Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ICYENDER

Oct 12, 2019
We need more moderation. Every skywars round I go into (bedrock edition). I see hackers left and right. And nothing gets done about it. "Blah Blah Blah is always watching " well that's a freaking lie. WE NEED MORE MODERATION!!!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Although your motivations for writing this suggestion thread are correct. I think you're failing to understand how moderation happens in a server like CubeCraft. It is very hard to find the correct candidates that are fit for the time and responsibility it takes to be a member of staff in the server. I don't know if many people apply, but it's evident not many are adequate for the job. They have tried changing the requirements a bit, lowering the minimum amount of handled reports and raising the minimum age. But it is very much evident that the staff team isn't large enough to fully support the needs of a server as popular as Cubecraft.

I have suggested in the past that the recruitment team should reach out more to people instead of waiting until one or two good candidates appear. But my suggestion wasn't heard. I don't know why, they have their reasons I guess.

In conclusion, I do agree that perhaps the staff team should be larger and there should be a larger presence on the Bedrock server. Because as far as I know, all staff members mainly play on Java Edition. While Bedrock is supposedly the most popular one and requires more attention. But you cannot force them to play on Bedrock only, they're volunteers after all. I understand your motivations, and I think the feeling is mutual. But I invite you to appreciate the hard work the staff team does for the server every single day. The staff team will keep growing, don't worry. The anticheat will keep improving. And I'm confident that the Cubecraft experience will improve day by day.

xBl1tzx

Jun 3, 2016
Although your motivations for writing this suggestion thread are correct. I think you're failing to understand how moderation happens in a server like CubeCraft. It is very hard to find the correct candidates that are fit for the time and responsibility it takes to be a member of staff in the server. I don't know if many people apply, but it's evident not many are adequate for the job. They have tried changing the requirements a bit, lowering the minimum amount of handled reports and raising the minimum age. But it is very much evident that the staff team isn't large enough to fully support the needs of a server as popular as Cubecraft.

I have suggested in the past that the recruitment team should reach out more to people instead of waiting until one or two good candidates appear. But my suggestion wasn't heard. I don't know why, they have their reasons I guess.

In conclusion, I do agree that perhaps the staff team should be larger and there should be a larger presence on the Bedrock server. Because as far as I know, all staff members mainly play on Java Edition. While Bedrock is supposedly the most popular one and requires more attention. But you cannot force them to play on Bedrock only, they're volunteers after all. I understand your motivations, and I think the feeling is mutual. But I invite you to appreciate the hard work the staff team does for the server every single day. The staff team will keep growing, don't worry. The anticheat will keep improving. And I'm confident that the Cubecraft experience will improve day by day.
The same counts for java edition. Just 28 staff members for 3k players every day?
I know some servers that has 100 players each day who has more staff members than that.
It seems like the management team just ignores most of our suggestions.
Every year the same season appears for Halloween, Easter, Christmas all the same.
Always 50% off ranks always a other bundle with useless cages and whatever egg break kill messages.
When are we going to get something original?
Those Christmas hunts or pumpkin hunts are every year the same and won't change a bit.
That's why the server is going downhill.

Reactions: elchuii

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
I know some servers that has 100 players each day who has more staff members than that.
Looks like someone hasn't heard of quality over quantity yet. You can find many 100 player servers where 50 are staff, but good luck finding one where all/almost all of them are GOOD staff members.

When are we going to get something original?
If you want something new so much, maybe give some ideas of what.

That's why the server is going downhill.
Yeah, the server hitting the player cap like 1 month ago and having more players than 1 year ago is obviously a sign of going downhill.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Looks like someone hasn't heard of quality over quantity yet. You can find many 100 player servers where 50 are staff, but good luck finding one where all/almost all of them are GOOD staff members.
Well the problem is, they search for to much quality. Keanu applied, there is literally no reason not to accept him and he got denied. Helper rank is a trail, but they treat it as if you have to get promoted to moderator if you’re helper. They’re short on Moderators, but they still barely accept people that are qualified or should be tested if they’re qualified.

EDIT:
I also feel like Animal or other Moderators should go to players and ask if they want to get helper. Elivat has been a consistent member around here, helps players and I can’t see any reason as to why he wouldn’t fit into the staffteam. But he has to agree with joining though :).

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Well the problem is, they search for to much quality.
To be honest, i agree. They should be a bit less harsh in their criteria, since the point of helper for them is to really see how good of staff member they would be, and since they have no real powers like banning people, there would be no harm in inviting more players for helper, and if the people they choose are being bad at their job they can just revoke their helper status. But my point was some servers just invite a ton of people to mod without even seeing if they are suitable, and that results in a really bad staff team.
I also feel like Animal or other Moderators should go to players and ask if they want to get helper.
Yep, instead of waiting arround for volunteers they should reach out more to people they think are suitable to be staff members, as long as they agree of course.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You know, like staffs can't just be on for all time, that's not a problem I mean I'm not gonna force people to be online forever to make sure people can just play on Cube in a normal way. And yes there are staffs who are online very much, but that's their decision, you cannot just always expect staffs to respond in a second or to be online 24/7.

That's why players can report and it's actually pretty useful as well, except for the hackers that come back on an ALT or different IP but that's something else to talk about. Reporting people is actually important as well so you can play without hackers or other rule breakers, don't get me wrong because you're not forced to report, absolutely not, but it'd be nice if you do it :) (you can report for Bedrock right here)

And by the way, yes, they need more Mods imo. They are very low on Mods right now but that's fortunately not my job that's Animal's.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Well the problem is, they search for to much quality. Keanu applied, there is literally no reason not to accept him and he got denied. Helper rank is a trail, but they treat it as if you have to get promoted to moderator if you’re helper. They’re short on Moderators, but they still barely accept people that are qualified or should be tested if they’re qualified.

EDIT:
I also feel like Animal or other Moderators should go to players and ask if they want to get helper. Elivat has been a consistent member around here, helps players and I can’t see any reason as to why he wouldn’t fit into the staffteam. But he has to agree with joining though :).
I agree with this sentiment and have said it millions of times; the fact that 95% of Helpers get Moderator is wrong and shows that its not being issued the way it was meant. People should be getting demoted out of Helper, because then its doing its job as a role, not only is it training but its a trial, some hirees will be surprising and some will be disappointing, thats the way of life. The only way more staff will come in is if we make the gate wider. (in my opinion)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

EDIT:

Agreed although there have been some very bad choices in the past (still are) that have made Animal cautious of who she picks. But I feel like she is being to cautious.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Well the problem is, they search for to much quality. Keanu applied, there is literally no reason not to accept him and he got denied.
There is one reason (I don't agree with this) : his age. I know that he's 15 , so he does meet the requirements. But I feel like they don't accept people who meet the requirements just a little. 100 messages is enough, but who got staff with just over 100 messages? Ofcourse you can't really be involved in the community with just 100 messages, but I still feel like these requirements don't mean anything, and that you should have double the requirements in order to have a chance in becoming Helper. Which makes me wonder why they lowered the requirements , with the current system (only accepting the best). The lowered requirements would only make sense if they use this system:
The only way more staff will come in is if we make the gate wider.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
There is one reason (I don't agree with this) : his age. I know that he's 15 , so he does meet the requirements. But I feel like they don't accept people who meet the requirements just a little. 100 messages is enough, but who got staff with just over 100 messages? Ofcourse you can't really be involved in the community with just 100 messages, but I still feel like these requirements don't mean anything, and that you should have double the requirements in order to have a chance in becoming Helper. Which makes me wonder why they lowered the requirements , with the current system (only accepting the best). The lowered requirements would only make sense if they use this system:
I’ve never been in favor of lowering the requirements. I was more talking about the skills to become a helper :p. Some people just fit right into it, I think Keanu is one of those. If it was up to me I would’ve said at least 500 messages, 6 months activity, 250 reports and at least 15 years old and rather even 16 years. Keanu meets most of these requirements, his mentality is also great for in a team. There is basically no reason not to hire him except for his punishment track, which also has a false punishment in it and the real punishments were a long time ago.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve never been in favor of lowering the requirements. I was more talking about the skills to become a helper :p. Some people just fit right into it, I think Keanu is one of those. If it was up to me I would’ve said at least 500 messages, 6 months activity, 250 reports and at least 15 years old and rather even 16 years. Keanu meets most of these requirements, his mentality is also great for in a team. There is basically no reason not to hire him except for his punishment track, which also has a false punishment in it and the real punishments were a long time ago.

I know TONS of people who were denied along with Keanu who are perfect for the job and Cube acts like they're so desperate for helpers and no one is applying. When the fact is their being WAY too picky. They should be careful but this is ridiculous tbh.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I know TONS of people who were denied along with Keanu who are perfect for the job and Cube acts like they're so desperate for helpers and no one is applying. When the fact is their being WAY too picky. They should be careful but this is ridiculous tbh.
Yes, I think they should realize that even though no one is perfect I’m sure that in the spirit of joining the staff-team people change and improve themselves. And if not, that’s what the helper rank is for, what could go so wrong with kicking out a helper.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
They should make Helper a learning trial, instead of considering a Helper a fully experienced staff member.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I know TONS of people who were denied along with Keanu who are perfect for the job
The thing is; you dont know who is perfect for the job, you dont have any of the research done by the recruitment team, again, the people you are thinking about are probably good picks but you dont know 100% that they are.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
The thing is; you dont know who is perfect for the job, you dont have any of the research done by the recruitment team, again, the people you are thinking about are probably good picks but you dont know 100% that they are.
Well that's 50% of the Helper role imo. Finding out if the person is perfect for the job. If the person isn't; demote the person. If the person is; promote the person.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

If you know so much why don’t you suggest something.

Well that's 50% of the Helper role imo. Finding out if the person is perfect for the job. If the person isn't; demote the person. If the person is; promote the person.

^^^^^

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Top Bottom