• Yes

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

feferino

Feb 12, 2017
Around the computer
i think this right now is very good, but there are new players who learned PvP on 1.9 so i think we should continue in this rytme and slowly push to 1.12 beacuse revealing old combat is not good, i mean 1.8 was released about 2 years ago, i think we shouldn't go back. What i think is we should stay up to date with today versions of MC beacuse some players don't even remember 1.8 combat, and up to dating will make this server biggest server on today combat (1.12)
Recommending you who really love 1.8 combat: you don't need to play games which have 1.9 combat. You can stay and play Skywars, Eggwars and 1.8 duels and FFA arenas. For now i think its the best way to do it :)

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Recommending you who really love 1.8 combat: you don't need to play games which have 1.9 combat. You can stay and play Skywars, Eggwars and 1.8 duels and FFA arenas. For now i think its the best way to do it :)
Bruh, you can't do 1.8 combat on 1.9, it just doesn't feel right, in a few ways

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
i think this right now is very good, but there are new players who learned PvP on 1.9 so i think we should continue in this rytme and slowly push to 1.12 beacuse revealing old combat is not good, i mean 1.8 was released about 2 years ago, i think we shouldn't go back. What i think is we should stay up to date with today versions of MC beacuse some players don't even remember 1.8 combat, and up to dating will make this server biggest server on today combat (1.12)
Yeah but the 1.8/1.7 community is bigger than 1.9. Im just saying that other games should have a option to play in 1.8 because why not.

Jul 4, 2017
Yeah but the 1.8/1.7 community is bigger than 1.9. Im just saying that other games should have a option to play in 1.8 because why not.

Because it takes a lot of effort and the 1.8 community is not what Cubecraft wants as their main audience.

Cube craft should attract that community to the server

And Cubecraft should not attract that community to their server; they should let it die or keep it isolated to its own server base, so that we can finally move on from this pvp debate and just have servers use the current version.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
And Cubecraft should not attract that community to their server; they should let it die or keep it isolated to its own server base, so that we can finally move on from this pvp debate and just have servers use the current version.
I don't think the 1.8 community will change to 1.9 combat soon :L Mostly people play on 1.8 combat, and I don't think they would like 1.9 combat because its such a big change

EDIT: Nearly half of the minecraft community logged onto hypixel at some point, and hypixel is 1.8 combat, so most of minecraft are behind 1.8 (maybe)

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Because it takes a lot of effort and the 1.8 community is not what Cubecraft wants as their main audience.

You are really closed minded arnt you? First of all the only reason that 1.8 community isnt the main audience is that almost all the games are 1.9 based. I dont think you understand that atleast half the community still uses 1.8 as their prefers version. Its not like its small and it will just die. People will just go to other servers too play what they want. I also hate too keep bringing this up but Im not asking to remove 1.9 as a option just add 1.8 as a option. Its not really hard.

Jul 4, 2017
I don't think the 1.8 community will change to 1.9 combat soon :L Mostly people play on 1.8 combat, and I don't think they would like 1.9 combat because its such a big change

EDIT: Nearly half of the minecraft community logged onto hypixel at some point, and hypixel is 1.8 combat, so most of minecraft are behind 1.8 (maybe)

About half of Hyp's current, constant population uses 1.8; the "half of minecraft's players have joined Hyp at some point" is misleading, because a large number who have joined never stayed on the server, and another large number are hackers. It's statistically illogical to extrapolate the opinions over combat preferences to what % of people have ever joined a particular server that currently only supports 1.8.

All that besides the fact that there's also a significant number of people who like both combat styles just as well as the other (or dislike both), and thus changing from one to the other wouldn't bother them.

And I'm not expecting all the 1.8/1.7 people to change. I'm saying we shouldn't make more servers backtrack to 1.8 because we don't want an old version of the game to grow; we want 1.8 to be sterilized to a certain group of servers and stay there.

Reactions: Luzario
Jul 4, 2017
You are really closed minded arnt you? First of all the only reason that 1.8 community isnt the main audience is that almost all the games are 1.9 based. I dont think you understand that atleast half the community still uses 1.8 as their prefers version. Its not like its small and it will just die. People will just go to other servers too play what they want.

Right, they will go to other servers; they should get off of 1.12 servers and deal with what they have. You don't need Cubecraft.

The reason the games are 1.9-based is because 1.9+ is the audience Cubecraft decided to target, not the other way around. And please, for the last time, give me the statistic that says that half of all Minecraft Java players prefer 1.8 combat.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
About half of Hyp's current, constant population uses 1.8; the "half of minecraft's players have joined Hyp at some point" is misleading, because a large number who have joined never stayed on the server, and another large number are hackers. It's statistically illogical to extrapolate the opinions over combat preferences to what % of people have ever joined a particular server that currently only supports 1.8.

All that besides the fact that there's also a significant number of people who like both combat styles just as well as the other (or dislike both), and thus changing from one to the other wouldn't bother them.

And I'm not expecting all the 1.8/1.7 people to change. I'm saying we shouldn't make more servers backtrack to 1.8 because we don't want an old version of the game to grow; we want 1.8 to be sterilized to a certain group of servers and stay there.
I really think mojang made a mistake in making 1.9 combat, but thats a long time ago :L, anyways, I agree with you now. I say if the big servers move on, minecraft multiplayer will be more advanced and have more and fun mini games! But in the end, I will never like 1.9 combat the way I like 1.8.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Right, they will go to other servers; they should get off of 1.12 servers and deal with what they have. You don't need Cubecraft.

The reason the games are 1.9-based is because 1.9+ is the audience Cubecraft decided to target, not the other way around. And please, for the last time, give me the statistic that says that half of all Minecraft Java players prefer 1.8 combat.
oh goodness... Im not asking to switch too 1.8 im asking too add a version that allows people to play in 1.8. This would allow everyone who plays 1.9 too still play while allowing people who want too play in 1.8 too do so. Prove that more players play in 1.9 than 1.8 if you want to argue that. You have no evicence on your side.

Jul 4, 2017
oh goodness... Im not asking to switch too 1.8 im asking too add a version that allows people to play in 1.8. This would allow everyone who plays 1.9 too still play while allowing people who want too play in 1.8 too do so. Prove that more players play in 1.9 than 1.8 if you want to argue that. You have no evicence on your side.

You're the one making the claim that half of all of Minecraft plays 1.8; prove that to be true. Mojang Java employees have stated that the current version of Minecraft has the vast majority of players at any given time.

I know that's not what you're asking; I'm saying that servers that don't currently support an old version of the game shouldn't start supporting the old version; it only increases the spread of 1.8 and isn't necessary anyways because there's a bajillion 1.8 servers.

And if Cubecraft is really the only server in the universe that has the game you want to play, that sucks; it's almost like only Hive has TIMV, only Hypixel has Walls and a good BedWars, and only Brawl has a good CTF, but I can't play any of those cuz they're all still on 1.8. So I would only be willing to see Cubecraft add 1.8 support to more of its games if Hive, Hypixel, and Brawl all started making their servers have 1.12 versions... and even then I don't see the need for a server that's already in the current version to backtrack to 1.8; it should be allowed to die or stagnate.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
You're the one making the claim that half of all of Minecraft plays 1.8; prove that to be true. Mojang Java employees have stated that the current version of Minecraft has the vast majority of players at any given time.

I know that's not what you're asking; I'm saying that servers that don't currently support an old version of the game shouldn't start supporting the old version; it only increases the spread of 1.8 and isn't necessary anyways because there's a bajillion 1.8 servers.

And if Cubecraft is really the only server in the universe that has the game you want to play, that sucks; it's almost like only Hive has TIMV, only Hypixel has Walls and a good BedWars, and only Brawl has a good CTF, but I can't play any of those cuz they're all still on 1.8. So I would only be willing to see Cubecraft add 1.8 support to more of its games if Hive, Hypixel, and Brawl all started making their servers have 1.12 versions... and even then I don't see the need for a server that's already in the current version to backtrack to 1.8; it should be allowed to die or stagnate.
You mean like the tweet that disappeared?

Again your closed minded you saying that you want a game mode that a large chunk of mc community still supports to die because you dont like it? The reason why I want some of these games too be added into 1.8 is because It would undoubtly grow the network and because they were my favorites before they switched too 1.9.

cubecraft has unique games lol.

Jul 4, 2017
You mean like the tweet that disappeared?

Again your closed minded you saying that you want a game mode that a large chunk of mc community still supports to die because you dont like it? The reason why I want some of these games too be added into 1.8 is because It would undoubtly grow the network and because they were my favorites before they switched too 1.9.

cubecraft has unique games lol.

I don't want it to die simply because I don't like it; I want it to stop being brought to current-version servers because it's a 2-year-old version of the game, 4 versions behind (about to be 5), and unnecessary.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I don't want it to die simply because I don't like it; I want it to stop being brought to current-version servers because it's a 2-year-old version of the game, 4 versions behind (about to be 5), and unnecessary.
Yeah but you have too understand that a lot of people still like the old versions.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
CubeCraft community is the pretty much the same on 1.8 and 1.9, I think 1.8 is a pretty big part of cubecraft, But I also think that 1.9 is a big part of CubeCraft, I don't really know how to add more 1.8 pvp as if you log on in 1.9, You stay in all 1.8 games as skywars, eggwars etc. There is no need to add more 1.8 pvp as it's not needed, -1 for me, Sorry!
Thanks!
FactionsAustin!

F

Facelurite

1.8 should either be killed on cubecraft , or be isolated . 1.9 , 1.10 and 1.11 must also be isolated with only the current major release being supported .

My point is , cubecraft cannot compete against 1.8 servers , Hypixel's bedwars or their skywars. Everything on cubecraft , maps to games are more suited for 1.9 combat . Have you compared Hypixel's maps to Cube's? They are perfect for 1.8.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom