Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSadPotato_

Novice Member
Nov 11, 2020
This is a rather straight forward suggestion.

Now, the maps are very random and big maps don't open as much as other maps do. To counter this, I suggest having at least 1 map of every team size open every moment of the day. This would count for : Lucky Islands, SkyWars, EggWars and FFA (This is already the case on Assassinations, because there's only two maps).

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
I totally agree. I mainly play in a party of 4/5 players, but the only problem we often have is that there are no 5+ maps open - this kinda forces people to play in a party with 4 or less people (or if ur with 5 or more players then you usually have to play 3v2/2v2v1. Regardless of what I just said, we also have to wait 10-15 minutes until we can even join a game. So in my opinion this suggestion is a good way to counter this.

• Agree
Reactions: TheSadPotato_

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Can I ask why you think there shouldn't be a 10v1p map open at any time?
10v10 maps get joined often by rankers if everytime a map of 10v10 starts a new one opens you will get more win farmers and I will have to leave these maps more cause I don't want to play them. I honestly don't have a problem with the map system rn anyways

Reactions: TheSadPotato_

TheSadPotato_

Novice Member
Nov 11, 2020
10v10 maps get joined often by rankers if everytime a map of 10v10 starts a new one opens you will get more win farmers and I will have to leave these maps more cause I don't want to play them. I honestly don't have a problem with the map system rn anyways
A possible solution to this would, like Fesa mentioned, be that there's one open for every team, going up to 5 player maps. Then from there on, all team sizes could be seen as "one", therefore there won't always be a 10 player map open, but the chances are divided through the 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 player maps, because there's almost only 1 map for every of these sizes, which would've meant that before, it would've always been open and "win farmers" would indeed come in, but with this new change, those maps will be open less frequently. Besides, win farmers aren't that bad. Myself, I just enjoy some big maps from time to time, and this win farmer problem is only really the case in EggWars, you don't have this as much in Lucky Islands and SkyWars. Those maps are really fun to play, but they open every 30 minutes (this is exaggerated, but it'll be way faster with this change!)

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, at this point in time, our current Java map system doesn't have support for balancing maps based on team/player size. Bedrock is different as we made sure that each gamemode has the same team/player size to avoid the mistake that Java is now in when it comes to maps.

We don't have any plans to have a new system for balancing maps on Java, based on team sizes. This could be something we look into in the future, but at this time, we're not. Another interesting implementation could be if multiple players click on a map, it will force that map to open.

Thanks, Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You got 400 redaction score!! Congrats!
Top Bottom