Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
You guys are not getting the point. All of you are focusing on is the fact that getting this rank is easier than simply becoming a helper. My point is not to have it bypass all that just to get perms. It was just an idea to get more people accepted and be motivated to have the rank. If they want to have the same requirements as helper then do so. I’m just trying to pitch ideas to help with these hackers.
If it has the same requirements as Helper then it wouldnt get more people accepted, also they just made getting Helper easier last month to get more people in, so doing this again seems a bit pointless.

Right now, the best thing we can do to deal with hackers is await an anti-cheat developer being hired & also keep hiring new Helpers but we are doing both of these, introducing these complicated alternate systems is just more work for Admins & Mods with high risk, little reward.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
If it has the same requirements as Helper then it wouldnt get more people accepted, also they just made getting Helper easier last month to get more people in, so doing this again seems a bit pointless.

Right now, the best thing we can do to deal with hackers is await an anti-cheat developer being hired & also keep hiring new Helpers but we are doing both of these, introducing these complicated alternate systems is just more work for Admins & Mods with high risk, little reward.
Aight fine. Forget everything I said. Then what about “Another idea is to have a program within Minecraft that sends these moderators a message that helps them catch hackers by saying things like, "(PLAYER) has clicked over 20 cps in (GAME) (LOBBY)". Then they could teleport as a spectator to that lobby and evaluate the player that is potentially cheating and ban them if they are.”. This would be much easier for mods to find hacker in game by getting notifications that someone could possibly be using illegal modifications.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Okey about your idea.

You basically want a role that has more permissions than Helpers but they wouldn't go through a training process? First of all, this would make the Helper role useless since you can get perms to ban/mute by just answering questions in an interview, where you could easily lie about certain things. There is a reason why we train these helpers, so we can know for sure that they know how to handle different situations. Also like @Story said the requirements are lower now, to give everyone the chance to apply for the role.

Imagine that we would make this role and "hire" 10 people for it and that 6 of them have good intentions and that 4 would abuse it or only do it for the "rank". That would even be worse.

About us mods, we do have quite a few responsibilities and tasks we have to do. But I can assure you that we do as much as we can to make your time here more enjoyable.

I hope you understand that we take these rule breakers serious and that we try to keep them out of your game.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi, firstly I want to thank you for your suggestion, @RelatedNoobs ! Suggestions help us a lot at CubeCraft and we wouldn't be where we are without them. :D

The reason why I took this out of the deleted thread grave is because of a couple of reasons:

- Seeing all of this intelligent discussion is really refreshing to see, and it is really pleasing to see lots of people getting involved. I encourage people to make more threads that aren't the more typical ones like "pls add kit" or "pls add game"; your opinions about how we run CubeCraft and what we can do to make it better is exactly why the forums are so useful for us!
- With a suggestion, there is inevitably going to be people who disagree with you - it is important not to take this to heart, and not to feel discouraged by it. The people who have written paragraphs upon paragraphs (@Eli >_> ) about why they may disagree with your suggestion aren't doing it with malicious intent, but rather they care about the server as much as you do.

Again, thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to keep this thread locked, but I'm simply making it visible.
Here's a corgi riding a skateboard.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Eli wrote on FxVoidz's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom