Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Somethimes you want to play a game of skywars.. And Then Then there's someone That voted overpowerd and there are 3 rankers in the game.. 2 voted normal and 1 voted overpowerd. It's a bit annoying That the vote for overpowerd wins. The same as in eggwars. Can this be fixed? If you think there are more votes on normal and Then it's overpowerd (you also have the same with voting basic) So My suggestion is.. could it count fair That the highest vote Will win.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
Heuu Davey! Yes this is really annoying, I do not like that there are three rankers in sit and vote there two on normal and one on basic word than the basic? Great thread, keep up the good work!

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I understand your frustration, @ItsDavey_. But as you see in the chat when a game begins, "Randomly selected" it doesn't mean that if there are 3 votes for Normal and 1 for OP that it will be Normal for sure. It's randomly selected. I don't know if there are more votes for Normal than for OP, that Normal has more chance to become the Chest Items but okay.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I understand your frustration, @ItsDavey_. But as you see in the chat when a game begins, "Randomly selected" it doesn't mean that if there are 3 votes for Normal and 1 for OP that it will be Normal for sure. It's randomly selected. I don't know if there are more votes for Normal than for OP, that Normal has more chance to become the Chest Items but okay.
It does. So 3 votes for normal should give you a 75% chance to get normal and a 25% chance for OP in your example.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
As said above it's not the highest amount of votes wins, it's that the more votes the more likely it is to get chosen, I believe that this is the right way to go because large teams of people can just vote for the things they want and get them all the time and this could be seen as unfair.

Thibo_Skillzz

Mar 7, 2017
a place in Belgium
Somethimes you want to play a game of skywars.. And Then Then there's someone That voted overpowerd and there are 3 rankers in the game.. 2 voted normal and 1 voted overpowerd. It's a bit annoying That the vote for overpowerd wins. The same as in eggwars. Can this be fixed? If you think there are more votes on normal and Then it's overpowerd (you also have the same with voting basic) So My suggestion is.. could it count fair That the highest vote Will win.
When there are 2 guys who voted for normal with dia rank, and one voted for op with an obsidian rank will the guy with obsidian rank win because he has the highest rank. That's what I think

Thibo_Skillzz

Mar 7, 2017
a place in Belgium
Vote system works kind of like dropping your vote in a bowl. When 2 people vote for normal, and 3 vote for op, there's 5 pieces of paper in the bowl, and one is randomly chosen. Ranks don't have anything to do with the chances each gamemode has.
So like you say now, when there is one person with a rank who vote for OP is it also possible that it are normal chests?

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
o like you say now, when there is one person with a rank who vote for OP is it also possible that it are normal chests?
No, when one person is in a lobby, and votes op, again with the bowl example, he put his vote in a jar, and when one is randomly selected, that's the only vote in, so there's no way that anything other than what he voted would show up:p

Reactions: Thibo_Skillzz

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
The votes are fair. What isn't fair, is letting 2 people overpower 1 other without a single chance of the underdog getting what they want.

Reactions: GeldHaftige
D

Deleted member 169486

Voting for games works on a percentage system. If there were four people in a game, two voting overpowered, one basic, and one normal, then it would 50% chance overpowered, 25% basic, and 25% normal. There is still that chance of the vote going to the minority voted mode.
no clue if this is right I think I saw a staff say it.

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
I agree, its frustrating, but the higher amount of votes doesn't win, the votes are randomly selected.
Example -
=-=-=-=-=-=-
3 Overpowered votes : 75% chance of winning
2 Normal votes : 50% chance of winning
1 Basic : 25% chance of winning
=-=-=-=-=-=-

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I agree, its frustrating, but the higher amount of votes doesn't win, the votes are randomly selected.
Example -
=-=-=-=-=-=-
3 Overpowered votes : 75% chance of winning
2 Normal votes : 50% chance of winning
1 Basic : 25% chance of winning
=-=-=-=-=-=-
The sum of all the percentages is never above 100%. In eggwars, it's different: majority vote gets that variation selected.

Keyword is "randomly."

D

Deleted member 204478

As said above, the one with the highest votes does not have the chance of winning all the time.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe this would be against the EULA, as its not giving a chance for the lower ranked people to get a chance when in a voting situation.
I remember once, a while ago, normal items was voted 8 times in the team map: 'Trees' (Skywars).
The game ended up being overpowered, due to only 3 PEOPLE voting for it. Think about it, 2:8. What are the chances! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom