Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
So, a lot of people will know that a big issue with bedrock is the fact that there are very few staff members for it. The reasoning? Not enough Bedrock staff are applying. The issue is, Cube keeps saying that more suitable Bedrock members need to apply but they barely push the forums and discord on Bedrock, if it all. For comparison, this is the messages you get on Java every time you join a lobby, along with the repeated network-wide announcements for things like sentinel, staff apps etc.
1596151016524.png

Bedrock? These are the only 2 message you get
1596151293273.png

1596151406218.png

Notice how in the first message, they don't even send the link to the forums, deterring a large amount of people from looking and in the second message the link is to the Java reports site. On the Bedrock network. This needs to be fixed.

I suggest that the sentinel message is fixed and the bedrock link (https://cbecrft.net/bedrockreports) is put in and that the first message is changed completely to be a lot more like the Java one. This new message would include an actual link to the forum, links to the rules, discord and other useful stuff like the Java has. This is likely an incredibly easy fix, and should help massively raise awareness of the forums on Bedrock eventually leading to an increase in Bedrock staff and in general activity from Bedrock members.

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I totally agree on this. Most of the staff is java because bedrock is not that old (compared to java). So most players played first on java and have more experience with the game in general. I like to see this because this encourages people to be active on the platform. But i doubt if this works because most of the players on bedrock are below the age of 14. But its still good to encourage the other part of the player base (people 14 or above) to be active so a +1 from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: KitsuneToru

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I totally agree on this. Most of the staff is java because bedrock is not that old (compared to java). So most players played first on java and have more experience with the game in general. I like to see this because this encourages people to be active on the platform. But i doubt if this works because most of the players on bedrock are below the age of 14. But its still good to encourage the other part of the player base (people 14 or above) to be active so a +1 from me.

btw: Can you add a poll so people can vote on this matter?
I'm not adding a poll so that if people disagree they have to share why rather than just voting no.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Great suggestion, we really do need more Bedrock players on the forums. (Except the ones that only post about Sentinel)

Reactions: KitsuneToru

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
The thing about Bedrock is that everything can be done from in-game, such as looking for servers to join and buying items from a server store. Where as on Java, in most cases people have to enter a server's website to find their IP address (same goes for buying store items), hence the reason why there are more Java players active on the forums.

Unlike Java, Bedrock doesn't have the ability to make bodies of text do things when clicked, which is why there are no links that take you to any websites. I personally don't mind not having a link anyway, because the CubeCraft website always comes at the top of the list when you google "CubeCraft". Same goes for when you search "CubeCraft Discord," the Discord Guide thread will appear at the top of the list. It is also pretty easy to figure out how to apply to become a helper from the website anyway, and if someone is unable to figure out how to apply, I don't think they would be a particularly good fit for a helper anyway.

However, I do agree that the Sentinel report link on Bedrock should be changed from reports.cubecraft.net to cbecrft.net/bedrockreports, as the current link is misleading. Another thing that should be changed are the messages that appear when executing the commands /twitter, /store, /discord, /youtube, and /twitch. The messages look like this:
Annotation 2020-08-02 165929.png

As they are not clickable, I think they should be changed to simply the URL to the website, for example "Link to Twitter page: twitter.com/CubeCraftGames," etc.

Thanks for your suggestion 😄

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Top Bottom