Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
I feel, that muting someone for days is a bit to much, like days not just a day. I know that some of these (many) people have a mouth and can say some pretty nasty things to hurt you. But I think that a mute is more like a warning for the person.
And yes some mutes can only last for a short amount of time witch can see unfair a lot of the time. Also another reason is, that they might of just made a stunning appeal. Witch is possible.

I don't think upping the mute for any longer would be a good decision to make. -1
Oh god, debate mode: on.
1. He wasn't appealed, it said punishment expired.
2. You said that the ban should be 1 day
QUOTE="SpinZepz, post: 786964, member: 146874"]like days not just a day[/QUOTE]
You basically say that it should be a day, so you're agreeing that it should be longer.
3. It's WHICH not WITCH

You can't just say -1 if you literally agree.

U

Unipotato

It depends on how bad the word or phrase was. It also depends on what rank the person has. (Sometimes the rank matters.)

Ranks don't matter for anything. Just because you donated money doesn't mean that you're going to get treated specially or differently.

I feel, that muting someone for days is a bit to much, like days not just a day. I know that some of these (many) people have a mouth and can say some pretty nasty things to hurt you. But I think that a mute is more like a warning for the person.
And yes some mutes can only last for a short amount of time witch can see unfair a lot of the time. Also another reason is, that they might of just made a stunning appeal. Witch is possible.

I don't think upping the mute for any longer would be a good decision to make. -1

It takes time to type a message, it's not like talking when you just blurt anything out, you are conscious the whole time you are typing whatever you're going to say. It's common sense not to be rude to people, nothing should change just because you're hiding behind a keyboard. You are aware of what you say and type to others. You have the choice of doing it or not.

Reactions: The Crowbar

RushRush

May 27, 2016
And yes staff can be quite lenient towards rule breakers, not sure why, maybe it depends on their mood at the time?
Lenient?? No, the let people go. My friends hack for 6 months straight and they have never gotten banned. I mean obvious hacks (no slow down, auto eat, fly, blink)

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
mutes arent too short as in right now i feel that 50% of muted people are muted from jking with their friends, Mutes are too strict and i still think some rules should change and if anyone is going to tell me "it doesnt matter its the rules" keep it for yourselfs staff wannabes

Reactions: DragonSan

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
Ranks don't matter for anything. Just because you donated money doesn't mean that you're going to get treated specially or differently.

It takes time to type a message, it's not like talking when you just blurt anything out, you are conscious the whole time you are typing whatever you're going to say. It's common sense not to be rude to people, nothing should change just because you're hiding behind a keyboard. You are aware of what you say and type to others. You have the choice of doing it or not.
That is true.
But why do you get people muted when they arent bypassing but only joking with their own friends? as in "you fatty" and then they would receive a warning for "bullying" when its 2 best friends talking to each other. Imo people should only be allowed to report when whatever is being said is aimed at them and only at them.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
That is true.
But why do you get people muted when they arent bypassing but only joking with their own friends? as in "you fatty" and then they would receive a warning for "bullying" when its 2 best friends talking to each other. Imo people should only be allowed to report when whatever is being said is aimed at them and only at them.
I think this you're completely right.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
That is true.
I just can't possibly figure out who you might be reffering to... : P

But yeah about this topic, I half agree and half disagree:

I agree that the first mute should be for a bit longer than a day - maybe 2 or three days just so the offender knows he or she has actually been muted and to deter them from offending again more effectively.

I don't agree that mutes in general are too short because the rules governing them are already strict enough as it is. Each mute stacks meaning you can quickly find yourself with a permanent mute if you're unfortunate enough to be caught red handed twice.

I say 'unfortunate' because you can literally enter any lobby of Cubecraft and if you wait a short while there will always be some salty kid bypassing the chat filter and swearing like a champ, and 9 times outta 10 there'd be no staff members around to slap his or her wrists, so to speak. Not that I'm complaining at the staff or anything, I get they have better things to do.

'But Drag, why don't you just report them?'

Well my good friend,
1) I'm lazy and the process can be a bit of a pain in the neck, all just to report something I'm not even offended by.

2) I'm muted so I can't give warnings anymore even if I wanted to.

3) People swear - It's a fact of life. Hell, in England you can't walk down the street without someone dropping the f-bomb. Maybe it's not 'nice to hear' but so what, words can only hurt or offend you if you let them.

4) If it's not targetted towards me or my friends, why should I care?

But anyways, back on topic. I'd suggest to make the first offence punishment a little harsher, but keep the other stackable punishments afterwards either more lenient or the same as it is now...

...but of course I would say that, being a mute myself : P

Last edited:
Reactions: LoadzAF

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
I just can't possibly figure out who you could might be reffering to... : P

But yeah about this topic, I half agree and half disagree:

I agree that the first mute should be for a bit longer than a day - maybe 2 or three days just so the offender knows he or she has actually been muted and to deter them from offending again more effectively.

I don't agree that mutes in general are too short because the rules governing them are already strict enough as it is. Each mute stacks meaning you can quickly find yourself with a permanent mute if you're unfortunate enough to be caught red handed twice.

I say 'unfortunate' because you can literally enter any lobby of Cubecraft and if you wait a short while there will always be some salty kid bypassing the chat filter and swearing like a champ, and 9 times outta 10 there'd be no staff members around to slap his or her wrists, so to speak. Not that I'm complaining at the staff or anything, I get they have better things to do.

'But Drag, why don't you just report them?'

Well my good friend,
1) I'm lazy and the process can be a bit of a pain in the neck, all just to report something I'm not even offended by.

2) I'm muted so I can't give warnings anymore even if I wanted to.

3) People swear - It's a fact of life. Hell, in England you can't walk down the street without someone dropping the f-bomb. Maybe it's not 'nice to hear' but so what, words can only hurt or offend you if you let them.

4) If it's not targetted towards me or my friends, why should I care?

But anyways, back on topic. I'd suggest to make the first offence punishment a little harsher, but keep the other stackable punishments afterwards either more lenient or the same as it is now...

...but of course I would say that, being a mute myself : P
it wasnt only aimed at you but aimed towards like 3 of my old friends that do not play on the server anymore...

Reactions: DragonSan

Pwy_

Mar 5, 2017
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A
One night I was playing egg wars, and someone was extremely nasty to me, so I reported them. The next day I came back from school and immediately check my reports like I always do, and I see that my report was accepted. Just for extra satisfaction, I look in appeals for their name and then I look and see: "Punishment Expired." No way! I checked if they used my report to mute them and they did. So you're telling me that mutes last 12 hours? I live in New York. I came back from school at 3 (8 in England). If you start going through reports when you wake up, which is, let's say 6, the mute will be less than 14 hours! That guy might have not even known that he was muted!

P. S. Also, a lot of my reports have been denied recently ,even though reports in which the hackers' hacks weren't as intense were accepted. You should definitely be careful about false-banning, but this is not the time to be too careful. Many people are leaving the server. I'm not the typical "we need an anti-cheat!" person, but, I'm just saying, start being more strict.

I am pretty sure if this person does this again, gets reported, and have the report accepted then the person will most likely get a bigger punishment.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
Please dont necropost this includes your winky face emoji alone
That wasn't necroposting - it was 13 days after the last post.
Just like this is 13 days after the last post.
"Necroposting" is only 2 weeks or more between messages.
If you have nothing better to do than be a little "forums hero" and look around for "necroposting" just get off the forums. Please.

U

Unipotato

If you have nothing better to do than be a little "forums hero" and look around for "necroposting" just get off the forums. Please.

For some people, it has been 14 days because of time zones. No need to be rude.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
First of all you read that wrong, necroposting is not just over 14 days its also single things that do not contribute to the post in his case the winky face emoji is necroposting becayse its not contributing to anything
For some people, it has been 14 days because of time zones. No need to be rude.
Theres that to, to consider
okay that isnt "necropost" and if you're here to be a staff wannabe then leave.
read the rules again "single posts such as ok cool ect" is necroposting in my case emojis with no text count unless its banterous

@LoadzAF @The Crowbar also im not a staff wannabe, im not tryharding, im not trying to be hero, just because im not staff dosent mean i cant tell anyone what staff expects of us especially to new members, what im saying is dont shoot the messanger if you have problem yell at staff not me

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
First of all you read that wrong, necroposting is not just over 14 days its also single things that do not contribute to the post in his case the winky face emoji is necroposting becayse its not contributing to anything

Theres that to, to consider

read the rules again "single posts such as ok cool ect" is necroposting in my case emojis with no text count unless its banterous

@LoadzAF @The Crowbar also im not a staff wannabe, im not tryharding, im not trying to be hero, just because im not staff dosent mean i cant tell anyone what staff expects of us especially to new members, what im saying is dont shoot the messanger if you have problem yell at staff not me
nobody shot the messenger we already know how it works so no need to be a staff wannabe here since you cant even compare 2 different situations

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom