• None of these above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
We all know the message counter at the forum, we also know people who have more messages than others. Now this thread can feel a bit like nagging but it isn't.
I feel like there is some sort of a competition about the messages, like the person with the most messages is the most popular person. So I was thinking about some stuff and I know people will hate me for this suggestion I know there are going to be a lot of people who are against this suggestion but I don't really care 乁(´• 益 •`)ㄏ.

Remove the message counter:
This is maybe a bit over the top but it's an option, if there is no message counter then what's the point of message farming? There will only be messages who have real purpose. Of course there are still some people who are reacting with a bad reply but it's not a problem anymore 乁(´• 益 •`)ㄏ.

Remove the message counter for Minecraft Creations and Updates:
What I mean is, you can't get messages of a conversation why don't we remove the feature where you can get messages of replies on the section Minecraft Creations and Updates. These are the 2 most popular sections to message farm, you just say "Nice update!" or "Nice build" and no one will blame you for it.

Remove the rule about message farming:
Of course if this will get added the whole message feature will not have any purpose but it will also solve the problem about message farming. This is of course kind of dumb option but it's true, if you can message farm the whole problem with people who have too many messages is gone.

Make the rule about message farming stronger:
I mean punish the people who are message farming, get extra staff who are looking for message farming. I just went to the section Minecraft Creations and I already saw like 4 messages who had no purpose at all. Of course I can say something about it but I'm just a member of a big community so I have nothing to say 乁(´• 益 •`)ㄏ. For real though, there are so many people who are known by others for message farming and staff isn't doing anything about it. I mean come on there are people who are disobeying your rules and you don't do anything!

None of these above:
You can also hate all the ideas and just ignore the fact that there are people who disobey the rules.

I really don't mind what you think about these suggestions but I just think we can really do something about these people.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
No,
There is a reason why there is message counter, and the rule for message farming not to be allowed on the forums.
The last suggestion I do agree, to make the rule ( message farming ) stronger, I mean, honestly I don' think the "warning" is as affect as a punishment.

Please do not swear here

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
To be completely honest, I get really annoyed by pointless messages in threads.
When I read a suggestion, I tend to scroll by a few of the comments. If half of them were pointless, then I'll just skip the rest and give my take on the suggestion. This can lead to me basically repeating what others have suggested they change. The rule is there, but there's nothing driving it.

There is a reason why there is message counter, and the rule for message farming not to be allowed on the forums.
Message counter = almost pointless. It can give people an idea on how active they are, but it doesn't mean much as the value only goes up. When applying for helper, they look through your posts to see how you act on the forums. They don't care about the quantity, as long as your posts are mature & something worth representing the staff team. The message counter doesn't have to exist.

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
Of course I know there's a reason but like the new people aren't listening to those rules and nobody is doing anything about it look at all the messages of @BramDerpie all his messages are just like "Nice video" and nobody is doing anything about it

_AmazingWays_

Jul 11, 2016
Reprotland
No,
The last suggestion I do agree, to make the rule ( message farming ) stronger, I mean, honestly I don' think the "warning" is as affect as a punishment.

Please do not swear here
I agree with @RayzMC the counter isn't there just for fun.

Reactions: RayzMC

_AmazingWays_

Jul 11, 2016
Reprotland
Thank you for the example about message farming this is exactly what I mean your reaction has no purpose at all. If you quote someone add something in your reply something useful! And can you maybe tell me what other purpose the counter has?
It was just to show my opinion xd. Honestly I can't tell you a purpose the counter has. But it's nice to see how active players are on the forums.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Messages are pretty worthless, you can't do anything with them. The only thing they give you is a bit of attention and it's a good indicator to see if someone is active on the forums.
And yes, it might be annoying to some of you guys, but we can't punish people for giving bad-quality feedback.
If someone is spamming one word messages in threads, yes, that's message farming and they will get punished for that.

Other then that, just ignore them. You know messages are pretty useless and those people will find that out too one day..

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Pls why i a messagefarmer?
upload_2017-5-25_11-10-51.png

"Nice art!" "Nice video!" "Nice plot!" "Nice vids!" is what @Netflix_Addicted is reffering to... A lot of your posts are like this.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
The message farmers are annoying, but if you think about it, its just numbers. Those numbers are worthless, and if their gole is to be part of the staff team then we all know that they won't be by posting many useless messages without actually helping.
I can only maybe agree with making the rule stronger, but or else, they are just numbers.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
No bad ideas. Then 90% of messages are gone!!! Oke I'm kidding.

Anyways, I think it is hard to add this. How will the plugin thing if you posted a good, usefull post instead of a message farm post?

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I think this is required for people who are looking to apply for helper. A certain amount of messages are required to even be considered and if a player gets past that point in the process, staff will look at what the player has been posting. If they see it's pointless things like "+1" or nothing too constructive, they won't accept them. Really no point in removing the counter in my opinion.

Reactions: Cyqni

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I write a lot on a Q&A website, Quora. On there, there is a rule that answers must be well written, well explained, and answers the question. I try my best to carry that habit here. I write on the internet to help others, whether it is on forums, Quora, blogs, or anywhere else, so the message count merely represents to me my number of attempts to help others.

Personally, I don't see the point or the offence in message farming, but apparently others believe there is some value to these message counts. However, as most people despise those who message farm, I dislike it as well. Since by collective agreement, there is some level of value to these messages, I support the message farming rules.

Furthermore, I have another suggestion to make. If possible, messages on forum games should not count toward the message count. For example, there are thousands of messages on https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ban-the-person-above-you-game.10025/, and those do not really contribute to the server or forum as a whole.

Reactions: ElPtricko
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Blom's profile.
Hi Blom
Matriox wrote on Hoshi's profile.
🧙‍♂️
UncleSpect wrote on Reesle's profile.
hoiiii rees 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Amazinq's profile.
when helper
Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Top Bottom