Votes: 34 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't think this will be possible: all Skyblock 'profiles' are in a totally different world and I don't think direct chatting is possible across different worlds. Could be wrong, I'm not a developer :p
I've played on some other Skyblock servers where you were able to chat with others. I don't know how they did it, but I think it's possible.

Reactions: YesEggs and Priley
D

Deleted member 294498

I don't think this will be possible: all Skyblock 'profiles' are in a totally different world and I don't think direct chatting is possible across different worlds. Could be wrong, I'm not a developer :p
What about talking from 1.8 to 1.9? Those are also ''totally'' different.
I think it's possible but may take a while to create this idea.

Reactions: YesEggs

zFqcus

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2018
I have said no, Because more than 1600 people can access the server (On SkyBlock) And if everyone can talk in global chat. Then it becomes chaos in the chat (I think) Because everyone talks to each other and I think that there is too much spam..

Edit: If there is a global chat in SkyBlock then also add a ChatCooldown, (For global chat)

Vqzi

Aug 24, 2017

Chatting across different worlds and even servers is possible, by default the normal chat is across all worlds.

Raam

Dec 25, 2017
I think it isn't necessary to add this.... i'm in a coop and even there i'm not chatting, because other people don't talk either.

Vqzi

Aug 24, 2017
I said direct chatting. I'm aware players can /fmsg each other across worlds and even across different networks

Actually, I meant direct chatting. I wasn't talking about /fmsg, party chat or anything else what has to do something with the friend or party system.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I've played on some other Skyblock servers where you were able to chat with others. I don't know how they did it, but I think it's possible.
It being possible doesn't mean it is on cube, depends on the way they set up their servers etc. as Riley pointed out. If the current serversystem does not support global chat across skyblock islands (which I doubt) , they'd have to code a whole new system, for it to work.

Now on topic, because as I said, I doubt that they've seperated the islandservers as far apart to the point where communication inbetween isn't possible at all. I wouldn't care a dime for it if it were added, because the chances of me being put in a globalchatlobby with an actual interesting person to chat with would probably be very slim. The chat would just be littered with dumb questions, rage and stories on how great people's islands are.
(note that there'd have to be seperate global chat lobbies in order to not create a huge spamchat with an average of more than 1000 players in it at the same time).

On the other hand, me not caring for it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. I don't see real downsides on the whole thing so I'm not opposed to it being added, as long as it's toggleable or mutable. I'm sure players will have a blast chatting about their islands and current quests they're working on. Voted yes.

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
Hello, so this is something that we've been bouncing around internally for a while now. It's not a guaranteed feature, however here are our current thoughts, concerns and ideas:
- Global chat would certainly help grow a community
- Global chat would be very spammy if it had every player in it
- Large global chats tend to promote spam bots and advertisements, which can be very frustrating to moderate

Our current working idea:
So similar to how old creative worked, when you joined you were in your own private chat channel. There were then 4 other chat channels, for example "general", and "debate". This solution wasn't ideal since most of the channels were empty and one got very busy. It also meant that in the future, if creative became very bit, it would've caused extremely flooded channels.
So using this knowledge we gained from Creative, the current Skyblock Global chat idea that we are considering is that when you log into your island, you put are inside a local chat. You can then switch into a chat channel, for example "Chat 1". Chat channels would have player limits such as 100 users, so that they don't become too spammy. Just in case the default chat channels became full, all chat channels would be dynamically assigned, so that all the chat channels are never full.
Another other notable feature of how we'd have to do this: When connecting to a co-op island, you would all be on the same chat channel as each other, because it'd be very confusing if you sent a message into local chat, and the other player standing 10 blocks in front of you couldn't see that message.

As mentioned above, just remember that nothing here is confirmed (and our current development backlog is very large), however we were just bouncing around a couple of ideas, and was wondering what everyone thinks about this.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday
Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Top Bottom