Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
True, true...
But i'm just tired of ragers calling hacks on everyone that kills them, when really it might've been lag, or the person who killed them is just better at PvP. True, I don't play it PvP, Assassins, or any of the sort very often. But it does annoy me, and i think it drives some more mature people further away from the server due to the annoyance.
Mature people would know better and ignore them.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Mature people would know better and ignore them.
Pretty sure she's saying that mature people will shy away from the server as a result of the no swearing rule. Mature servers attract mature people, and mature people attract more mature people. These mature people will, in fact, help the server to grow more mature.

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
Words have to censored on the server. There's several different age groups that play Minecraft, and CubeCraft allows players of all different ages to come and join. We have to make it Kid-Friendly.

If swears were allowed, people can abuse this and could deeply offend someone. A guy I knew from my old school got cyberbullied so hard that he took his own life. I shouldn't be talking about him, but I need to prove my point.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
Pretty sure she's saying that mature people will shy away from the server as a result of the no swearing rule. Mature servers attract mature people, and mature people attract more mature people. These mature people will, in fact, help the server to grow more mature.
She was referring to hackers, not the swearing rule :P

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
The double post is real o-o. Anyways, what I said was true. Mature people do attract more mature people.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Words have to censored on the server. There's several different age groups that play Minecraft, and CubeCraft allows players of all different ages to come and join. We have to make it Kid-Friendly.

If swears were allowed, people can abuse this and could deeply offend someone. A guy I knew from my old school got cyberbullied so hard that he took his own life. I shouldn't be talking about him, but I need to prove my point.
I'm just saying that we should allow swearing and disallow the abuse of it. I'm really sorry that that happened to you, but if the abuse was monitored instead of the swearing, we wouldn't have bullying on here. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater :P

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
I'm just saying that we should allow swearing and disallow the abuse of it. I'm really sorry that that happened to you, but if the abuse was monitored instead of the swearing, we wouldn't have bullying on here. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater :p

Edit: not sure how to edit, sorry for the double post. anyways, that :P face looks really silly/sarcastic and wasn't what i mean to be at the end of the sentence :/

Craft

Aug 25, 2014
Not to burst your bubble, DE, but... this has been suggested before, and will be again.

I, for one, can say will full certainty, that the integrity of the people at CCG will not be hindered, nor swayed, because you or any of your buddies feel like you should be allowed to "speak your mind."

Reactions: Exciting_pancake

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
I'm just saying that we should allow swearing and disallow the abuse of it. I'm really sorry that that happened to you, but if the abuse was monitored instead of the swearing, we wouldn't have bullying on here. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater :p
People can be offended by anything these days. We can't control people's emotions and reactions to swears.

DEDking109

Aug 30, 2014
Not to burst your bubble, DE, but... this has been suggested before, and will be again.

I, for one, can say will full certainty, that the integrity of the people at CCG will not be hindered, nor swayed, because you or any of your buddies feel like you should be allowed to "speak your mind."
I don't feel like I should be allowed to "speak my mind" if what comes out of my mouth (or from my keyboard) is bullying. I think that I should be allowed to express disapproval of losing/dying without having to say "Oh, fiddlesticks!" or something of the like. It seems utterly ridiculous that I can't say something that won't affect anyone else in any way, shape or form.

Craft

Aug 25, 2014
I don't feel like I should be allowed to "speak my mind" if what comes out of my mouth (or from my keyboard) is bullying. I think that I should be allowed to express disapproval of losing/dying without having to say "Oh, fiddlesticks!" or something of the like. It seems utterly ridiculous that I can't say something that won't affect anyone else in any way, shape or form.

With all do respect, I feel swearing is nothing but a foolish, pointless, and destructive endeavor that does not assist anyone in life and I don't see the need for any of it.

Breezeblocks

Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2014
Roughly 2000 players come on to the server everyday. Saying a word such as 'Shit' will offend at least 1 person; No matter the context. It's better to keep some words blocked, so no members will become upset. If you want to swear, go onto a server which allows it, or don't say it at all.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
This is a server, not the real world. People should respect the rules the owners laid down, because it is what's best for the server and it's community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom