Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone! I've a new suggestion! :)

Discord Music Bot
I tought it would be fun the listen to songs and sing songs with the cubecraft community.
Maybe CCG can add a bot channel to type in the commands to play a song and 1 or 2 music channels.
I think it's also fun to add a channel where you can share your favorite songs and albums.

Rythm and Groovy are really good music bots, but maybe its better to make their own one.

Only staff and nitro booster will have access to the bot. I think it’s a good idea to add a song-suggestion channel where players can suggest songs (turned on the cooldown chat mode). All of the players have access to the channel where you can share your favourite songs and albums.

I hope you like my idea!
Have a nice day!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pineapple

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
What @ElementThink said, people might abuse it. Also moderating a channel with musicbot commands will give staff more unneeded work. It's a no for me sorry.
I don't think so. It's nothing more than a music channel (wich is the same as the other channels but made for music). And if they make it punishable to send/play inappropriate videos, it should be fine. If it's punishable, people can just tell staff in staff-help.

And if this is not possible, maybe they can make their own bot.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I voted maybe. I believe that this way too easily abused as most bots just play any video on YouTube they can find. I feel if this is implemented I don’t think all 25k people will use it for good. Maybe if it were only nitro boosters/staff that could use.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't think so. It's nothing more than a music channel (wich is the same as the other channels but made for music). And if they make it punishable to send/play inappropriate videos, it should be fine. If it's punishable, people can just tell staff in staff-help.

And if this is not possible, maybe they can make their own bot.
Bit still it will take staff more time to look into it and it is a really easily abusable feature.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Okay, I see most of you say this might be a good suggestion for nitro boosters so I will edit my thread. I understand it might be hard to moderate inappropriate videos and songs.

Djatu

Novice Member
Jun 29, 2020
Yeah, as stated above, people could play inappropriate songs/audio clips via a traditional music bot. Maybe they could add a bot that acts similar to a radio - all the songs would be approved beforehand and people could just join the channel it's in and listen. Nitro boosters would be able to request songs but they'd have to be approved before being added to the bot.

Reactions: Quis

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This would be a bad idea in my opinion. First of all: abuse. So many people will abuse this feature. People will play innapropiate audio via the bots. It also would be very hard to moderate this. A staff member would need to look who requested the song. And punish afterhand. A song also usually lasts for about 4 minutes, if there is no staff available then the offender can get away with it.
Secondly: people usually just want to chat in voice calls, and music can be very annoying if you are focused on the game. People also havy different styles of music they like.

I just don't think that there is a fit for a music bot on cubecraft.
If you want to listen to music, then you always can listen on spotify or another music app. And if you want to listen in a group then make your own discord server with music bots and invite your friends to it.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I know that a lot of people like listening to music. But you can use Spotify or SoundCloud instead!

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I agree with the people above me. I have experience with music bots on small servers and it was terrible. People abuse the bot to earrape and moderation is quite hard here. So I vote no.

Reactions: Zathelas
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations and welcome back!
Lyriie wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations and welcome to the team!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations and welcome to the team!
Kazwa wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the team! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the team! ^^
Top Bottom