Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hi,
I just built a simple minigame which seems like a lot of fun :D so I decided to share it here. The game is really short so my guess is it'd fit perfect as a minerware microgame, there is no such game like this one in minerware yet. I called it the Balance Beam which is a bit simple, I know, but I couldn't think of anything better.
Also, im sure someone has built something similar like this in the past and im not taking any credits for inventing that it's possible to shoot arrows with a dispenser.

This game is more a proof of concept then a final version of the game, so if you think any improvements or just varieties on my game seem to be fitting please let me know :D

The game:
Okay, so the game consists out of a bridge with dispensers on the left and right of the player. These dispenser will start shooting after a warning has been given by the lamp on top of them. In my version the dispensers do not shoot randomly but I'm sure that is possible to make with some sort of a hopper clock or even a plug-in. I just couldn't figure it out...

The player needs to run across the bridge to dodge the projectiles and not get shot off, the player can not jump as that would allow him to jump over the arrows and has to survive the attack :D.

Here is a little showcase:

If this were to be added in Minerware my guess is that either each player gets his own bridge, or all the players are thrown onto one but everyone will be invisible for the others to not block each others view.

How does my redstone work? In case anyone is wondering:
Basically I send a redstone pulse to a total of 16 lines of redstone (8 on the right and 8 on the left). Each line has a different ammount of delay to spread out the arrowshooting.
Redstone Balance beam 1.png

After the delay the redstone comes to this little section:
Redstone Balance beam 2.png

The redstone pulse comes from the top right, and goes over the piston, onto the lamp which turns it on (no pulse delay was used on the way to the lamp).
Redstone Balance beam 3.png

In the mean time the piston extended, turning on the redstone line going into the dispenser. There is however 12 ticks of delay which is the time the player has to step away from the lamp, dodging the arrow. Since the starter pulse was a on-off pulse the pulse turns off again, which turns off the lamp and retracts the pistonhead.

This system could be hooked up to a redstone clock to make it last longer.

Thank you for reading :)

A

A pigeon

Ez redstone . You dont need plugins btw , command blocks are enough. Basic enough for monerware

Reactions: RPoule
L

Lepzi

This looks good you seem to be good with redstone I on the other hand is shocking I couldn't do anything with redstone.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
This looks good you seem to be good with redstone I on the other hand is shocking I couldn't do anything with redstone.
Thanks :D the redstone is pretty basic tho, this is probably as far as I can get with the red juice...

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I've seen this sort of game (If I'm being honest I actually after reading the title was fairly sure how it would work and was 100% Correct yay)
Anyways as for whether I think it would be nice in minerware or not... I think it would be nice in minerware

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom