Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
Seriously though, does no one see the immorality of this? If the server attracted a more mature audience, kid's parents wouldn't be funding the server. It would be people who knew what exactly they were spending their own money on. The server wouldn't be swindling money from parents because kids think that they "need" this special thing that you can only get by donating.
All I see from this is that you want less kids donating to the server :P

Reactions: Breezeblocks

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Actually, yeah, saying "Fuck" in chat can and will offend people who are not mature. As will almost anything else that you say. You say in chat, for some reason, "I like the color white.", and someone is going to take that to mean that you support white supremacy. What's next? Are the colors "white" and "black" going to be censored?

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
Actually, yeah, saying "Fuck" in chat can and will offend people who are not mature. As will almost anything else that you say. You say in chat, for some reason, "I like the color white.", and someone is going to take that to mean that you support white supremacy. What's next? Are the colors "white" and "black" going to be censored?
Swearing on the server that doesn't allow swears is immature. 'Fuck' can affect anyone, no matter their age, race, religion, or sexuality; It is not a matter of how mature they are. From this whole thread, it has proven to me, that you are the immature one. Also, please don't bring things such as 'white supremacy' into this. It's stupid.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Swearing on the server that doesn't allow swears is immature. 'Fuck' can affect anyone, no matter their age, race, religion, or sexuality; It is not a matter of how mature they are. From this whole thread, it has proven to me, that you are the immature one. Also, please don't bring things such as 'white supremacy' into this. It's stupid.
Except that it is a matter of how mature they are. For some odd reason, I can't see a 17 year old or someone of equal maturity being shocked that someone would say "Fuck" in chat.

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
Except that it is a matter of how mature they are. For some odd reason, I can't see a 17 year old or someone of equal maturity being shocked that someone would say "Fuck" in chat.
No, being offended by a swear is not a matter of maturity. Some people; no matter their age, can get offended. This server has staff of all ages. Most of them
being mature teenagers, and they make and enforce the rules.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
White supremacy is stupid. I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you on this. This, however, is not a valid point as to why I should not bring such things into this. Anyways, it was just an example. Are we going to end up censoring everything someone might take offense to?

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
Let me clear this up.

We enacted this in a much more strict way because we have gotten numerous complaints from parents, and mind telling the parent what to do, its true most kids get allowed access to the internet without many safe guards, and since we invite kids to join our server, we try to do our best to keep it at a standard suitable for kids, and all ages.

Secondly, many troll words were censured, as you stated, such as "gay" or others, this is due to the fact of unmature users using them as an offense, "you're so gay", so do not point the finger at us as if we were homophobic or as if we were racist. We block words as a result of their usage. We monitor chat usage on a daily basis, and modify our filters constantly to fit it in the best ways possible, regardless of the words used and what they imply. So tell the users that they are homophobic/racists, not us.

Thirdly, use of profanity language is not a mature thing to do, it implies that you cannot internally handle pressure. So, if you say we are pushing away a more mature audience, thats good, cause chances are those people aren't mature at all.

With that, this thread is closed. Further discussions on this matter are not welcome, and should be avoided.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
No but seriously, I kinda guessed that you were muted and that's why you made this.
What a guess!
was muted by PinkStr3ak
for Bullying/Swearing
Banned on: Saturday 30th August 2014 at 07:23
For: 3 months
Ends on: Saturday 29th November 2014 at 13:50

When I first joined the server, I had that outlook, that casual swearing was okay because as long as it's not aimed at anyone, its fine. However, the server has grown massively since then and our player base consists of alot of 'young kids' who can get easily offended, I mean some of them are usually the one's swearing. However, we have a standard, and that includes 'No swearing' which is a rule known on all 'Big server networks'. The reason the word 'gay' is blocked because this is the internet whenever someone say's I like gay people, I wonder what people's response will be.. As you know, trolls feel alot safer behind a computer screen and we try to protect the 'Larger' community from this. The anti-swear plugin might need some tweaking however there is no way this rule will be "abolished"

"that if this rule is abolished, it will not only make this server more popular, but it will also make the server as a whole a better, less strict place."

Tell that to these people:
9bkr3t.png
14o4g5.png
oifwon.png

Lets have people be allowed to hack too!! That will make the server wayyyyy more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Top Bottom