Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
NOTE: This is a repost from my original post I made half a year ago. You can find that post here

Bring Back - MinerWare

I am going to make this shorter than the previously made thread: half a year ago I made a suggestion about MinerWare and how it should return to Java. A lot has happened in the mean time, but I think the arguments I made back then still stand. With the new Feedback Team, I think there is an actual chance to get the suggestion seen and responded by. Even though I am part of that team myself, I obviously do not go ahead and internally push this suggestion through to a discussion, so that's why I suggest it here again. I will bring a couple more arguments why I still think MinerWare should return on top of what already stands in the original post, please check that one out too.

first off, back to the graph again I showed in the original thread as well:
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 21.57.40.png
I drew a blue line at 4 players, which is the minimum amount of players to have a game go in countdown. Compared to the point I brought you last time, I don't want to talk about average player counts or peak player counts. Over time, I have learned the minimum is much more important. A game can have 6 players on average, but if it starts, why would this matter? The reason Parkour wasn't removed was because it doesn't require updates and only needs 1 player to start. MinerWare gets updates anyways, because bedrock makes it worth it, and the code is practically the same already.

This brings me right to my second point: Because the code has now been made equal across both networks, getting MinerWare back on Java should be a matter of copy-paste in essence. Obviously, this is not entirely true, but it should take very little developing time in general.

Thirdly and lastly for the new points compared to the ones mentioned in the previous thread, the network and their playercount has been pretty much stabilised. With currently 6 games on the network, of which 4 are multiplayer, we can see that each game has almost 100 players online on the screenshot below. This screenshot is obviously a specific, as this wouldn't probably be the case all the time, but all the games average about the same amount of players.
2024-01-22_22.07.03.png
Without the stats, no way can I compare this to what it was before a ton of games got removed, but I can assure you the playerbase is stable as it is right now. What I think MinerWare adds to the table is a different group of players as well as players from these gamemodes. I believe that MinerWare can keep up with the amount of players on the other gamemodes, as well as attract new players and players that previously left. On Bedrock, the game is pretty big, and there has been unanimous support on the previous thread

In conclusion, I think it would not only be possible, but also beneficial to add MinerWare again. It brings variety to the network, something less competitive and less repetitive, and is widely accepted. There doesn't have to be a lot more development time assigned to this game than that what is already happening, as the code is equalised, and it would make a great addition compared to the other gamemodes of CubeCraft. I hope this time Team CubeCraft will actually see this and consider this thoroughly, and hopefully we will all play our favourite game of 2023 (according to the 2023 CC Awards) on java again too! 😄

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Agreed!

As an active Java player who has played Cubecraft every single day after the release of 1.19 update, I can say that I have seen noticeable player growth since the new Eggwars update! Especially when compared to last years spring/summer when Cubecraft wasn't that active compared to what it's right now. This is also the reason why I think that Cubecraft should add new gamemode now that it's gaining more players again!

During the last winter update when the Snowman Survival was added, we saw that Cubecraft can easily handle 7 gamemodes. Snowman Survival games were pretty fast, and so much fun to play with friends! Snowman Survival didn't need full lobby in order to start either, and this is also why I think that Minerware would be good addition for the server. I know that most people had winter break during this time, but Cubecraft still has almost the same amount of players now as during the winter update.

I don't have any statistics about the player growth though, but this is just my personal experience and point of view!

Reactions: Tage22 and Blom

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
If any game were to return, it should be Minerware. It was the most popular game which was removed and it's been requested more than anything else.

For my opinions on which order games should return in (if they do, which is unlikely) is: Minerware, Duels, Tower Defense (copium), Blockwars, Lucky Islands Teams, Skywars Teams, Among Slimes, Eggwars Solo, Competitive Parkour, Assassination.

In reality I think only Minerware and Duels should return, after that it becomes hard to justify for games to return. I didn't include the old featured games in this, as there's way too many of them.

Reactions: Loskol and Tage22

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
If any game were to return, it should be Minerware. It was the most popular game which was removed and it's been requested more than anything else.

For my opinions on which order games should return in (if they do, which is unlikely) is: Minerware, Duels, Tower Defense (copium), Blockwars, Lucky Islands Teams, Skywars Teams, Among Slimes, Eggwars Solo, Competitive Parkour, Assassination.

In reality I think only Minerware and Duels should return, after that it becomes hard to justify for games to return. I didn't include the old featured games in this, as there's way too many of them.
I kinda agree with you, but I think that Team Lucky Islands shoud be brought back before Tower Defence and Blockwars since a lot of people are asking it right now. Maybe even replacing the Solo Lucky Islands with Team Lucky Islands would work, but I'm not sure if they will ever do this.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I kinda agree with you, but I think that Team Lucky Islands shoud be brought back before Tower Defence and Blockwars since a lot of people are asking it right now. Maybe even replacing the Solo Lucky Islands with Team Lucky Islands would work, but I'm not sure if they will ever do this.
The placed Blockwars 5v5s with 10v10s, so I don’t see why not, team lucky islands seems much more supported.

tomaattix

Nov 29, 2023
Finland

I'd have team Lucky islands as first, for a variety of reasons. But agree otherwise

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Cubecraft removed all non-pvp games in an attempt to reduce decline in playercount yet the minute they did this all people who enjoyed cubecraft for their non-pvp games like minerware, tower defence, and among slimes left the server. Something needs to be done, start with adding back minerware.

edit: To add, unlike adding back tower defence (which I'd love lol) having minerware on bedrock as well should make this re-addition more obviously advantageous as minerware on bedrock is a direct form of monetization for cube so updates to the game would still be beneficial for the company

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom