Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

imess_GM

Mar 18, 2018
The punch bow is a deadly and effective weapon on team eggwars as we all know. Though more often than not if a team manages to get a couple of diamonds and starts to camp, there will be punchbows involved which will make whichever team trying to push them have an impossible goal unless they buy an enderpearl. Heres where it gets interesting though: The enderpearl costs 64 diamonds and rightfully so, because you can fly anywhere you'd like with it within seconds. But, enderpearl and shield are the only counters to punchbow-camping. This means, that you could potentially use a shield to get to that specific island without taking any knockback, but at the same time, it would be almost impossible if not atleast timespending at building a bridge if for say 2 people are shooting at you with a punch bow, it will not only take time but theres also a risk with it, so u have to time it perfectly which also is fairly hard. The enderpearl is there fore the best option out of the two, but since it costs 64 dias and the punch bow costs 25, thats basically 3x the price just to counter the punchbow by itself. Me and some others recently discussed wether or not there was something to be done against this, because removing the punchbow wouldnt a good option because its the only counter to people running to u on bridge, because if theyre hit by a power bow they can block clutch fairly easily. Therefore, i think that the price of the punchbow should be more expensive, and rather around 40-45 diamonds to make it more balanced. Because that would mean that getting a punch bow would pretty much be the same as getting a lvl 3 dia gen, 2 full sets of iron or 2/3 of an enderpearl. The punch bow obviously isnt as good as the enderpearl but making the punchbow more balanced by choosing the price inbetween the 25 dias - 64 dias, which would land around 40-45. Please leave any feedback & suggestions on this thread since id like it to become reality. Thanks!

• Angry
Reactions: 404Owl

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
1616848270018.png

1616848285277.png

and also just being someone who knows how to deal with it

• Haha
Reactions: Zerynn

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I totally disagree with you. The punchbow is fine like it is now, because there are enough ways to fight against it.
Just like @iLuvQwls said, buying a shield would work already.
I play on Bedrock and cant buy a shield, but on Bedrock speedbuilding to the island works fine.

Reactions: stefan0910

imess_GM

Mar 18, 2018
I totally disagree with you. The punchbow is fine like it is now, because there are enough ways to fight against it.
Just like @iLuvQwls said, buying a shield would work already.
I play on Bedrock and cant buy a shield, but on Bedrock speedbuilding to the island works fine.
speedbuilding on bedrock is easier tho, or am i wrong? because u dont have to sneak outside of the block to place it infront of u correct?

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
speedbuilding on bedrock is easier tho, or am i wrong? because u dont have to sneak outside of the block to place it infront of u correct?
You are right. Speedbuilding on Bedrock is kinda weird because you can hold the button to place blocks, this make sprinting + jumping possible.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I don't agree with this suggestion, because punch bows have had their price increased already, from 12 dias in normal mode (and 15 in overpowered) to 25 in both. If you allow someone to buy punch bow, it's your own problem, and if someone gets a lvl3 diamond generator they will buy a punch bow anyways, even if the price is increased. And I'd also like to add that you could use the wall builders to counter punch bows!

Reactions: Vrachtschip
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom