Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
Current maps have too much horizontal play and too little vertical play.
Right now maps don't have a lot of high structures. They are mostly flat, with maybe 3 or 4 layers max.
This is why I have a new idea for a map.

Name: The Tower / Towering / Skyscraper (could be something different, idk)
How many islands: 12
Theme: Minimalistic, Modern (Lots of quartz and glass)
What is it?:

There are 12 islands in a circle. These islands are quite simple. I don't know exactly how they should look.
In the middle there is a small but high tower. The tower is 10 (10!) stories high. Every story is 5 blocks high, so including the floor layer between each story that means the tower is 60 blocks high. The ground floor is on the same y level as the small player islands. This means you have to climb the tower. There is a chest on each story, but the enchanting table and anvils and some more chests are on the roof.

This adds a "king of the hill" element to SkyWars, as everyone will want to climb the tower and be the one controlling the roof, and it also allows players to incorporate more vertical strategy. Not only can you try to attack your opponents from the left, the right, the front, and the back, but also from above and below.

Reactions: Showy

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Current maps have too much horizontal play and too little vertical play.
Right now maps don't have a lot of high structures. They are mostly flat, with maybe 3 or 4 layers max.
This is why I have a new idea for a map.

Name: The Tower / Towering / Skyscraper (could be something different, idk)
How many islands: 12
Theme: Minimalistic, Modern (Lots of quartz and glass)
What is it?:

There are 12 islands in a circle. These islands are quite simple. I don't know exactly how they should look.
In the middle there is a small but high tower. The tower is 10 (10!) stories high. Every story is 5 blocks high, so including the floor layer between each story that means the tower is 60 blocks high. The ground floor is on the same y level as the small player islands. This means you have to climb the tower. There is a chest on each story, but the enchanting table and anvils and some more chests are on the roof.

This adds a "king of the hill" element to SkyWars, as everyone will want to climb the tower and be the one controlling the roof, and it also allows players to incorporate more vertical strategy. Not only can you try to attack your opponents from the left, the right, the front, and the back, but also from above and below.

They used have a team SkyWars map like this called Modern, with a skyscraper at middle. They removed it because mid was very far from the starters islands and the games would take horrendously long. I would like to see this map comeback with a revamp where there are sub-mid islands and the starter islands closer to mid. Some of the stuff you suggested were already there. I believe there was an anvil and enchantment table at the top.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
No. The maps are so flat for 2 reasons:
1. For a good pvp area.
2. To prevent camping.

Adding a map with a structure of 50 blocks high only will encourage camping. It will be extremely hard to get to the higest floors from the outside. Then you can suggest add a indoor stair system, but those could easily be blocked of or get trapped.

Then there is also chest distrurbion. If you want to have some chest on every floor (2-4) then you will have a total of (20-80) chests in mid.

You are also talking about a small tower, well if it is lets say 20 by 20 blocks (with and lenght) then you can easily blow up a few stories in the middle part of the tower and secrluring your positon more.

It is a no from me, and i also think a no from many others.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
No. The maps are so flat for 2 reasons:
1. For a good pvp area.
2. To prevent camping.

Adding a map with a structure of 50 blocks high only will encourage camping. It will be extremely hard to get to the higest floors from the outside. Then you can suggest add a indoor stair system, but those could easily be blocked of or get trapped.

Then there is also chest distrurbion. If you want to have some chest on every floor (2-4) then you will have a total of (20-80) chests in mid.

You are also talking about a small tower, well if it is lets say 20 by 20 blocks (with and lenght) then you can easily blow up a few stories in the middle part of the tower and secrluring your positon more.

It is a no from me, and i also think a no from many others.
Well you took the words right out of my mounth!

Reactions: Tech1e and MrTommy

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
It's a Great Idea but I think that it need to have like places with water because if the skycrapers are so high, in a pvp we can fell and die. The islands I recommend that they should be at a distance not too far to allow the rush.

Nice post and very good idea

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
It's a Great Idea but I think that it need to have like places with water because if the skycrapers are so high, in a pvp we can fell and die. The islands I recommend that they should be at a distance not too far to allow the rush.

Nice post and very good idea
People only would block the water of, and if you get hit in there during pvp then you are doomed. I would hate a map like this.

Yes it would look good but pvp and gameplay wise its another story.

Reactions: its_Marto03

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
People only would block the water of, and if you get hit in there during pvp then you are doomed. I would hate a map like this.

Yes it would look good but pvp and gameplay wise its another story.
Okay, people would try to block the water but if they don't do it you can have an opportunity of not dying because of the fall.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Please, just use a water bucket? As if the pre placed water will magically be underneath your feet?

SlipAndSlideBby

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2018
The Netherlands
They used have a team SkyWars map like this called Modern, with a skyscraper at middle. They removed it because mid was very far from the starters islands and the games would take horrendously long. I would like to see this map comeback with a revamp where there are sub-mid islands and the starter islands closer to mid. Some of the stuff you suggested were already there. I believe there was an anvil and enchantment table at the top.
damn you OG.

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
if you fell off the roof you have no chances of surviving. (except if you have a waterbucket but you don't get one every game + everyone can't clutch.)
If you would like this map to exist, build it!
I personally strongly disagree with this idea as it sounds so weird having a 60 blocks tall tower in the middle.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
if you fell off the roof you have no chances of surviving. (except if you have a waterbucket but you don't get one every game + everyone can't clutch.)
If you would like this map to exist, build it!
I personally strongly disagree with this idea as it sounds so weird having a 60 blocks tall tower in the middle.
You’re right. I would really like to see a map of this kind. Maybe a little less height difference but still maybe we will be all positively surprised?

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
You’re right. I would really like to see a map of this kind. Maybe a little less height difference but still maybe we will be all positively surprised?
I would _hate_ to see this type of map, considering the building is tall anyways

Arrowless

Apr 4, 2020
Uhh, I feel like it would be a nice map, but yeah, if people tend to camp on flat maps, imagine on a map like this lol, neutral on this one.

Bubbeltjes

Mar 1, 2019
I feel the same as @Arrowless. Camping could become a problem on these maps. On the other hand, it can result in some new and interesting pop-strategies.

HolyPotato263

Jan 26, 2020
The lack of vertical play is to stop players from camping. This map encourages it and when a map encourages something bad, there’s going to be a problem.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Tall buildings aren't good for the reduction of campers. That's the reason why they only made maps with max 4 layers.

Also; it's only after 1 or 2 months and probably longer because there's been a recent mapupdate on the network.

SANTIEL_3

Apr 4, 2020
Hello:)

Maybe isn't a good idea, becouse these maps will be used for "camping"

This is my opinion
;)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Uhh, I feel like it would be a nice map, but yeah, if people tend to camp on flat maps, imagine on a map like this lol, neutral on this one.
Hi, This thread has not been active for 10 days... The rules tell us not to “necro” the thread. Only if you have a new insight to it, but it seems you just agreed with what was said before so,
@Dutudy lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Top Bottom