Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
With all do respect, I feel swearing is nothing but a foolish, pointless, and destructive endeavor that does not assist anyone in life and I don't see the need for any of it.
Swearing is healthy. Therefore, not "foolish, pointless, and destructive".

Craft

Aug 25, 2014
Swearing is healthy. Therefore, not "foolish, pointless, and destructive".

Research and many years of evidence also show that humans are getting smarter.... yet.. we aren't?

Proof? Here:

Egyptians built the pyramids with clay and mud... I would very much like to see any of the world's leading architects do the same.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
This is a server, not the real world. People should respect the rules the owners laid down, because it is what's best for the server and it's community.
That seems a little like... oh, I don't know... a dictatorship? We're just expected to blindly follow the rules because we're told it's "what's best for us"? To me, that sounds like the very definition of ignorance.

Craft

Aug 25, 2014
That seems a little like... oh, I don't know... a dictatorship? We're just expected to blindly follow the rules because we're told it's "what's best for us"? To me, that sounds like the very definition of ignorance.

Hey hey, now... don't get your feathers ruffled.

We are just trying to have a friendly conversation about our opinions on the matter.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Research and many years of evidence also show that humans are getting smarter.... yet.. we aren't?

Proof? Here:

Egyptians built the pyramids with clay and mud... I would very much like to see any of the world's leading architects do the same.
Forgive me, I completely forgot about the computer invented by the Egyptians. It was made out of clay and mud, correct? Anyways, how is this post relevant in any way?

Craft

Aug 25, 2014
Forgive me, I completely forgot about the computer invented by the Egyptians. It was made out of clay and mud, correct? Anyways, how is this post relevant in any way?

You posted a random thread that states that "swearing is healthy" because it was PROVEN...

I give you my proof...

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
Swearing is healthy, but making people offended and upset is not healthy and quite irresponsible. If you want to swear, don't say it in chat. Once again, the server is Kid-Friendly, and has no tolerance to bullying,hence why bans on certain words are put in place.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Yes, if the no swearing rule is abolished, a lot of kids will be angry. Yes, a few of them may even leave the server. What I don't get, is why this server WANTS immature kids. It might just be me, but personally I see a server with a lot of mature people lasting a lot longer than a server with a lot of immature kids.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
You posted a random thread that states that "swearing is healthy" because it was PROVEN...

I give you my proof...
I have no idea what you're proving. Why is human intelligence related to swearing being healthy?

Exciting_pancake

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2014
The UK
Yes, if the no swearing rule is abolished, a lot of kids will be angry. Yes, a few of them may even leave the server. What I don't get, is why this server WANTS immature kids. It might just be me, but personally I see a server with a lot of mature people lasting a lot longer than a server with a lot of immature kids.
The way I see it, minecraft is FULL with 'kids' they're the ones who will be staying on the longest (in years).. They're the ones paying to keep it running. The no swearing rule keeps the community a great place, a nice friendly community. I do not, at all, think the no swesring rule should be changed.

Reactions: Breezeblocks

Craft

Aug 25, 2014
I have no idea what you're proving. Why is human intelligence related to swearing being healthy?

I'm trying to tell you that your article doesn't prove anything. Swearing is NOT healthy, and CANNOT be healthy. It only teaches you things, prematurely, that you ought not to know...

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
I'm trying to tell you that your article doesn't prove anything. Swearing is NOT healthy, and CANNOT be healthy. It only teaches you things, prematurely, that you ought not to know...
I'm so very sorry, I didn't realize that you knew everything. I am an ignorant fool, would thou please bestoweth upon me but a grain of your infinite wisdom, oh wise one? /sarcasm/
The way I see it, minecraft is FULL with 'kids' they're the ones who will be staying on the longest (in years).. They're the ones paying to keep it running. The no swearing rule keeps the community a great place, a nice friendly community. I do not, at all, think the no swesring rule should be changed.
Sorry, but I feel the need to correct you here. The kids are NOT the ones paying to keep it running. Their parents are.

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
Can someone just lock this?

The "no swearing" policy will most likely stay as it is. I don't think this is even going to be taken into consideration.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
I'm so very sorry, I didn't realize that you knew everything. I am an ignorant fool, would thou please bestoweth upon me but a grain of your infinite wisdom, oh wise one? /sarcasm/

Sorry, but I feel the need to correct you here. The kids are NOT the ones paying to keep it running. Their parents are.
No need to be rude about this now, we are simply stating our opinions. And if you don't like what we have to say, sorry.

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
Being aware of the consequences of swearing, bullying, and being vulgar is not immature. Immaturity is when people, of any age, fail to comply with set rules. If you want to swear, say it out loud, rather than offending strangers on the internet. The 'No Swearing' rule will not be lifted, I guarantee.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Seriously though, does no one see the immorality of this? If the server attracted a more mature audience, kid's parents wouldn't be funding the server. It would be people who knew what exactly they were spending their own money on. The server wouldn't be swindling money from parents because kids think that they "need" this special thing that you can only get by donating.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Being aware of the consequences of swearing, bullying, and being vulgar is not immature. Immaturity is when people, of any age, fail to comply with set rules. If you want to swear, say it out loud, rather than offending strangers on the internet. The 'No Swearing' rule will not be lifted, I guarantee.
I don't see how saying "Fuck" in chat can offend anyone.

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
In my opinion you don´t have to swear in chat. If you are angry scream or whatever you want, but there is no need to write that in chat.
And about "gay". Might be a very personal topic which noone would write in public chat if they would like to come out.
To sum it up: The rules are perfectly fine the way they are. No need to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom