Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

what do you think about this idea of a new game called: TNT WARS

• Total voters

Divergy

Feb 29, 2020
i think it would be great to add a game like this. TNT WARS.

if cubecraft made like 5 diffrent maps where team red vs team blue would compete against each other to see would get the 15 kills first.

with an chest at slot 9 of your invetory that opens a GUI where you can choose you building blocks to build the ultimate canon.

also for every kill and win you get points and extra exp for ingame lvls where the other players can see how good you are with nuking people.

also a shop menu that is at slot 8 that opens another gui where you can buy canons for the rich bois.

of what i can find there are currently only 2 servers with tnt wars. and those servers are pretty small servers that cant handle more than 100 players at the same time, thats why it is so unpopulair. i think if would make cubecraft more uniquer(idk if thats a word) than it already is.

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
Tntwars is actually one of my favorite game modes, but it does have major problems.

1. Players could build huge automatic cannons and crash the server, some players don't have computers powerful enough to handle all the explosions (even with minimal amount of particles).
  2. Another bad thing about is that players can easily grief each other tnt cannons by placing blocks in front of them or by breaking some stuff (although you could have a system in place that only allows you to break your own blocks.)
  3. Tnt cannons need water in order to work, which means that players will have access to water and that means that they would be able to protect their whole island with water and the enemy would have no chance...

The reason only small servers have this game mode is because of all those problems, and it's hard to make preventions against all of that (not impossible ofc), which means that the server will need active moderators in-game to make sure everyone is following the rules and not griefing.

Divergy

Feb 29, 2020
Do you have a video or anything you can show? I'm bored so I might recreate this in java
you mean of a gameplay of tnt wars? (idk if im allowed to say this but small server like perkelle.com and mc.cubedcraft.com do tnt wars.

but i think cubecraft can make it way way way better!

Last edited:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Tntwars is actually one of my favorite game modes, but it does have major problems.

1. Players could build huge automatic cannons and crash the server, some players don't have computers powerful enough to handle all the explosions (even with minimal amount of particles).
  2. Another bad thing about is that players can easily grief each other tnt cannons by placing blocks in front of them or by breaking some stuff (although you could have a system in place that only allows you to break your own blocks.)
  3. Tnt cannons need water in order to work, which means that players will have access to water and that means that they would be able to protect their whole island with water and the enemy would have no chance...

The reason only small servers have this game mode is because of all those problems, and it's hard to make preventions against all of that (not impossible ofc), which means that the server will need active moderators in-game to make sure everyone is following the rules and not griefing.

You basically covered everything I wanted to say, this game mode is so overused and honestly dead, I never liked it, and if Cube were to add a new game there are much better choices.

Also what’s up with people making weird polls? Hard to take serious lol.

Reactions: Mivke

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
  • Players could build huge automatic cannons and crash the server, some players don't have computers powerful enough to handle all the explosions (even with minimal amount of particles).
  • Another bad thing about is that players can easily grief each other tnt cannons by placing blocks in front of them or by breaking some stuff (although you could have a system in place that only allows you to break your own blocks.)
  • Tnt cannons need water in order to work, which means that players will have access to water and that means that they would be able to protect their whole island with water and the enemy would have no chance...
  1. Instead of building, load from schematics, similar Tower Defense
  2. ^ + prevent players from breaking blocks
  3. ^ + no buckets. Water from broken cannons would still be a problem, though

You’ll see an improved version soonTM

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't like it, sorry. I also think this will give people and the server maybe problems because of all the explosions, as said above.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Hello, regarding this:
I'm bored so I might recreate this in java
In ~1 hour of free time, I made a pretty simple concept of how it could work and (I think) fixes some of the issues posted by @StonePlus. It's far from perfect and many things (such as spawns, some kind of store for buying TNT and cannons) are missing and other are weird (like the schematic of the TNT canon). If I feel like it, I might finish it
Of course, griefing would still be a problem

ignore the first fail thx

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
Hello, regarding this:

In ~1 hour of free time, I made a pretty simple concept of how it could work and (I think) fixes some of the issues posted by @StonePlus. It's far from perfect and many things (such as spawns, some kind of store for buying TNT and cannons) are missing and other are weird (like the schematic of the TNT canon). If I feel like it, I might finish it
Of course, griefing would still be a problem

ignore the first fail thx
Nice plugin. But those FallingBlockEntity could really make a server lag... Also use dispensers for a tnt cannons lol. Also to prevent grief you could prevent players from placing blocks in front of the tnt cannon but that isn’t really a solution because players would always be able to find another way to grief. Like with water. Or you could make it so that tnt entity can break any blocks blocking its path that are placed on the players team side.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Nice plugin
It’s extremely simple, but thanks
FallingBlockEntity
It skips some blocks of the blocklist, so only few blocks are launched. Shouldn’t be much a problem
Also use dispensers for a tnt cannons lol
It’s random schematic I found
players from placing blocks in front of the tnt cannon but that isn’t really a solution because players would always be able to find another way to grief. Like with water. Or you could make it so that tnt entity can break any blocks blocking its path that are placed on the players team side.
Blocks can’t be placed, only the cannons, which will always point to the enemy spawn

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
UncleSpect wrote on Kazwa's profile.
amazing banner kasper! like u :D
HyperPal wrote on Elenahh's profile.
best team leader in history I swear on god respect
Top Bottom