Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the reports system for bedrock be updated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello, my friends have had an issue with the way that bedrock handles their reports / appeals. for example the people going onto their videos of them being reported and harassing them after they appeal (because the admins link the real footage from the reporter which is because they are told to)

My proposal is for every report that would be accepted, it would be downloaded to a cubecraft "bans" youtube channel or media center and posted there. Once the cheaters appeal they would be sent to the video on the youtube channel or the media center, instead of having the users who reported the cheaters have to deal with the cheaters harassing them in the platform they upload on. it would be for the safety of the reporter. i cannot tell for java edition because ive never reported anyone on java edition. (if its almost the same or the same please tell me so i can change this up a bit)

I understand this may require machine power or boring work for admins to do this but for the greater good i believe this would be a good idea, i am always up for criticism. please tell me if this is a bad idea or it needs tweaking.
but @Dubby Plays has been harassed multiple times because admins and mods link the real report footage from the user.
(This is not calling out any admins/mods or anything or a complaint since it is their duty to, i understand that)

To make sure this works okay we can have a template available on the report player directions that will make sure this works well and efficiently.

If it helps i could link the video where dubby was being harassed as an example. i worry about him as a friend, i know this is not professional but i wanted to bring this up

Thank you for taking the time to read this. - SoundToTheThirdPower

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, my friends have had an issue with the way that bedrock handles their reports / appeals. for example the people going onto their videos of them being reported and harassing them after they appeal (because the admins link the real footage from the reporter which is because they are told to)

My proposal is for every report that would be accepted, it would be downloaded to a cubecraft "bans" youtube channel or media center and posted there. Once the cheaters appeal they would be sent to the video on the youtube channel or the media center, instead of having the users who reported the cheaters have to deal with the cheaters harassing them in the platform they upload on. it would be for the safety of the reporter. i cannot tell for java edition because ive never reported anyone on java edition. (if its almost the same or the same please tell me so i can change this up a bit)

I understand this may require machine power or boring work for admins to do this but for the greater good i believe this would be a good idea, i am always up for criticism. please tell me if this is a bad idea or it needs tweaking.
but @Dubby Plays has been harassed multiple times because admins and mods link the real report footage from the user.
(This is not calling out any admins/mods or anything or a complaint since it is their duty to, i understand that)

To make sure this works okay we can have a template available on the report player directions that will make sure this works well and efficiently.

If it helps i could link the video where dubby was being harassed as an example. i worry about him as a friend, i know this is not professional but i wanted to bring this up

I have received death threats and many rude and awful comments on my channel. So far as someone dislike botted 6 of my videos. I 100% agree and support this thread. I wish I could escalate it lol.

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I have received death threats and many rude and awful comments on my channel. So far as someone dislike botted 6 of my videos. I 100% agree and support this thread. I wish I could escalate it lol.
thank you, it hurts me to see people being threatened, bullied and inconvenienced by such horrible mean people, im assuming you play on java edition mainly since you have obsidian rank right? so this isnt just a bedrock only issue?

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

LuxGlez

🎥 Content Creator
🤝 Partner 💜
Feb 2, 2016
México

It seems like a good idea, but we can also choose to do what I do (as an idea at the moment) I create a channel in which I only upload reports, I do not allow likes or dislikes and in some occasions I remove comments, as I do I don't worry if they tell me or say something, I hope it helps you, this is the channel for you to see: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8AcDp0bpdw86tAr3nLrEQ

Similarly +1 to your post

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems like a good idea, but we can also choose to do what I do (as an idea at the moment) I create a channel in which I only upload reports, I do not allow likes or dislikes and in some occasions I remove comments, as I do I don't worry if they tell me or say something, I hope it helps you, this is the channel for you to see: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8AcDp0bpdw86tAr3nLrEQ

Not everyone has the time to make a channel / maintain it so that could be a solution but it wouldn't help everyone.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland

If the players you're reporting are harassing you then they're just wasting their own, precious time. Whoever gets offended should be reminded of the fact that this is the internet and should grow a thicker skin. Making an entirely new platform just to upload report videos up is a waste of time.

Agree with this

Not everyone has the time to make a channel / maintain it so that could be a solution but it wouldn't help everyone.
Put your videos on hidden, disable likes/dislikes and disable comments. I can't remember entirely but I thought it's either something you do once and it applies to all videos on your channel - or you do it for each video: which doesn't take long at all - everyone who reports players should be able to spend 10 more seconds doing just that.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
If the players you're reporting are harassing you then they're just wasting their own, precious time. Whoever gets offended should be reminded of the fact that this is the internet and should grow a thicker skin. Making an entirely new platform just to upload report videos up is a waste of time.

Yes but it shouldn't be happening to begin with, and if it's on your own channel you shouldn't have to bend over backward for it.

Agree with this

Put your videos on hidden, disable likes/dislikes and disable comments. I can't remember entirely but I thought it's either something you do once and it applies to all videos on your channel - or you do it for each video: which doesn't take long at all - everyone who reports players should be able to spend 10 more seconds doing just that.

Again, this shouldn't be something you have to do. Reporting people shouldn't be this complicated and annoying.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Again, this shouldn't be something you have to do. Reporting people shouldn't be this complicated and annoying.
Again, if the players you're reporting are harassing you then they're just wasting their own, precious time. Whoever gets offended should be reminded of the fact that this is the internet and should grow a thicker skin. Making an entirely new platform just to upload report videos up is a waste of time.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Again, if the players you're reporting are harassing you then they're just wasting their own, precious time. Whoever gets offended should be reminded of the fact that this is the internet and should grow a thicker skin. Making an entirely new platform just to upload report videos up is a waste of time.

What do you not understand about "You shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that, to begin with." Yeah, just tell someone to grow a thicker skin, yeah while you're at it tell them to stop being bad at the game. And it's hard to tell if anything is going on anyway, not to mention if it's a convenient feature that could be beneficial (which it is) it would be in their best interest to implement it. Not to mention you could just say that about any suggestion which I hate because weather or not it would take time or not if it's a good suggestion or worth it then don't vote no because that's just silly.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
What do you not understand about "You shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that, to begin with."
Uno reverse: what do you not understand about "Making an entirely new platform just to upload report videos up is a waste of time."

Yeah, just tell someone to grow a thicker skin, yeah while you're at it tell them to stop being bad at the game.
Huh? What are you saying?

And it's hard to tell if anything is going on anyway, not to mention if it's a convenient feature that could be beneficial (which it is) it would be in their best interest to implement it
5Xphydd.png

Read the definition and now tell me: how is creating an entirely new platform solely for the purpose of uploading report videos on, to avoid community members feeling harassed, in any way beneficial? It's a waste of time. If you say players who report shouldn't have to deal with harassment then let me uno reverse that and say that moderators shouldn't have to deal with having to download and upload all report videos to a separate platform.

Not to mention you could just say that about any suggestion which I hate because weather or not it would take time or not if it's a good suggestion or worth it then don't vote no because that's just silly.
What's this even supposed to mean?

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
This is exactly why I have a seperate channel just for reports and stuff. I even turn off reactions most of the times, so people can't say anything there.
This also keeps my main channel clean, even though I upload them unlisted.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
My proposal is for every report that would be accepted, it would be downloaded to a cubecraft "bans" youtube channel or media center and posted there.
It doesn't become really clear to me what system exactly you are suggesting. Are you suggesting that Moderators should re-record the evidence and upload it on a separate YouTube channel or are you suggesting some sort of automated system? If it's the second option, I would like to hear how exactly it would be functioning. As far as I am aware, it's not exactly possible to download YouTube videos and repost them on a different account. Or is it?

Some pretty good solutions to this issue were suggested above my comment. These solutions would cost the reporters almost nothing to use, but to implement this suggestion, no matter which option you are suggesting, it would cost the staff team:
  • First option: Motivation. It would demotivate the staff team to handle reports because the process would become extremely annoying to handle.
  • First option: Time. It would slow down the process of handling Bedrock reports. It already takes a lot of time for our small Moderation team to handle them, let alone when we need to also play the role of reporters and upload evidence.
  • Second option: Dev time. Not sure what developer we would need to implement some sort of automated system, if that's a possible thing to implement. But it is a fact that we do not have a web developer and our developers are focused on the most important projects for our network.
So, my suggestion is: Implement this suggestion by yourselves.

1. Do not pay attention to the stupitidy of these rule breakers and remember that you were doing the right thing by reporting them and they got what they deserved. If they are too immature to waste their own time and to not accept the consequences, that's their personal problem.
  2. Create a separate channel for reports. It is not hard to create a YouTube channel.
  3. Make your evidence unlisted. Disallow likes, dislikes or comments. This shouldn't take much time to do, I doubt most players report more than 10-20 rule breakers a day.
  4. If the rule breakers attempt to harass you on platforms different from YouTube, use the option to block/ignore them.

D

Deleted member 294498

It doesn't become really clear to me what system exactly you are suggesting. Are you suggesting that Moderators should re-record the evidence and upload it on a separate YouTube channel or are you suggesting some sort of automated system? If it's the second option, I would like to hear how exactly it would be functioning. As far as I am aware, it's not exactly possible to download YouTube videos and repost them on a different account. Or is it?

Some pretty good solutions to this issue were suggested above my comment. These solutions would cost the reporters almost nothing to use, but to implement this suggestion, no matter which option you are suggesting, it would cost the staff team:
  • First option: Motivation. It would demotivate the staff team to handle reports because the process would become extremely annoying to handle.
  • First option: Time. It would slow down the process of handling Bedrock reports. It already takes a lot of time for our small Moderation team to handle them, let alone when we need to also play the role of reporters and upload evidence.
  • Second option: Dev time. Not sure what developer we would need to implement some sort of automated system, if that's a possible thing to implement. But it is a fact that we do not have a web developer and our developers are focused on the most important projects for our network.
So, my suggestion is: Implement this suggestion by yourselves.

1. Do not pay attention to the stupitidy of these rule breakers and remember that you were doing the right thing by reporting them and they got what they deserved. If they are too immature to waste their own time and to not accept the consequences, that's their personal problem.
  2. Create a separate channel for reports. It is not hard to create a YouTube channel.
  3. Make your evidence unlisted. Disallow likes, dislikes or comments. This shouldn't take much time to do, I doubt most players report more than 10-20 rule breakers a day.
  4. If the rule breakers attempt to harass you on platforms different from YouTube, use the option to block/ignore them.
I'm not necroposting since this is less then a month ago, but...
You have 2 First options? :)

Rifyy

Aug 19, 2019
I would like to hear how exactly it would be functioning. As far as I am aware, it's not exactly possible to download YouTube videos and repost them on a different account. Or is it?
Downloading youtube videos is easy, theres an open source solution
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/

Uploading to youtube is easy too, also opensource
https://github.com/tokland/youtube-upload/

Once a report is submitted, it'd use the first tool to download the video, use the 2nd tool to upload, and we're done.

Not the prettiest solution but I cant think of a way to implement this that'd be quicker to develop

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
1) making a separate youtube channel for CCG reports takes too much time for the staff team.

2) people their tags and names are still visible when pressing tab and such. It’s inevitable that people will recognize your skin, name, texturepack or whatever.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019

I completely agree. Hackers always comment trash all over my report videos.

And yes, same system for Java Edition.

Reactions: Dubby Plays

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Yes please. Reports should be annonymous. I reported someone and he found my username and Xbox account and has been sending me death threats for reporting him. Please make this happen.

his user: PpPooPooPants

Reactions: Dubby Plays
Members Online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom