Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Same... my fav game was hour glass. I don't them to remove the new games, just add the old ones with some updates.

Reactions: Iggleboz

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Agree, I’m currently not happy with some new games. (Wing rush/Line dash). The rest of it is ok. But I prever the old arcade games back. They were better and got more attention, than we have now. Sometimes I just want to play arcade. Oh there are only 3 players in this lobby and this is the only lobby for now. So I can’t play it because it’s just dead, same as UHC. The games might be unpopular, but that doesn’t say the games aren’t fun. So Ye I want the old arcade back. Also the old lobby, because now every lobby is exactly the same and that’s ugly.

So you get a +1 from me

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I miss the old arcade games. But I really enjoy playing layer spleef and wing rush now.

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Interesting... I was actually feeling extremely nostalgic yesterday for classic Arcade. I was thinking about the old Arcade lobby, familiar faces and old friends that used to hang out and chat, play some Arcade games, then chat and laugh some more. It was actually something I really looked forward to as part of my daily routine.

I also miss the classic Arcade games. I like many of the changes to Arcade, but I strongly feel it needs to be tweaked. I actually preferred the old paintball. While I have tried them, I don't play the other Arcade games at all. And spleef... hmm I like Layer Spleef a lot, but definitely miss some of the old spleef games, namely Pizza, Arena, and Spiral.

Not sure how these classic spleef games could be incorporated into Layer Spleef or even in the Arcade, but I think it would add value if it were added somehow. Possibly another statue called "Classic Spleef", for example, where you can choose between Pizza, Arena, and Spiral in the pre-game lob.

As for other classic Arcade games, such as QuakeCraft, surely we could just have them on their own so we've got more games to choose from.

Also, it would be great if we can get some issues fixed, such as lagback and the win effects. Not sure if they have been fixed because I stopped going on CC for a while. And, when I am on, I just loiter and/or go AFK. I'm sure in time Arcade will be tweaked to be the best it can be... hopefully Arcade won't be old news by the time it does! :(

Anyway, I saw the title of the post and felt compelled to get some stuff off my chest and give some support.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I have promised myself to stop with my complaining about the old Arcade, but I´m going to post this anyway. I´m still thinking about the old Arcade. It´s such a good memory for me. I still miss my old friends. They all left when cube upgraded Arcade. It´s exactly a half year ago now and I think now it´s the time to evaluate this new Arcade 2.0.

Before anyone thinks I don´t love the new current Arcade 2.0 you are wrong. I love the new Arcade and I really like the throphy system. As some people of you know I love the games Wingrush, Line Dash and Layer Spleef, but I miss some games. I miss Quakecraft ofcourse and I miss Super Craft Bros. I´m not the only one who misses those games. Look at these thread for example made by @Sophie and look at the voting result:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/i-think-its-time-to-reinstate-quakecraft.193851/page-2

32 people liked that post and I'm sure most of those 32 people wants Quakecraft back. I play Arcade everyday and I still meet people who ask the following questions:

"Where is Quakecraft?"
"Where is Super Smash Bros?"
"Where can I play Pizza Spleef?"
"I thought there was also a game called Hourglass. I want to play that game"
"Where is Hide & Seek?"

And so on, and so on. Over the past half year I saw good suggestions for bringing those games back. But sometimes I get the feeling Cube doesn't even bother about Arcade. I think they forgot about it. Yes, I know Cube is really busy at the moment trying to keep the community happy with updates, but please. If you are working at something for Arcade just say it to us. We don't want to know when you are done. We only want to know that you are working on it. Simple as that. We Arcade people (40+ members that plays everyday on Arcade) wants to be heard too. Please listen to us. Try to listen to us in general by the way. Many people left Cube, because they are getting the feeling they aren't heard. Oh and don't come with answers with: We must look at the future so we don't want to add old games. Well at this moment you aren't looking at the future when it comes to Arcade, because you have left us in the dark for like a half a year, because you aren't telling us if you are ever going to upgrade Arcade with new games yes or no.

A long time ago I made a Quakecraft suggestion too together with @CyberAutumn:

I have a very good friend of mine, @PerryJ, and he is in love with QuakeCraft. I can feel his grief as to when it was taken away. He has sent this message to a head admin, but I think it should be shared with everyone! It contains many map and power up ideas for QuakeCraft!
Here is what it says:
Alrighty. So one of my ideas is that your team’s gonna make some cool new maps for Quakecraft. My first map idea is Haunted Mansion. No. This is not an Halloween Theme. In the middle of the map you have a Haunted Mansion and around that mansion you have a garden/graveyard.

Let’s start with the Haunted Mansion itself. On the first floor you have a big room and a big stair that goes upstairs. On the first floor you can go to a somewhat smaller spooky room on your left and on your right.

On the second floor you have several other spooky rooms and a creepy bathroom. You have 1 big room on the second floor with a balcony where u can jump down into the garden/graveyard. In the garden/graveyard you can hide and snipe your enemies behind several graves. No worries. You can go back to the Haunted Mansion if you walk to the frontdoor of the mansion. In this map It’s nighttime what makes it hard seeing each other. Ofcourse you have lightsourses such is torches, fire, glowstone etc. I came up with this idea thanks to the game Luigi’s Mansion.

Next map idea. Amphitheater. This map has a big field in the middle. The arena. Around that field there are several corridors where u can walk. To make it interesting you can put up some old ruin pillars to make it harder to run all the time. Also u can hide behind those pillars to snipe your enemies. If you are at the end of the corridors you can go to the tribune where u must walk through old and broken chairs. You can also snipe your enemies that are fighting below at the arena part of the map (Sapphire based map). Daytime is the best for this map. I came up with this idea thanks to the Colloseum in Rome, Italy.

Next map idea. Nether. Although it doesn't sound that original I like it when we have very different maps for this game. I don't have any ideas yet how to discribe this map yet, but I was thinking of the Skybridge structure from the old Quakecraft. You have several bridges that leads you to the middel of the map. Below the bridges you have lava. When you fall into the lava you spawn back to a spawnlocation on the map. It's the same methode as in Skybridge, but then Nether Style with volcano's, fire, lava etc etc.

These are some of my ideas for Quakecraft 2.0. I hope this is an inspiration for you and your buildteam. If you don't like my ideas I don't mind ofcourse. Maybe you already have some great ideas how to improve Quakecraft if you want to add this game back that is ofcourse. Please let me know if you like it or not.

I am so in love with these ideas! It is absolutely amazing!

For my own ideas,

TNT Run Map: The map name is Vortex. It has three layers, like all other maps. It can be detailed around the rim however the builders like, but the TNT Run part itself is what I want to design. It is in an oval shape, having sides crook out in different directions. There can be added detail, if anyone would like. The first layer has a random, jetting out design. The second is a smaller version of the oval-based one, and then the third, the actual oval. I am taking it to be night time, since no other Arcade games have night time enabled!
TNT Run Powerups: I like all the other new powerups in the new Arcade games, speed boost, invisibility, etc, but what about things you can actually use to your advantage? Let's give this one a try: Twin Layer. Twin Layer, in my idea, is like the Water Shoes in the Lava Melting game in the new Spleef. Instead of breaking blocks, it adds blocks. It can be used for 10 seconds. It gives the game another fun boost!

QuakeCraft Map: I love QuakeCraft with all my heart. It is my most favorite game! I am so upset to see it go. So, if it is brought back, here is my opinion for a new map! It is called Jungle! Jungle is, like the name, a jungle. It has different sized trees, all connected by birch and stone bridges. The map is the size as the original map Castle, but not merely the same. There can be extra details, if anyone would like.

More Quakecraft ideas about items:

Common items:

Invisible --> For 4 seconds u are invisible.
Mitrailleur --> For 4 seconds u can shoot without the cooldown function.
Slow Turtle --> For 4 seconds u are not able to run.

Rare Items:

Frozen Solid --> For 2 seconds you are not able to move.
Drunken Soldier --> For 4 seconds you are nauseous and your screen starts to wiggle.

Very Rare Item:
Sniper --> You have 2 shots that follows your victim untill they hit them.

About Layer Spleef:
Make Pizza Spleef and Bow TNT a voting option, because why not? I'm sure that will be fun.

These things are just ideas. But we just want to be heard and I don't get the feeling we are heard at this moment. Sorry. That is my personal opinion at this moment.

@BunRabit @Spleefy @CyberAutumn @Simbaaa @wietparkiet @TheEnderMax @TheShoter_Gamerr @Rqytje

Peace.

Last edited:

TheImperfect

Novice Member
Jul 28, 2017
Honestly, I really do miss the old arcade. I always have and I always will. Not only were the games were great, but so many memories were made. For myself and others. I don't really know why the old games were removed and not just have the new ones added. Speaking for myself, I miss the old games, such as parkour minigame, quakecraft and hourglass, but I know lots of other people do too. They were all great games. From personal experience, I saw people playing old arcade more than I see people playing it now. It's usually dead most of the time. Most of the time when I want to play arcade, there aren't many people in the lobby and few to no people in games. Ever since the update, I haven't been playing it as often as I used to. It's quite sad, seeing the decline in players in arcade, considering that my favourite games used to be there and how much time I used to spend there.

I, and many other people, would love to see the old games come back, along with the old maps. Tons of people miss it:(

IWillReportYou

Novice Member
Nov 13, 2017
The Netherlands
Ye, great idea, I want them back too, I also loved to choose, tnt run, bow spleef etc.
Now in Arcade you cant choose bowspleef!
And Hide&Seek was fantastic!
But there was sooo long maintenance and it never came back!
So great idea!!

fancy

Nov 26, 2017
I miss the old LOBBY, the snow one where there was soooo much stuff. I really wish we could have that- the one back in like, 2015/16.
I loved bowspleef so much, it was an amazing game for cubecraft.

Jan 5, 2017
Guys, thanks for all the support. What if we are suggesting this to staff? We can make like the new arcade but we make the old arcade and give it a cool name? I miss like the games and all stuff.. I loved SuperSmashBros and you guys can help me! Im suggesting this later today! Thanks for all the love <3

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Guys, thanks for all the support. What if we are suggesting this to staff? We can make like the new arcade but we make the old arcade and give it a cool name? I miss like the games and all stuff.. I loved SuperSmashBros and you guys can help me! Im suggesting this later today! Thanks for all the love <3
Good luck!
I'll support your thread :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom