Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

New maps for SG? or not

• No, We should keep the SG maps the same.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
To the people in this thread saying "be patient".
I think 7 months of waiting is being patient.... and that's also 7months of playin the same 5 maps if you only enjoy SG.
Also I'm pretty sure lucky islands had maps added a few weeks ago as well during the Cubecraft birthday update and the Christmas update. You can't compare a game that's had map updates twice in the past couple of months and a big update to a game that hasn't had any updates at all since the start of July.

... pls ;-;
7 months of: adding big a PvP update, a completely new game being blockband, another returning semi-game being freebuild, a semi-big skywars update, a big minerware update, the small but big birthday update, the big eggwars update, and the update that came today the big lucky islands update. Not to mention the Halloween update & the Christmas update. As well as the work in progress (almost finished) anti-cheat, and they new report system

So I think staff are doing their best to make updates including features and maps

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
You can build a map and submit it
Also, like @AnonymousVoter said, try building your own map with your friends. Add lots of details and make it CubeCraft-y(?)!
You could make a map yourself and submit it on the forums.
X9asRW7.jpg

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I would say:
Bring back the OLD MAPS!
I want Fairytail back and I want Dessert back I also want Candy back!

Reactions: Vickay

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
7 months of: adding big a PvP update, a completely new game being blockband, another returning semi-game being freebuild, a semi-big skywars update, a big minerware update, the small but big birthday update, the big eggwars update, and the update that came today the big lucky islands update. Not to mention the Halloween update & the Christmas update. As well as the work in progress (almost finished) anti-cheat, and they new report system

So I think staff are doing their best to make updates including features and maps
What I mean saying is:
Eggwars has had 1big update and about 4 map updates
Skywars 1 big update and about 4 map updates
Lucky islands 1 big update and 2/3 map updates

Sg has survived that whole time with nearly less maps than those games have been given for each update and there's still no sign of any maps for sg soon either. I mean there was a spoiler of a map that looked nearly done if not complete at the start of September. Where is it though?
Also the ability to submit maps for sg has been taken away for 'quality reasons'. Why are you still able to submit maps for eggwars and skywars? Shouldn't that be stopped as well for the same reason. I mean I know not a lot of maps get added from there anyway but it still would be nice.

I know you can list all of the updates that have happened in that amount of time but it still doesn't change the fact that sg has only had 5 maps for that whole time. (Not including the time when Jurassic was taken away for lag or something reasons so it had 4 at one point)

I have full respect for what the staff do on here but SG is what kept me on here. It's sad to see the community just move on because there isn't anything new. I mean take my games played stats for example:
I've played 1935 games
Now divide that by 5
I've played each map if you divide it evenly 387 times...
Try playing that many games over 4/5 maps. How would you then like it if you were then told to be patient :p baring in mind I personally can't play half the maps because I lag to badly in them.

It's funny you bring up the Christmas, halloween and birthday updates btw... all I can remember about them were lucky island, eggwars and skywars maps.

Edit: Sorry but it's the truth, i just needed to let of a little steam.

Reactions: Vickay

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
What I mean saying is:
Eggwars has had 1big update and about 4 map updates
Skywars 1 big update and about 4 map updates
Lucky islands 1 big update and 2/3 map updates

Sg has survived that whole time with nearly less maps than those games have been given for each update and there's still no sign of any maps for sg soon either. I mean there was a spoiler of a map that looked nearly done if not complete at the start of September. Where is it though?
Also the ability to submit maps for sg has been taken away for 'quality reasons'. Why are you still able to submit maps for eggwars and skywars? Shouldn't that be stopped as well for the same reason. I mean I know not a lot of maps get added from there anyway but it still would be nice.

I know you can list all of the updates that have happened in that amount of time but it still doesn't change the fact that sg has only had 5 maps for that whole time. (Not including the time when Jurassic was taken away for lag or something reasons so it had 4 at one point)

I have full respect for what the staff do on here but SG is what kept me on here. It's sad to see the community just move on because there isn't anything new. I mean take my games played stats for example:
I've played 1935 games
Now divide that by 5
I've played each map if you divide it evenly 387 times...
Try playing that many games over 4/5 maps. How would you then like it if you were then told to be patient :p baring in mind I personally can't play half the maps because I lag to badly in them.

It's funny you bring up the Christmas, halloween and birthday updates btw... all I can remember about them were lucky island, eggwars and skywars maps.

Edit: Sorry but it's the truth, i just needed to let of a little steam.
Okay first you are just putting words in my mouth what I was saying wasn't "be patient" what I said was that SG isn't the only thing that staff care about they need to update games at a steady rate
That isn't to say some games don't have less attention because they do but just compare this to arcade it's last update was way more than 7 months ago

I like SG no doubt about it but pushing people away
with the knock back 1 iron sword lol pun
without realising the true potential of what is actually going on

Shouldn't be the primary goal here

Also none of the updates I gave examples to were for SG even with maps that wasn't my point at all
My actual point was that developers and builders are actually doing things and not just playing parkour maps off of the internet

Also playing more of the same map may be annoying but then again
Think about this on @Efcluke94's thread for how to submit maps be as @POWER_RANGER said they won't accept SG maps
Add that to the fact that SG is the only game with the same maps for team and solo would you not think there may be a reason

Now I could go on a lot longer but I think this is enough for now

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Okay first you are just putting words in my mouth what I was saying wasn't "be patient" what I said was that SG isn't the only thing that staff care about they need to update games at a steady rate
That isn't to say some games don't have less attention because they do but just compare this to arcade it's last update was way more than 7 months ago

I like SG no doubt about it but pushing people away
with the knock back 1 iron sword lol pun
without realising the true potential of what is actually going on

Shouldn't be the primary goal here

Also none of the updates I gave examples to were for SG even with maps that wasn't my point at all
My actual point was that developers and builders are actually doing things and not just playing parkour maps off of the internet

Also playing more of the same map may be annoying but then again
Think about this on @Efcluke94's thread for how to submit maps be as @POWER_RANGER said they won't accept SG maps
Add that to the fact that SG is the only game with the same maps for team and solo would you not think there may be a reason

Now I could go on a lot longer but I think this is enough for now
honestly.... a lot of what you said has confused me.

i never put words into your mouth because i never said you were the one to say it, i was generalizing because if has been said in this thread also you being one to agree with them. You just didn't say it directly.

And honestly i know what is actually going on, i see the updates and yes it is the same for arcade which is a real shame. But this thread is about maps for SG and SG needing more maps. I could also write a whole thread about arcade if i played it more and i might actually write one in future but SG is what i enjoy playing and what i feel more about at the moment.

Who is pushing who away? :3

i know the staff have a lot to work on, but seriously... i doubt it would take 7 months to make 1 map, 2 even... It would have been nice to see at least that especially for a gamemode that relies on maps for the gameplay and the enjoyment of seeing a different environment and learning the areas and finding routes and where the chests are, finding the best places to pvp. It gets dry when you know where pretty much everything is for every map... especially only 5 maps.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I agree with Jordan.
Jollow I don't even know what you're going on about.
Survival games has not had one update since July 2016. That's six months ago.
Nobody is asking for a major overhaul of it. Nobody is asking the staff to drop any plans for every other game.
Nobody is saying staff aren't busy.
Nobody is saying they don't want to submit a map for survival games, but of course we can't, because of "quality reasons".
We're asking for one thing.
Maps. One, two, three or twenty of them.
Just think about the players that mostly enjoy playing survival games. Update after update after update is released for the network. Some for specific games, some for holidays/events.
But never for survival games.
I mean, its one of the most well known and popular games on Minecraft.
It might not be too much on cubecraft, but it's like leaving a banana lying around with the skin peeled, it's going to go stale and rot away.
Who wants to continuously play the same 5 maps for six months?
So you guys saying to be patient, get a grip please. There's more to this server than skywars and eggwars.
Or better still, go spend a few months playing survival games. See how long you last

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Free Build was also delayed. We just need to wait... Patience...
I know freebuild was delayed... but unlike freebuild SG relies on maps to make the gameplay different. I think you need to actually read the comments and learn the stats to figure out that a lot of people have been patient and are still being patient. You don't need to carry on saying to be so...

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
im sure there will be some more maps of SG coming around soon i honestly would like to see some new SG maps as well but hey you could always build a map and submit it

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
im sure there will be some more maps of SG coming around soon i honestly would like to see some new SG maps as well but hey you could always build a map and submit it
You can't submit maps for SG. The ability to was taken away as said earlier in the thread due to "build quality".

If i was able I'd have already built and submitted loads.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
Top Bottom