• Nvidia

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
An extra 400MHz (300MHz on max Turbo) won't make a big difference in performance. Dropping to the 3GB 1060, however, will make a significant difference.

That being said, now that Ryzen 5 is out, here is my revised parts list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£67.90 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: *Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£83.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£75.80 @ Alza)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.95 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: *EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card (£214.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£47.80 @ Alza)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (£37.93 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £750.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-23 00:27 BST+0100

The belief that Ryzen benefits from faster memory is only partially true. It does get a performance bump with faster memory, but the performance scales about as well as it does on recent Intel chips.
I thought I had a good pc comes this guy with all his stuff! xD

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
Before saying your £750 price range, look at what games you want to play. Because £450 brings you to full shaders 60 FPS. You dont need to overkill, it isn't necessary. Bring something you like, with a good CPU because GPU upgrading is the easiest thing on earth I would recommend every non-streamer and youtuber an Core i5 processor. i5 7500 is a good pickup nowadays. Take a 110M Msi Eco Motherboard for a simple price and 8 GB of DDR4 Crucial Valueram, because trust me, you don't need fancy heatspreaders! The graphics card depends on the remaining budget. The case is personal taste and you shouldn't put more than £75 in that. PSU is alright if its over 500 watt and SSD (never use HDD) is your budget formation.

If you want a personal build, tell me in private measage.

By the way.

AMD Vega is gonna be better than NVidia Geforce, and Ryzen is better than i3/i5/i7

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
Why would you present us with the option of AMD or Nvidia, whilst they are diffrent producters with diffrent components?
Anyways,
My suggestion is to get an asus 970 gaming/aura as a motherboard and a 1050ti from gigabyte as a graphics card.
Those 2 are budget kings.

accurates

May 28, 2016
U.S.B. (United States of Belgium)
An extra 400MHz (300MHz on max Turbo) won't make a big difference in performance. Dropping to the 3GB 1060, however, will make a significant difference.

That being said, now that Ryzen 5 is out, here is my revised parts list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£67.90 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: *Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£83.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£75.80 @ Alza)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.95 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: *EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card (£214.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£47.80 @ Alza)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (£37.93 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £750.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-23 00:27 BST+0100

The belief that Ryzen benefits from faster memory is only partially true. It does get a performance bump with faster memory, but the performance scales about as well as it does on recent Intel chips.
I agree. The ryzen 5's came in strong!

Reactions: Leeberator

Elfdrummer12

Dec 10, 2016
Rivendell
I have an Nvidia/MSI build. If you are only going to play Minecraft or similar low-graphics games, there is not that much of a point is buying a beast of a pc. If you play next-generation games, you will most likely need to upgrade your components. Also, if you are recording, a decent graphics card and a processor will go a long way

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Try this website to help you create your pc.

I would reccomend:
Processor: (CPU) Intel i5 quadcore with overclock
Graphics card: MSI GTX 1060 4GB-6GB (PCI-E slot) (No point in having an SLI rig now.) <--- two graphics cards. (I have MSI GTX 1080 x. VR ready 6GB.) It's more that enough for Minecraft, recording and next-gen games.
RAM: 8GB of RAM - HyperX/Kingston or Crucial (Make sure it is DDR4 for the latest generation. If you cant afford it/dont need it, go for a DDR3) If you want, go to 16.
Motherboard is your choice. (make sure the pins on the graphics card and the RAM fits the motherboard, or else you are in trouble. (Maybe go for Acer (not too bad) MSI, ASUS,
Storage: I would reccomend 500GB to 1TB or storage. Go for a Hard Drive.
Purchasing an SSD would be a good invenstment, but depending on the games and the software, some can run faster on an SSD while some are faster on a Hard Drive, due to the writing speed. (SSD should be Samsung/Intel and so should the Hard Drive.)
Case: Go for one that can fit your motherboard, graphics card and power supply, as they all need to fit.
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified. It needs to be powerful enough to run all of your components, as a graphics card and processor can require a lot of power.¨

I Hope all of this helps!! I have some experience with computers and I am Studying IT in college, but I am not the best. Take my advice if you want :)

:)

RtasBishop

Apr 26, 2017
buy something in the lines of a 1060 3gb and a i5 7th generation in my opinion this is like the best for this kind of budget and you might even have some money left

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I just got a new gaming pc
Its pretty lit.

Got it off amazon
Maybe you shpuld get it off amazon :P

Dec 3, 2016
Inside Of A Computers Code
I have an Nvidia/MSI build. If you are only going to play Minecraft or similar low-graphics games, there is not that much of a point is buying a beast of a pc. If you play next-generation games, you will most likely need to upgrade your components. Also, if you are recording, a decent graphics card and a processor will go a long way

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Try this website to help you create your pc.

I would reccomend:
Processor: (CPU) Intel i5 quadcore with overclock
Graphics card: MSI GTX 1060 4GB-6GB (PCI-E slot) (No point in having an SLI rig now.) <--- two graphics cards. (I have MSI GTX 1080 x. VR ready 6GB.) It's more that enough for Minecraft, recording and next-gen games.
RAM: 8GB of RAM - HyperX/Kingston or Crucial (Make sure it is DDR4 for the latest generation. If you cant afford it/dont need it, go for a DDR3) If you want, go to 16.
Motherboard is your choice. (make sure the pins on the graphics card and the RAM fits the motherboard, or else you are in trouble. (Maybe go for Acer (not too bad) MSI, ASUS,
Storage: I would reccomend 500GB to 1TB or storage. Go for a Hard Drive.
Purchasing an SSD would be a good invenstment, but depending on the games and the software, some can run faster on an SSD while some are faster on a Hard Drive, due to the writing speed. (SSD should be Samsung/Intel and so should the Hard Drive.)
Case: Go for one that can fit your motherboard, graphics card and power supply, as they all need to fit.
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified. It needs to be powerful enough to run all of your components, as a graphics card and processor can require a lot of power.¨

I Hope all of this helps!! I have some experience with computers and I am Studying IT in college, but I am not the best. Take my advice if you want :)

:)
yes pcpartpicker is great i'd reccomend it too

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Mine has AMD, but I'll let you decide based on other ppl's opinions as I haven't used an Nvidia CPU yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.