?
Sorry if this blows your mind but health regeneration in 1.9+ is based off of saturation, full hunger bar is fine and all but in is impossible to get more saturation because you can't eat, excluding gapples. And if you have people full saaturation at all times, it would be next to impossible to kill anyone.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Sorry if this blows your mind but health regeneration in 1.9+ is based off of saturation, full hunger bar is fine and all but in is impossible to get more saturation because you can't eat, excluding gapples. And if you have people full saaturation at all times, it would be next to impossible to kill anyone.
The thread is no longer about 1.9+, only 1.8 where having people at full hunger or saturation doesn't make them immortal.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
No, Just No, If We Removed The Hunger Bar, Then We Can't Eat Golden Apples, (As Well As Other Food)
With That Being Just Said, I Don't Agree On This Thread!
Thanks!
FactionsAustin!
(No, Im Not Asking For A Lock So Save Your Replies)

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I do not beleive that the hunger bar should be removed! As @FactionsAustin said, We couldn't eat golden apples! And I love golden apples! For me it's a no sorry
No, Just No, If We Removed The Hunger Bar, Then We Can't Eat Golden Apples, (As Well As Other Food)
With That Being Just Said, I Don't Agree On This Thread!
Thanks!
FactionsAustin!
(No, Im Not Asking For A Lock So Save Your Replies)
What, of course you can eat golden apples if you have a full hunger bar. Try it. And Im moving the thread from removing the hunger bar to just making it so it doesnt go down.

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
What, of course you can eat golden apples if you have a full hunger bar. Try it. And Im moving the thread from removing the hunger bar to just making it so it doesnt go down.
The hunger bar not going down has the same result as removing it. Both of them make regeneration and sprinting permanent. I still do not agree with this idea at all, sorry.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
The hunger bar not going down has the same result as removing it. Both of them make regeneration and sprinting permanent. I still do not agree with this idea at all, sorry.
I actually made this thread for the main purpose of having sprint permanent. And in 1.8 having a full hunger bar hardly impacts regeneration, you cant even regenerate when your in combat. If your out of combat its about 1 1/2 hearts every 9 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy birthday Shamel! 🎈
Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair: