1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minecraft 1.9

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scroob, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you think Cube Craft Games Should Update to 1.9

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Wait To Update

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scroob

Scroob Member

Dear Fellow Players of Cube Craft,
    I'm sure there have been many posts about this, but can we discuss how Cube Craft is going to handle 1.9? If any staff are reading this can you answer if the server is thinking about updating to 1.9 at all, and if they are will they wait for the plugins to be updated, because I'm sure many people don't like the upcoming updates in 1.9. I think we should stay 1.8, or at least stay this way until all the plugins have been updated. All the PvP changes I have heard so far include shields, and you have to wait for a bar to fill up to do maximum damage per hit, or else you do much less damage. Comment anything else you may have heard :D

2. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

I think we should wait a while. Like a long while. Anybody remember when 1.8 was added to the server? Factions bugged out and still to this day hasn't been repaired, and skyblock was extremely laggy (more than usual :eek: )
    1.8 wasn't a controversial update however, and most, if not everybody actually liked what was being added to the game. 1.9 however requires that you re-learn how to play the game all over again, and introduces very powerful arrows, armour degradation and the ability to respawn the ender-dragon, and lets not even mention shields and the removal of everybody's favourite little taunt with the swords.
    If it is going to be considered as a potential update to the server then I suggest it get polled in a news thread to see the communities thoughts on it.

3. Snap

I believe that armour degradation, new arrows, enderdragon respawn, shields, the removal of sword-blocking and new islands in the end are all being added.

4. GuaaarrD

GuaaarrD Member

Spotify
    The server will most likely get updated to the 1.9 since most of the players will play on the newest version. Plugins shouldn`t be a problem since our devs like to code everything by themselves. Item recharges can be removed if desired. Armour degradation was recently removed by Mojang so no changes to that. I think the rest is pretty cool and we will enjoy the update. :)

iOreos and Scroob like this.
  5. Snap

Well that's good, now the only thing that I dislike is off-hand item holding and shields. Looks like I'll have to just get used to it if CCG is going to update to 1.9 .-.

6. GuaaarrD

GuaaarrD Member

Spotify
    Life is hard when you`re a diglett

johnyestaloca and Snap like this.
  7. Terrarialover11

Terrarialover11 Member

I watch tv
    Based off of what I saw in the snapshot, I wouldn't like it to be updated. Its more of a downgrade, like the ender dragon sucks now.. I guess it would be fun to use new arrows and shields in games like sky wars, but would take some time to get used to. In the end though, everyone will probably be playing 1.9 and it would probably be better for the server to update to 1.9. Plus you never know, we might end up loving it :p

8. Scroob

Scroob Member

Good point, after reading all the comments it doesn't sound bad. My only concern is I heard that they were making it so your hits had to reload and if you didn't let it reload you would do less damage. Shields I don't really agree with but I can get used to them and arrow effects are really cool. Respawning the ender dragon though I feel is dumb. Will it already be there once you get to the end or do you have to spawn it yourself?

9. NanoNet

NanoNet Member

The server can still be in 1.9, but not have all the changes if a certain game type is not good with it (There are ways to disable features through command blocks). But with all these new changes, it opens a new possibility for so many new games.

10. The_Game_world

The_Game_world Member

Cube craft must upgrade to 1.9 because cube craft the best server out there bestaad and I want to do in 1.9 skywars on the server:cube::cube:

11. CARDAN16

CARDAN16 Mod Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad you love 1.9, but please don't reply to threads older than a few weeks.

Locking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.