Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
The following suggestion can and very well may apply to both the Bedrock and Java networks, however I will mainly be directing this towards the bedrock network for 4 main reasons.

1. The cubecraft staff have openly admitted that there is currently no active developer working on the server anti-cheat, and the consequences of this are unequivocal, not only to dedicated players but to casual ones as well. I'm undoubtedly sure that the majority of staff understand that the hacker problem merely exists, but from the looks of it, it would seem as if the issue is not severe enough to be a top priority of the network, given the output of new features and gamemodes in recent weeks.

2. The bedrock network currently lacks attention and staff support to facilitate the process of moderation. We currently have no in-game reporting features and a severe shortage of staff dedicated to BE server management (although, this attribute seems to have affirmed itself to the network as a whole. I suspect that bedrock was not given the same tools and capabilities as the JE network due to the younger player base, and their subsequent susceptibility to misuse the feature. Of course, the same principle of purchasing a rank to use the feature can be applied to the BE network. A young and naive child would theoretically have the same purchasing power on BE and JE.

3. The hacker problem is so bad, that if I were to spend my time manually reporting each hacker that I have come across, I may very well spend just as much time REPORTING as I would PLAYING on the network. I say this primarily to address those (notably java players who browse the forums) simply telling me to report the player myself if I want to see something done about it. While this is true, I cannot help but think that those who contest and pose this “solution” to the problem do not fully understand the severity and volume of the issue or the implications that come with reporting each and every player.
  4. A friend of mine, (who some staff may be familiar with) DubbyPlays, introduced to my friends and me a hypothetical scenario from the POV of a bedrock edition hacker, which follows. Let’s say an individual had an interest in hacking on bedrock edition. Fortunately for this person, it's nearly as easy to do when compared to using a hacked client on java edition, only it's a million times easier to get away with on bedrock, particularly Cubecraft. In the rare instance that I was caught and reported on cubecraft, all I would have to do is either: a) wait for my ban to expire and continue hacking (which is a standard punishment procedure for any game or server, realistically), or b) create an entirely new Microsoft account (to which I should emphasize costs no money to create and very little time to forge), using the exact same client software that I already have downloaded and functional on my PC. Let it be implicit that, at the very least, minecraft java accounts cost money, even through usage of 3rd party alt distribution websites. It is safe to say that *most* hackers are not willing to spend money to continue hacking. Inadvertently, the java edition hacking problem may very well solve itself in the sense that repeat offenders would eventually diminish.
Furthermore, one of the most annoying things I have witnessed on Minecraft servers is the unfortunate overabundance of cheaters. It’s a safe and reasonable assertion to make that my feelings about this are not held exclusively by myself. And thus, for the former reason, this is why mods handle reports through the forums and, in Java you have a mildly functional Sentinel and /report command (as I mentioned in reason 2 of the 2nd paragraph). Bedrock is supposedly getting an anti-cheat that has been branded as new, but this seems to be taking a lot longer than many familiar with this news would have anticipated (I know Rubik and staff are doing their best <3). Some of my friends and I have been trying to apply for staff to actually help with the hacker situation but have been denied for reasons along the lines of not being a proper "role model", presumably due to the possibility that the staff wants to maintain a certain image of the administration. And don't get me wrong, I totally understand this, and it is something I am trying to improve on. But helpers and mods aren't just focused on hackers, they are focused on the *community*. With this central focus in mind, I would imagine an additional staple of their status is to also be role models on top of “helping”. Given this preface, I would like to suggest that the staff make distinctions between helpers, and a new role, one that has the main focus of solely handling cheaters. I strongly believe that if this role was created *separate* from helpers and other staff roles (which happen to be those who represent the heads and admin of the network/are in the public eye), the staff would have to look at reputation and behavior as much lesser criteria, as this would not be an assumed trait that one who applies for this new role would need to possess (stated above). An intended yet positive consequence of this addition would mean that the qualifications for successful admission would be lower. This wouldn’t be an issue in theory by virtue of the nature of their new role, which is to simply ban hackers and administer punishments-- nothing more, nothing that would require any experience or extra boxes checked to meet other criteria. An additional flaw with the current Bedrock reporting system is that a player is only able to record and later report on the forums, which is moderately effective for those who it convenciences, or more simply put, those who merely have the ability to do so. There are several flaws with this system. Only those with readily available recording software would even have the ability to record and report. It is exponentially more difficult and requires more steps for a console player to transfer game captures to youtube. The trend is that mobile players might have storage or performance issues when recording. Uploading to youtube would mean that they also have the youtube app, etc. Not many people are engaged in reporting this way. PC players are arguably on the only platform that makes reporting reasonably easy to execute. Given bedrock edition control demographics, PC players are in the minority. I am NOT suggesting (at least, in this particular thread) that reporting manually with video evidence should be made easier, although that might be a suggestion for another time. It is a segway into my proposal, some of which I spelled out already.

Heres my idea:

These players basically have moderator permissions including kicking and banning, they spectate games to make sure things are running smoothly and there are no cheaters. Another idea is to have a program within Minecraft that sends these moderators a message that helps them catch hackers by saying things like, "(PLAYER) has clicked over 20 cps in (GAME) (LOBBY)". Then they could teleport as a spectator to that lobby and evaluate the player that is potentially cheating and ban them if they are.

Of course, you wouldn't simply ask a staff member for this permission and go on your way, as some people may abuse it. It will go through a normal application and an interview to make sure the player isn't edgy and just wants these perms for personal benefit. The application should mainly try to see if the player applying 1. Knows how to detect illegal modifications, 2. Won't just use it for personal benefit, and 3. Doesn't have bad intentions with it.

I just want to mention that I understand the staff team has lots on their plates and probably doesn't have time to go through more applications and interviews, but I am trying my absolute best to come up with an idea in the meantime for exploiters since there is no anti-cheat dev. If anything, this staff group could be temporary until an anti-cheat dev is hired or Rubik and his team get an anti-cheat going. Please think about this carefully, I want this to be a serious post and not as if I was daydreaming to come up with this idea.

This suggestion was inspired by: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-dedicated-anti-exploit-team-ingame.230340/

Last edited:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Im not sure if mods and helpers can spectate, but a large part of there job is to do exactly what you described. sure they need to do other things aswell, but adding a new role would mainly just overlap a lot of mod and helper responsibilities. And also, cube is trying to recruit a lot more mods and helpers this year, so adding a new role isn't exactly necessary imo, I get where you are coming from, and I understand what you mean, but cube is already doing the best they can by adding more helpers. I don't see this happening because of how much power this new role is given. Some people can fake intentions on applications, I learned this from experience, and then the administration would need to work to undo the damage done. So I believe that this is too much power and not really any new responsibilities. for these reasons I don't believe there should be a new staff role like this added so sorry, but its a -1 from me

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
Very well written dude, +1, you will make a great helper one day, keep trying, they will accept you soon bro :)

However, I would like to suggest you specify that you would like a separate java and bedrock staff role which is what I think you are trying to get at with this but isn't made overly clear. They definitely need more bedrock staff as opposed to java

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The cubecraft staff have openly admitted that there is currently no active developer working on the server anti-cheat, and the consequences of this are unequivocal, not only to dedicated players but to casual ones as well. I'm undoubtedly sure that the majority of staff understand that the hacker problem merely exists, but from the looks of it, it would seem as if the issue is not severe enough to be a top priority of the network, given the output of new features and gamemodes in recent weeks.
You mean the most recent news post? In which an Engine Team was established to further develop the anticheat? It's somewhat difficult to continue developping if there's no devs for it, but that should change soon. Also your phrasing is rather confusing, are you saying that the Staff does or does not know about the hacker problem? It'd be a really blunt assumption to think that they're not aware, since it's been brought up multiple times on the forums and discord. I'm gonna go ahead and borrow a reply of mine to a different thread, because I see where you're coming from, and the Staff Team should invest a little bit more effort especially since the player increase.

I do agree that perhaps they could concentrate more of their efforts more into dealing with the situation. Since the playercount has risen so much it's only logical that their presence and coverture rises as well. But you cannot expect them to be forced to do anything, after all they're volunteers. But I do feel like even if they're volunteers, they have some responsibilities, and the staff team should be in the position of demanding greater in-game activity to a reasonable extent.

But yeah it's no secret Sentinel has no dev, but that'll be solved soon, with the establishment of the Engine Team.

Sentinel, our anti-cheat, currently doesn't have a dedicated developer. This isn't a situation we want to be in but we're taking this opportunity to restructure where Sentinel sits. Previously Sentinel has sat on top of our server engine analysing player behaviours and acting off that. Going forwards we are wanting to bake Sentinel in to become part of our core server software. This will remove some of the performance bottlenecks we have and allow us to develop new & unique strategies going forward. In the immediate future, we're borrowing dev resources from other projects to try and maintain and improve our current iteration of Sentinel.

The bedrock network currently lacks attention and staff support to facilitate the process of moderation. We currently have no in-game reporting features and a severe shortage of staff dedicated to BE server management (although, this attribute seems to have affirmed itself to the network as a whole. I suspect that bedrock was not given the same tools and capabilities as the JE network due to the younger player base, and their subsequent susceptibility to misuse the feature. Of course, the same principle of purchasing a rank to use the feature can be applied to the BE network. A young and naive child would theoretically have the same purchasing power on BE and JE.

I agree, Bedrock indeed needs more active staff. But there's an issue with this, I would dare assume that Bedrock doesn't get as much good applicants as Java since, it's been stated in the past, Bedrock Players are more "casual" and play shorter amounts of time a day, hence there should be less people willing to become voluntary staff. I highly doubt Bedrock doesn't have in-game reporting because there's younger players, that's just a really big assumption. Regardless we did just get a new Helper who plays primarily on Bedrock, and I'm sure we'll see more in the future. And eventually Bedrock should be well represented within the Staff Team.

Currently it's completely non-viable to allow in-game reporting for Bedrock, there just isn't enough staff to be able to keep up with its demand.

The hacker problem is so bad, that if I were to spend my time manually reporting each hacker that I have come across, I may very well spend just as much time REPORTING as I would PLAYING on the network. I say this primarily to address those (notably java players who browse the forums) simply telling me to report the player myself if I want to see something done about it. While this is true, I cannot help but think that those who contest and pose this “solution” to the problem do not fully understand the severity and volume of the issue or the implications that come with reporting each and every player.
I completely agree with this point though, it's absurd to blame the players for not reporting hackers. I made a thread about this not so long ago, and it got a really sincere and complete answer directly from Management. So I'd advise you to take a look. It's great that you're bringing this up once again, because we as players have the right to demand for improvement and progress. And the progress is coming, again, with the Engine Team.

A friend of mine, (who some staff may be familiar with) DubbyPlays, introduced to my friends and me a hypothetical scenario from the POV of a bedrock edition hacker, which follows. Let’s say an individual had an interest in hacking on bedrock edition. Fortunately for this person, it's nearly as easy to do when compared to using a hacked client on java edition, only it's a million times easier to get away with on bedrock, particularly Cubecraft. In the rare instance that I was caught and reported on cubecraft, all I would have to do is either: a) wait for my ban to expire and continue hacking (which is a standard punishment procedure for any game or server, realistically), or b) create an entirely new Microsoft account (to which I should emphasize costs no money to create and very little time to forge), using the exact same client software that I already have downloaded and functional on my PC. Let it be implicit that, at the very least, minecraft java accounts cost money, even through usage of 3rd party alt distribution websites. It is safe to say that *most* hackers are not willing to spend money to continue hacking. Inadvertently, the java edition hacking problem may very well solve itself in the sense that repeat offenders would eventually diminish.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. It's not entirely true that Java has got it easier to get rid of hackers, hackers still use VPNs to avoid IP bans and never stop cheating on the server.

Some of my friends and I have been trying to apply for staff to actually help with the hacker situation but have been denied for reasons along the lines of not being a proper "role model", presumably due to the possibility that the staff wants to maintain a certain image of the administration. And don't get me wrong, I totally understand this, and it is something I am trying to improve on. But helpers and mods aren't just focused on hackers, they are focused on the *community*. With this central focus in mind, I would imagine an additional staple of their status is to also be role models on top of “helping”. Given this preface, I would like to suggest that the staff make distinctions between helpers, and a new role, one that has the main focus of solely handling cheaters. I strongly believe that if this role was created *separate* from helpers and other staff roles (which happen to be those who represent the heads and admin of the network/are in the public eye), the staff would have to look at reputation and behavior as much lesser criteria, as this would not be an assumed trait that one who applies for this new role would need to possess (stated above). An intended yet positive consequence of this addition would mean that the qualifications for successful admission would be lower. This wouldn’t be an issue in theory by virtue of the nature of their new role, which is to simply ban hackers and administer punishments-- nothing more, nothing that would require any experience or extra boxes checked to meet other criteria.
I'm unsure about your proposal, the reason why Helpers have to fit within a certain "profile" as role models is because they need to be exemplary for the rest of the network. What would "community" staff dedicated people do? It really isn't much to do other than locking the occassional thread and answer questions in staff-help. I'd find it really unnecessary to create a distinction between these two. From what I perceive by watching staff members do their responsibilities, there's an evident priority of administrating punishments and moderation than community interaction. Which I think is a huge flaw, but that's a topic for later. Helpers have to abide by the "Helper Values" because they're the ones who represent the server, and it should be well-represented. Staff members need to be trustworthy, because they have access to a variety of commands and information that can only be given to the correct people, CubeCraft can't really risk their server and give banning and kicking permissions to anyone who's experienced with the identification of illegal modifications.

This seems like a rather drastic measure in an intent to get more staff, but there's already been a lot of progress in changing the Helper requirements so CubeCraft can reach a goal of 100 active staff members by the end of the year. I would much rather continue to see what they're currently doing. Your proposal might have the same effects in terms of staff growth, but what is currently going on will assure that the people that are being hired are actually the correct ones for the job, and that they're good people motivated by the correct reasons. And good embassadors of CubeCraft's administration in the community.

Of course, you wouldn't simply ask a staff member for this permission and go on your way, as some people may abuse it. It will go through a normal application and an interview to make sure the player isn't edgy and just wants these perms for personal benefit.

Here's where you're contradicting yourself, you want people who aren't edgy yet that means in a way you want good candidates. And that's what the current system does, it filters out a lot of people with the incorrect intentions or attributes, to accept and incorporate the most fitting ones into the staff team.

D

Deleted member 486292

Im not sure if mods and helpers can spectate, but a large part of there job is to do exactly what you described. sure they need to do other things aswell, but adding a new role would mainly just overlap a lot of mod and helper responsibilities. And also, cube is trying to recruit a lot more mods and helpers this year, so adding a new role isn't exactly necessary imo, I get where you are coming from, and I understand what you mean, but cube is already doing the best they can by adding more helpers. I don't see this happening because of how much power this new role is given. Some people can fake intentions on applications, I learned this from experience, and then the administration would need to work to undo the damage done. So I believe that this is too much power and not really any new responsibilities. for these reasons I don't believe there should be a new staff role like this added so sorry, but its a -1 from me
perhaps new parameters can be formed for those that would have this role. Spectating privileges can be granted but as far as in-game permissions, that's where it ends. People with this role would still be required to provide video evidence and forward it to a predesignated helper or mod. I would argue spectator permissions alone are not particularly dangerous if they were to fall into the hands of the wrong person, but this opinion is undoubtedly up for debate, as I am openly willing to admit. Additionally, related is not saying to just hand out the role to those who apply for simply staying they have an interest in punishing cheaters. The main difference in context of the application process is only to remove the "reputation/image" criteria, so to speak. Ideally, these individuals would be out of the public eye, which was implied. I should add that this can be an amendment to relatednoobs's suggestion, and I actually have come to realize that what you have pointed out may be problematic without my clarification. Hopefully my comment here can be considered an auxiliary to the original suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
perhaps new parameters can be formed for those that would have this role. Spectating privileges can be granted but as far as in-game permissions, that's where it ends. People with this role would still be required to provide video evidence and forward it to a predesignated helper or mod. I would argue spectator permissions alone are not particularly dangerous if they were to fall into the hands of the wrong person. I should add that this can be an amendment to relatednoobs's suggestion, and I actually have come to realize that what you have pointed out may be problematic. Hopefully my comment here can be considered an auxiliary to the original suggestion.
I agree, but why not just add these permissions to the helper and mod roles?

Reactions: SweetPotato__

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
You mean the most recent news post? In which an Engine Team was established to further develop the anticheat? It's somewhat difficult to continue developping if there's no devs for it, but that should change soon. Also your phrasing is rather confusing, are you saying that the Staff does or does not know about the hacker problem? It'd be a really blunt assumption to think that they're not aware, since it's been brought up multiple times on the forums and discord. I'm gonna go ahead and borrow a reply of mine to a different thread, because I see where you're coming from, and the Staff Team should invest a little bit more effort especially since the player increase.

But yeah it's no secret Sentinel has no dev, but that'll be solved soon, with the establishment of the Engine Team.

I agree, Bedrock indeed needs more active staff. But there's an issue with this, I would dare assume that Bedrock doesn't get as much good applicants as Java since, it's been stated in the past, Bedrock Players are more "casual" and play shorter amounts of time a day, hence there should be less people willing to become voluntary staff. I highly doubt Bedrock doesn't have in-game reporting because there's younger players, that's just a really big assumption. Regardless we did just get a new Helper who plays primarily on Bedrock, and I'm sure we'll see more in the future. And eventually Bedrock should be well represented within the Staff Team.

Currently it's completely non-viable to allow in-game reporting for Bedrock, there just isn't enough staff to be able to keep up with its demand.

I completely agree with this point though, it's absurd to blame the players for not reporting hackers. I made a thread about this not so long ago, and it got a really sincere and complete answer directly from Management. So I'd advise you to take a look. It's great that you're bringing this up once again, because we as players have the right to demand for improvement and progress. And the progress is coming, again, with the Engine Team.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. It's not entirely true that Java has got it easier to get rid of hackers, hackers still use VPNs to avoid IP bans and never stop cheating on the server.

I'm unsure about your proposal, the reason why Helpers have to fit within a certain "profile" as role models is because they need to be exemplary for the rest of the network. What would "community" staff dedicated people do? It really isn't much to do other than locking the occassional thread and answer questions in staff-help. I'd find it really unnecessary to create a distinction between these two. From what I perceive by watching staff members do their responsibilities, there's an evident priority of administrating punishments and moderation than community interaction. Which I think is a huge flaw, but that's a topic for later. Helpers have to abide by the "Helper Values" because they're the ones who represent the server, and it should be well-represented. Staff members need to be trustworthy, because they have access to a variety of commands and information that can only be given to the correct people, CubeCraft can't really risk their server and give banning and kicking permissions to anyone who's experienced with the identification of illegal modifications.

This seems like a rather drastic measure in an intent to get more staff, but there's already been a lot of progress in changing the Helper requirements so CubeCraft can reach a goal of 100 active staff members by the end of the year. I would much rather continue to see what they're currently doing. Your proposal might have the same effects in terms of staff growth, but what is currently going on will assure that the people that are being hired are actually the correct ones for the job, and that they're good people motivated by the correct reasons. And good embassadors of CubeCraft's administration in the community.

Here's where you're contradicting yourself, you want people who aren't edgy yet that means in a way you want good candidates. And that's what the current system does, it filters out a lot of people with the incorrect intentions or attributes, to accept and incorporate the most fitting ones into the staff team.
Very well written dude, +1, you will make a great helper one day, keep trying, they will accept you soon bro :)
:]]

D

Deleted member 486292

I agree, but why not just add these permissions to the helper and mod roles?
I basically answered your question already. I believe the process to become a helper is way too difficult as is, and I also believe this role should become separate to increase the likelihood of those who meet the lesser requirements of it. Mind you that lesser requirements do not necessarily constitute a higher risk for misuse of power, as there would be very little in-game power granted to begin with.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019

ou mean the most recent news post? In which an Engine Team was established to further develop the anticheat? It's somewhat difficult to continue developping if there's no devs for it, but that should change soon. Also your phrasing is rather confusing, are you saying that the Staff does or does not know about the hacker problem? It'd be a really blunt assumption to think that they're not aware, since it's been brought up multiple times on the forums and discord. I'm gonna go ahead and borrow a reply of mine to a different thread, because I see where you're coming from, and the Staff Team should invest a little bit more effort especially since the player increase.

I am definitely not saying the staff is unaware of the hacker issues, what I am saying is they are not mainly focused on it though. This suggestion was to get a separate team that ONLY specializes in hackers.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in there that I and some of my friends have tried to apply but have been denied because of not being "role model like". I'm guessing this would probably be an issue with anyone, but if we need more Bedrock staff and ASAP, I don't think because I simply gave an "L" to a hacker I killed should prevent me from trying to actually make the community a better place and to benefit Bedrock.

This isn't about changing the entire way helpers get accepted, it's to get a separate team of volunteers to help with the hacker problem. I completely agree with having to be a good role model and have helper qualities, but what about those who don't but still want to make a difference specifically in hacker situations?

Helpers are supposed to be role models and help the community any way needed. What I'm saying is if the new team only focuses on hackers, they shouldn't have to have perfect personalities if they have good intentions to help. This rank is to ONLY focus on hackers since the situation is so bad lately. I really hope the anti-cheat comes out soon because I am pretty sick of losing games constantly to players with illegal clients.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Well, I see your idea, it is good. But why make a separate role for those permissions? Let’s say Cubecraft somewhat added these roles in their servers now. Would you be willing to spend hours of your day just catching these hackers and there are like hundreds of them? It will get really stressful sooner or later. Might as well have an anti cheat at that point, but too bad one of the anti cheat devs left from what I’ve heard. I’m not fully agreeing or disagreeing with your suggestion. I’d rather see these permissions implemented with the current moderator or admin role so when people have time, they can check that game with a possible hacker. Also, how is the system going to check if a player is cheating? It’s basically similar to developing an anti cheat, only without any lag backs or auto kicking/banning. From that point, might as well make an anti cheat as well.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
All I am seeing with this is people voting against it. May I ask that you instead of trying and just say no, suggest things to add on or remove from it like what @Mecha_San did above? That would be a lot more helpful.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Well, I see your idea, it is good. But why make a separate role for those permissions? Let’s say Cubecraft somewhat added these roles in their servers now. Would you be willing to spend hours of your day just catching these hackers and there are like hundreds of them? It will get really stressful sooner or later. Might as well have an anti cheat at that point, but too bad one of the anti cheat devs left from what I’ve heard. I’m not fully agreeing or disagreeing with your suggestion. I’d rather see these permissions implemented with the current moderator or admin role so when people have time, they can check that game with a possible hacker. Also, how is the system going to check if a player is cheating? It’s basically similar to developing an anti cheat, only without any lag backs or auto kicking/banning. From that point, might as well make an anti cheat as well.
This is a great reply. Just having that program that I suggested would be great to help with hackers.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I'm pretty sure I mentioned in there that I and some of my friends have tried to apply but have been denied because of not being "role model like". I'm guessing this would probably be an issue with anyone, but if we need more Bedrock staff and ASAP, I don't think because I simply gave an "L" to a hacker I killed should prevent me from trying to actually make the community a better place and to benefit Bedrock.

It doesn't matter, if you are on this staff team then you have to be up to the standards that are set, we cant just make special ranks so people can bypass half the requirements and just do the stuff they want, that's more difficult than helpful.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
While you are talking about the detection system, it can be VERY easily triggered, that is the issue with anticheat, you cant just be wrong half of the time because then you are banning more innocent people than hackers. Thats why I believe that this detection system would be more effective AND easier to make than an anticheat.

Reactions: SweetPotato__
D

Deleted member 486292

It doesn't matter, if you are on this staff team then you have to be up to the standards that are set, we cant just make special ranks so people can bypass half the requirements and just do the stuff they want, that's more difficult than helpful.
what made you assume that people with this new role could "just do the stuff they want"?

D

Deleted member 59979

I was typing something very similar and Story beat me to it.

The reason that helper apps require this much consideration still is because they need to be trustworthy. If someone was able to bypass the entire system just because they can find hackers then I wouldn't trust them personally and I doubt the staff team would trust them with these permissions as well.
There's far too little difference between helper and this role you've suggested and honestly recruiting more helpers at the rate that they have been since the staff restructure is the way to go in my opinion, especially considering that you can apply for specifically for Bedrock staff only

Reactions: Story and ItzEnd3r

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
You guys are not getting the point. All of you are focusing on is the fact that getting this rank is easier than simply becoming a helper. My point is not to have it bypass all that just to get perms. It was just an idea to get more people accepted and be motivated to have the rank. If they want to have the same requirements as helper then do so. I’m just trying to pitch ideas to help with these hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom