Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
It's not currently mentioned anywhere in the rules, and it's not really a common sense thing, so that's that. There is currently no reason for a muted player to believe that using signs to bypass is bannable, thus this rule should be clarified.

Addendum: This is not to add a new rule. This is to clarify an existing rule.

Last edited:

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Why does it bother you so much? It isnt hurting you. Do not make suggestions at the cost of other people’s freedom. A mute restricts enough as it is

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I think it should be added, since it’s a small thing that’s not very common, but still happens sometimes and they punish for it. Currently it’s not mentioned in the rules so people can’t really know for sure that they aren’t allowed to ‘bypass’ using signs and that this is bannable.

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
While I do not believe that this counts as trolling, but rather just bypassing the mute as it is, I agree that this is definitely against the rules.

EDIT: The question should still be asked whether you'd actually want to have players punished for communicating via signs at ALL, or if that can also only be punished if the text on it is against the rules.

Why does it bother you so much? It isnt hurting you. Do not make suggestions at the cost of other people’s freedom. A mute restricts enough as it is

I understand what logic you're trying to apply, however you have to keep in mind that generally a mute will be applied if you're breaking the rules via chat, for example by swearing. The phrase "people's freedom" isn't to be used in this instance, the player in question had their ability to communicate via chat taken away, so bypassing it with signs should, in theory, not be possible.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
What? Can you tell me how my suggestion is "at the cost of other people’s freedom"?
While I do not believe that this counts as trolling, but rather just bypassing the mute as it is, I agree that this is definitely against the rules.

EDIT: The question should still be asked whether you'd actually want to have players punished for communicating via signs at ALL, or if that can also only be punished if the text on it is against the rules.

I understand what logic you're trying to apply, however you have to keep in mind that generally a mute will be applied if you're breaking the rules via chat, for example by swearing. The phrase "people's freedom" isn't to be used in this instance, the player in question had their ability to communicate via chat taken away, so bypassing it with signs should, in theory, not be possible.
Guys, I'm not saying to add a new rule. I'm saying to put an already existing rule into the official rules document because even though bypassing using signs isn't in the rules document, it is still a rule.

Reactions: Sevenade78

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
What? Can you tell me how my suggestion is "at the cost of other people’s freedom"?
It is a cost of others frreedom because you are trying to take away the only way muted people can communicate with others. In my opinion just pathetic

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
It wouldn’t be restricting anyones freedom, since it isn’t allowed already. (Staff confirmed in Discord), the proposal goes to add this in the rules to make it more clear! Which is something important, I think although it seems logical to see this as bypassing the mute, it still should be written ik the rules! As some player might not know it!

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Yes please, I didn't know that was punishable for that, I knew that if you bypass then you will get an increase in your punishment.
Please, this should be clarified in the rules and Good post too!

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
This person isn't suggesting to make it punishable to evade mutes with signs, they're suggesting to add it to the rules because it already is punishable but it's not mentioned in the rules.
edit: still early in the morning, didn't really pay attention if anyone already said this. sorry

ElectricSweden

Novice Member
Aug 14, 2018
Sweden
I agree. It could be very annoying if you get punished by something that is not in the rules. It can be seen as unfair, it is better to just add it in the rules to clear things up!

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016

It is a cost of others frreedom because you are trying to take away the only way muted people can communicate with others. In my opinion just pathetic
bmnctjmwbov11.jpg
And I thought this place had higher literacy than Minecraft forums.

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I really think this should be added. If you can get punished for it it should be in the rules. It's really unfair if you didn't know this and you bypassed you're mute without even knowing it.

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Alright, fine. I didnt know it was a rule already. Anyhow, I disagree with the rule but I think muted players should be permitted to use signs provided they are not bypassing the mute.

For example if I want to label my chests in a long game of eggwars, I should be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🤍
Almost 1k players on monday is really good!

2024-05-20_20.57.39.png
Frontlane wrote on AlekoMC's profile.
Happy birthday :)
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I like what did you do in your pfp
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Reesle's profile.
Oh i see an epic nember in your profile

Congratulations for 1.111 msg
Top Bottom