Wow. Nice thread.
images

Reactions: Marieke2001

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
Did I ever say I was a staff member?
No, nor did I ever say you did. You were informing people they were breaking the rules. That's something we regard as 'acting like staff' and therefore it is against the rules.

Anyways, it'd be better to just keep on topic. :P

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
@Younisco chill..
They're working on the more Staff problem...
They gave a lot of people this time a chance for an Interview... Some got denied (me) and most got accepted (The New Helpers)
It's not that they don't want more Staff but they only accepted really trust worthy and Muture people who they can trust with the Reports...
Not only that But they will fix the other thing just be patient... I'm pretty sure Cube has everything under control... If they don't well (lmao I guess...)
''Patience is the key''
Freebuild is coming soon I guess... (Mac said before September 21st... So yeah... If this is not true correct me :p)
They work Slow I know :P

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
@Younisco chill..
They're working on the more Staff problem...
They gave a lot of people this time a chance for an Interview... Some got denied (me) and most got accepted (The New Helpers)
It's not that they don't want more Staff but they only accepted really trust worthy and Muture people who they can trust with the Reports...
Not only that But they will fix the other thing just be patient... I'm pretty sure Cube has everything under control... If they don't well (lmao I guess...)
''Patience is the key''
Freebuild is coming soon I guess... (Mac said before September 21st... So yeah... If this is not true correct me :p)
They work Slow I know :p
Patience is key? Sounds familiar... sounds like something they said 15-18 months ago. And you know what? We're tired. So damn tired of the bs that we were given from staff members.

iAmLva

May 23, 2016
No Mini-modding
Informing someone that they are breaking the rules is not considered mini-modding, but acting like a staff member when you are not is not allowed.

;)
Euhm so if I wanna mute someone when he schold and I say: (name) watch your language 1/3 etc. Am I mini-modding?

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
Hello Younis,

I have no ill will towards any of the staff members
I know you wouldn't have. You've been playing on the server for a long time and I personally think that everyone has a right to say what they think.

to get little to NO staff members
Getting staff members is such a hard process. I don't know how many applications we get every day but let's just say 200 of which 150 are not useful at all cause they didn't read the rules about how to apply. Then we have 50 left of which 40 are useless because they just wanted to apply for fun. Then we have 10 left of which we could consider getting them in our staff team after various tests. These tests will be successfully completed by maybe 4 of them. Now we have 4 members who are going to be the new Helpers.

You realise that the report a player section is pretty much not being taken care of?
I can't deny the fact that the "Report a Player" section is full of reports. Maybe the summer holidays caused it. A lot of people went on holidays?
I don't want to make excuses though. I'll personally try to look more into them as long as I don't have any exams or work duties.

I believe you, as staff, made the reports private so that people like myself and Guard cannot create threads with proper statistics because you are afraid to be called out
That was due to so many members commenting with useless stuff like "Yes hacks, ban."

paying all your donations to cringe-worthy YouTubers
I wouldn't see a point in paying them. They have their nice shiny rank. ;)

don't have enough developers
I don't think that the problem is that we do not have enough.
It'd be cool to have more full time developers though. Games could be done way quicker.
But I do not know how the recruiting for new devs really works. So I can not really say more than that.

Us, as a community, are sick and tired of the BS that you respond to these criticism threads. We aren't here to insult you. We are here to usher you towards the fact that we want you to keep your promises
I know that noone wants to insult us. You're just telling us how you feel about the current situation.
The answers we give might not always be what you want to hear. But staff is just trying to keep the situation calm. We work a lot and it's is sad to us to see that everyone is so unhappy.

Survival Games is dying
A few more maps would be nice maybe. I only play team SG and a few more 2 player maps would be nice e.g.
But they just take so long to build... I don't really know how/if anything can/will be done about that.
I wouldn't say that is is dying though? o.o

Paintball is broken, Hide and Seek is down
I can't say anything about this, sorry.
No idea how the coding is going on with that.

- Sarah :)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
I'm not even going to bother to respond to a lot of the things in this thread because they are simply ridiculous (Ah yes, lemme just snap my fingers and get 50 great new staff, because thats how it works).

As for freebuild, I may have slightly underestimated how much work there was left to do on it when I promised 'early summer'. It is being worked on and I am still planning on having it released for you all by the end of the summer (September 21st technically). The reason it has been in maintenance so long goes back before I even joined CubeCraft, so I can't really comment on that.

Freebuild really shouldn't have been put in maintenance when it was as there was apparently no plan to start working on it then. Work only started on it a few months ago after I got the project back on its feet. As I said above, I can't really comment on the decisions behind putting it in maintenance without a plan to redo it at that time, but it is being worked on now and will be out as soon as possible.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions and concerns. It is 100% not my intent to make you guys feel like we are misleading you in any way.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Getting staff members is such a hard process. I don't know how many applications we get every day but let's just say 200 of which 150 are not useful at all cause they didn't read the rules about how to apply. Then we have 50 left of which 40 are useless because they just wanted to apply for fun. Then we have 10 left of which we could consider getting them in our staff team after various tests. These tests will be successfully completed by maybe 4 of them. Now we have 4 members who are going to be the new Helpers.
I get that. But literally from the top of my head, I can name multiple people who are completely eligible. @hgbf @xMegaCoolx @iLoveYouu , and that's from like 30 seconds of thinking.
That was due to so many members commenting with useless stuff like "Yes hacks, ban."
Then have the report locked? I believe staff members have permission to reply to locked threads, iirc, or have the report

However, I appreciate your response, Sarah. :)
Not only that but Mac is working on something so It will take some more time before some Things are Done...
(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/l...-make-a-game-from-scratch.147337/#post-601771)

But just be patient...
This literally started today. Another excuse.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to a lot of the things in this thread because they are simply ridiculous (Ah yes, lemme just snap my fingers and get 50 great new staff, because thats how it works).
You see, getting staff may be the hard process, and yes, I understand that, sifting through thousands of applications. However, if you KNOW that someone is up for the job, then offer the job to them? What's the harm, lol.
The reason it has been in maintenance so long goes back before I even joined CubeCraft, so I can't really comment on that.
Mmh. lol. Seems like you're trying to take charge of everything. Just my opinion!
Hopefully that answers some of your questions and concerns. It is 100% not my intent to make you guys feel like we are misleading you in any way.
Thank you.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
But literally from the top of my head, I can name multiple people who are completely eligible. @hgbf @xMegaCoolx @iLoveYouu , and that's from like 30 seconds of thinking.
Maybe they didn't apply? Cubecraft could add a new staff position that is just there to answer reports and ban people. I would do that. But I don't want to help people, so I won't apply for helper :p.

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
And I only found 2 reports of you not being done @Younisco. One on the 5th June and one on the 3rd of August which I have done now.

Where are the ones from 4 weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom