Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How'd you like it?

• Total voters

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Hi, welcome to week 8 of my world! So, I had a very busy week this week. (School: 6/7 tests, tons of homework etc) Which means I haven't done much this week but I've tried my best.

So, let's start with the medieval district, the first district I started work on in day 1. This week, a new building has popped up there. Let's take a look at it.
2018-11-04_11.29.30.png

Here we have a little fishing shack. (I afk fish but it's just for decoration. For now it's actually usefull because AFK fishing is broken in the snapshot). I decorated a bit around it with some bonemeal, a custom tree and a custom pond with a salmon in it.

2018-11-04_11.30.03.png

So, we're not back in the modern district. Which there was nothing built in last week, this week however, I've decided to make another little build here. There are bigger builds coming but I don't feel like making huge modern builds because I don't have that many recourses. But they are surely coming at some point. You can also see that chunk loading has struggles in this snapshot and it is annoying yeah. You can also see that here:
2018-11-03_12.28.11.png

Yep, I wasn't even standing in a chunk there, I just came out of the portal and it was like I was in the void with that being the only piece of land.
2018-11-04_11.40.28.png

This was actually already here for a while but it wasn't functioning so I've added ice and re-located the killing place. I've also made a bit more good looking but I'm going to make this better in the future. (This is also in the medieval district btw)
You can also see that pumpkin bro over there, I locked him there and gave hime a nametag so he doesn't despawn. His pumpkin head is special and I want to keep him as long as this world lasts. (Idk how long xD, I make backups tho so we're pretty safe.)
2018-10-31_17.26.55.png

Oh hello there.

Medieval district so far: (ignore the cobblestone towers next to the river, I was doing some designing for the gigantic wall around the medieval district, the official design is in my testing world, but I won't show ya that yet :))
2018-11-04_11.31.11.png

Industrial district so far: (snow on the rooftops lol)
2018-11-04_11.31.20.png

Modern district so far: (Ignore the random cactus :P) (Forgot to mention: A small change has been made: I made the pathways a bit curvey now, not by the pool yet) (I also see that the roof of both modern houses need some more detail lol)
2018-11-04_11.30.14.png

I've also got a trident now :D

That's it for this week!
I hope you like this, I'm going to try to make more buildings for next week's thread and I'm starting once I post this thread. I'd like to work a bit on the modern trainstation this week.
Bye!
PS: Don't forget to give feedback and vote!
:D

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Great job 10/10
1. Why you put a pumpking on the head of the zombies?, if they are not traveling arround superfice is not necesary.
2.im in love with the screenshoot 6
3.do you has a portal travel system?
4.why you has fireworks? (Screenshoot 3)
5. Why you dont has a crosbow?
6.the extreme hils are placing snow in your industries xD pkace torches pls (screenshoot 7)

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Great job 10/10
1. Why you put a pumpking on the head of the zombies?, if they are not traveling arround superfice is not necesary.
2.im in love with the screenshoot 6
3.do you has a portal travel system?
4.why you has fireworks? (Screenshoot 3)
5. Why you dont has a crosbow?
6.the extreme hils are placing snow in your industries xD pkace torches pls (screenshoot 7)
Thank you!
1. I didn't put it on him, zombies can spawn with a pumpkin on their head during halloween. That's why I kept him, he's special.
2. Thanks
3. Kinda, there's some random portals roaming around in the nether but I don't use it to travel because the districts are nearby anyways
4. To boost my elytra
5. I have one in the screenshot with the pumpkin zombies but I don't use because I want to enchant it first
6. I know, I'll probably get some other lighting system going soon

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
. Kinda, there's some random portals roaming around in the nether but I don't use it to travel because the districts are nearby anyways
Can be usefull for far things like the end portal or some farm than need a lot of space
. I didn't put it on him, zombies can spawn with a pumpkin on their head during halloween. That's why I kept him, he's special.
Oh, i forget xD
4. To boost my elytra
You can use it for turn your crosbow to a granade launcher
. I have one in the screenshot with the pumpkin zombies but I don't use because I want to enchant it first
Multishot and fast charge are very cool but pircing is only usefull on farms

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
In what biome are the mew flowers?
Because i love wither rose
And is very coom for decoration and mapmaking
Cornflower is in plains and probably more biomes
Wither rose is when a wither kills a mob
and the other one is in forests I believe or flower forests

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hey there! I've recently started reading this forum section and I love your weekly posts!
I see myself as a decent builder, so I'll try giving you some feedback. I mainly build Medieval style.
Keep in mind that it's just my opinion, don't take any of this as a rule or a fact :P

Things I like:
About the house in the first screenshot. The path towards it looks nice, I like the little walls with torches on top. Also, the lake looks really natural, lilypads, sugar cane, grass and flowers are a great way to tidy up the nature! The house is small (not too small), but is very nicely decorated with leaves. The block palette is good and fits the medieval style. Also, custom trees. More of them. They're amazing to make the surroundings look hand-made and tidied up.
About the second screenshots, I am not a modern builder at all, so I can't judge that :P
About the sixth screenshot, the place looks really nice and tidied up. I can't really judge the builds from this screenshots, so I might look through your older posts and give some feedback on them later.

Some tips:
About the first screenshot: The roof of the house could be improved in my opinion. The cobblestone outline looks really nice, but the overall shape looks a bit simple. A bit of irregularity could make this build better. Also, adding a chimney (preferably made out of cobblestone in this build) could improve it.
The nature could be a bit improved by adding more green blocks to it. Green concrete powder / green terracotta might be really nice for this. This is just my personal opinion about nature.

I hope this helps you a bit in future builds! Please keep in mind that it is, once again, my personal opinion.
PS: I love your district thing. You watch Hermitcraft too? :P

Reactions: Ruisdier

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
2018-11-05_21.59.58.png
I hope this shows what I meant with the tips in my previous comment. This is just what I think would look nice, you can just as well dislike it :p

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Hey there! I've recently started reading this forum section and I love your weekly posts!
I see myself as a decent builder, so I'll try giving you some feedback. I mainly build Medieval style.
Keep in mind that it's just my opinion, don't take any of this as a rule or a fact :p

Things I like:
About the house in the first screenshot. The path towards it looks nice, I like the little walls with torches on top. Also, the lake looks really natural, lilypads, sugar cane, grass and flowers are a great way to tidy up the nature! The house is small (not too small), but is very nicely decorated with leaves. The block palette is good and fits the medieval style. Also, custom trees. More of them. They're amazing to make the surroundings look hand-made and tidied up.
About the second screenshots, I am not a modern builder at all, so I can't judge that :p
About the sixth screenshot, the place looks really nice and tidied up. I can't really judge the builds from this screenshots, so I might look through your older posts and give some feedback on them later.

Some tips:
About the first screenshot: The roof of the house could be improved in my opinion. The cobblestone outline looks really nice, but the overall shape looks a bit simple. A bit of irregularity could make this build better. Also, adding a chimney (preferably made out of cobblestone in this build) could improve it.
The nature could be a bit improved by adding more green blocks to it. Green concrete powder / green terracotta might be really nice for this. This is just my personal opinion about nature.

I hope this helps you a bit in future builds! Please keep in mind that it is, once again, my personal opinion.
PS: I love your district thing. You watch Hermitcraft too? :p
Thanks
Yeah I watch HermitCraft too that's why I use the same seed and district thing

I like the example you showed, I'm currently busy with a new project that might take the whole week, but I'll keep it in mind

Reactions: Shallidor
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom