Would you like to see this in-game?

• Total voters

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Many players would love, to have Arcade games on both java and bedrock. It could have games on it such as minerware, colony control, tag, spleef and line dash. Casual players would find this to be a great update. And seeing as cubecraft already has party games, in the form of minerware. Arcade games would fit right in.

EDIT: a full list of games in arcade could be Minerware, among slimes, tower defense, colony control, wing rush, tag, spleef, and line dash.

Edit 2: Changed the thread to bedrock, as it would not fit in java.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
Fun fact: arcade was a game somewhere around 2 years ago.
it featured: spleef, paintball, line dash, barn brawl, wing rush and quacke craft!
There was also an option to play mixed arcade where you would play 8 games (randomly picked) and climb unto the leaderboard by earning trophies (wins, challenges and mvp)

I loved it, but the entire arcade section got removed in ''The big change'' update.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
Many players would love, to have Arcade games on both java and bedrock. It could have games on it such as blockparty, colony control, tag, spleef and line dash. Casual players would find this to be a great update. And seeing as cubecraft already has party games, in the form of minerware. Arcade games would fit right in.
This was already a thing back in the days (that sounds old xd)
Sadly it got removed on the "Big Change" update -> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-big-change.212513/

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i would love to see the nostalgic arcade lobby back, but maybe leaving some old gamemodes out. hourglass for example was fun and all that, but ohhgod the lagg.... and never got too many players anyways

• Love

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Now while this would be very cool cubecraft doesn’t have that much to gain from it. I personally would love it but cubecraft is mostly a pvp server. And the biggest problem is that the hive is coming out with their own mixed arcade game that might simply blow CubeCraft’s to the side.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Now while this would be very cool cubecraft doesn’t have that much to gain from it. I personally would love it but cubecraft is mostly a pvp server. And the biggest problem is that the hive is coming out with their own mixed arcade game that might simply blow CubeCraft’s to the side.
it featured: spleef, paintball, line dash, barn brawl, wing rush and quacke craft!
There was also an option to play mixed arcade where you would play 8 games (randomly picked) and climb unto the leaderboard by earning trophies (wins, challenges and mvp)

I loved it, but the entire arcade section got removed in ''The big change'' update.
I did not no this, as I am a bedrock edition player. Although it would be great to see it return.

Reactions: Dreamer

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
The hive can't copyright an arcade lobby. It's a fundamental part of many servers, on both java and bedrock. Such as hypixel, nethergames, The hive(java) or even cubecraft 2 years ago.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
The hive can't copyright an arcade lobby. It's a fundamental part of many servers, on both java and bedrock. Such as hypixel, nethergames, The hive(java) or even cubecraft 2 years ago.
That’s not what I meant. I mean cubecraft arcade would go head to head with hives upcoming arcade. For cubecraft to get a big chunk of player, their games will either have to be significantly better than the hive‘s or be unique to cubecraft. I think cube should just stick with games that don’t have to compete with other servers.

D

Deleted member 347571

Hello!

I like the idea of bringing back the old arcade games but i don't know if it's a good idea. I will try to explain it the best i can.

Last time the mixed arcade was a thing it was slowly dying and contained quite a lot of bugs which made it not fun to play. Ofcourse the players who love the game would enjoy it anyway.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on the current games first before adding new games? I mean there is currently Eggwars and Blockwars who contain a lot of bugs. Blockwars that desperately needs an update. Among Slimes and Skyblock that need constant attention. If the permanent games all had an update and are good enough then i think it would be a good idea to bring this back for those who enjoy arcade.

Mixed Arcade also needs a lot of time to finishi think, i am not sure about this but it would contain around 7-10 games which all need to be fixed and updated to be playable and enjoyable.

Don't forget that there is Hive, Hypixel and Mineplex who offer a large amount of minigames that Cube would offer in Mixed Arcade so they really need to outsmart them in some way and make it so these players would play on Cubecraft instead.

Although i don't completely agree with this, i see that you put effort in this thread and it does have potential so i decided to vote yes.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello!

I like the idea of bringing back the old arcade games but i don't know if it's a good idea. I will try to explain it the best i can.

Last time the mixed arcade was a thing it was slowly dying and contained quite a lot of bugs which made it not fun to play. Ofcourse the players who love the game would enjoy it anyway.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on the current games first before adding new games? I mean there is currently Eggwars and Blockwars who contain a lot of bugs. Blockwars that desperately needs an update. Among Slimes and Skyblock that need constant attention. If the permanent games all had an update and are good enough then i think it would be a good idea to bring this back for those who enjoy arcade.

Mixed Arcade also needs a lot of time to finishi think, i am not sure about this but it would contain around 7-10 games which all need to be fixed and updated to be playable and enjoyable.

Don't forget that there is Hive, Hypixel and Mineplex who offer a large amount of minigames that Cube would offer in Mixed Arcade so they really need to outsmart them in some way and make it so these players would play on Cubecraft instead.

Although i don't completely agree with this, i see that you put effort in this thread and it does have potential so i decided to vote yes.
I can agree it would be hard to pull of. But I'm not talking about immediately, first the existing games need a polish. Then cubecraft could start looking in to Mixed arcade.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
That’s not what I meant. I mean cubecraft arcade would go head to head with hives upcoming arcade. For cubecraft to get a big chunk of player, their games will either have to be significantly better than the hive‘s or be unique to cubecraft. I think cube should just stick with games that don’t have to compete with other servers.
If cubecraft doesn't compete with The Hive, they will end up like Mineplex. Killed by few updates, and no innovation.

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him

I would honestly do everything to see that lobby 1 more time... It was amazing :(
Although I didnt even play most of the minigames

But on java, I dont think we have enough players to properly get it back, since featured games only get between like 20 and 100 players... Which would be way less if you distribute it among the other lobbies...
However, it might be a fun idea to bring it back to bedrock, since theres enough players on there!

• Love

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
If cubecraft doesn't compete with The Hive, they will end up like Mineplex. Killed by few updates, and no innovation.
Mineplex died because they didn’t go with the trend hypixel made. If cubecraft straight up competes with hives then there won’t be significant growth. Cubecraft needs to start the trends. If you follow their Twitter then yesterday they teased a new game that seems to be some sort of Easter LTM

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Mineplex died because they didn’t go with the trend hypixel made. If cubecraft straight up competes with hives then there won’t be significant growth. Cubecraft needs to start the trends. If you follow their Twitter then yesterday they teased a new game that seems to be some sort of Easter LTM
I'm not saying they should copy Hive at all. And anyway an arcade lobby is such a broad idea, it means that games don't have to be the biggest hits. As long as they have a dedicated player base and can be monetised. then they can go in to Arcade Games.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
Top Bottom