Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
This is the story how I went from a complete noob three months ago to 300 wins in solo mode and 1300 kills.

In the end of december 2017 I played Minecraft on the computer for the very first time. I had played the Pocket Edition on my iPhone for some time, and found out about a gamemode called "Lucky Islands" by watching the swedish youtuber "Ufosxm". Watching it really blowed me away, and I just couldn't continue playing rubbish servers on my phone any longer. After seeing 1.9 pvp the spam clicking just felt and looked ridiculous.

So I bought Minecraft Java Edition and soon realized that getting used to the controls will take its time! Building bridges in perticular was terribly hard. I also had to learn the crafting recipes (used the automatic book in PE). My first game in Lucky Islands was a disaster. It was Portal and I never managed to leave my island, spending most of the time trying to craft bread and managing my inventory (without any success)! :D

One thing I love about Lucky Islands is that there is SO MUCH things you can get better at. Like bridging, using the wands and bows, crafting, inventory and hotbar managing, sword duels, learning the maps, finding strategies and so on. Over time I found that I gradually was getting better. After a while I started actually getting kills (getting ONE kill made me happy back then) and after some more time I started winning at times.

After a certain point it wasn't unusal for me to get 3-7 kills/game and to win several games in a row. As I said in the beginning I now have 300+ wins in solo mode and 1300 kills. In team mode I have about 150 wins.

There really is A LOT OF THINGS that I need to get better at, which players like KLOSKA painfully reminds me of now and then as they completely destroys me...!

I have also tried to get into SKYWARS, but for me it's just not that fun to play for the following reasons:
1. Most maps are ugly, flat and the islands are really small
2. I just don't like using lava buckets as a main wepon (or fighting it with water buckets)
3. The overall feeling is more arcade (get your stuff, run and fight, short matches)

I realise a lot of people seem to think Lucky Islands is just crazy luck, but I must disagree. I think there are much more strategic elements in L.I and I like the crafting. In duels there are a lot more weapons to use, which require serious skill to use properly. I love when your are facing off with someone, trying to assess what weapons he might have, deciding what appoach to use.

Sorry for writing a long post!

See you out there!
/Skyfire_swe

Last edited:

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
Very interesting to read your story! This is so similar to my journey and made it very nostalgic for me to read! I agreed with your opinions on 1.9+ and the more strategic feel to Lucky Islands, and @Kloska :). I just can’t seem to find that nostalgia anymore sadly, for some reason, and that made it even more interesting to read! The reason to why I can’t find the nostalgia anymore was likely because I played too much nonstop, and ended up with 1200 solo wins and soon 1000 on team, so yeah, don’t play too much and lose interest. :D

Grattis och lycka till med att få fler vinster! ;)

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I have also tried to get into SKYWARS, but for me it's just not that fun to play for the following reasons:
1. Most maps are ugly, flat and the islands are really small
2. I just don't like using lava buckets as a main wepon (or fighting it with water buckets)
3. The overall feeling is more arcade (get your stuff, run and fight, short matches)
EXACTLY! This is what makes Lucky Islands for a bit unique (I disagree about lava, I mostly just craft lava buckets because players don't expect it and it's so OP ;p

But for everything else: Enjoy the game, enjoy the fun ^^
Good luck (a game where it can come in handy) ;D

Reactions: Skyfire_swe

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
That made me laugh. xD

Unfortunately, my performance in some matches where we've met probably made you laugh as well...! ;)
Frankly, when see you in a game I become so nervous that I make stupid misstakes! :D The other day when I chased you like a stupid fool in "Ducks" my son was wondering what I was doing...

But I am still savouring that glorious day in Blossom where my TNT-wand damaged you a bit before you stepped into a hole and died #undeservedkillpoints

Reactions: Kloska

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
But I am still savouring that glorious day in Blossom where my TNT-wand damaged you a bit before you stepped into a hole and died
I can't remember this.. xd
Sincne I've died over 1600 times on solo I can't really remember any

Reactions: Skyfire_swe

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom