Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

should cubecraft add a more mobile friendly interface to the forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello! once again its me, recently ive been sick and have been using the forums on my tablet, since i have larger fingers, i find that pressing some buttons are harder to press like the notification icons and submenus and the rest on the top panel, if we would have a mobile cubecraft site or more mobile friendly ui setting, it would influence more bedrock players, like pocket edition players, xbox players and soon to be ps4 players who dont have a pc to use the forums.

As a programmer and web designer myself, i know what it is like to build a website, it is not easy. and i understand why this idea could be unpopular or a pain for the web designers.

as cubecraft had moved to the bedrock editions and wants to appeal to a new audience, cubecraft should evolve their website to appeal more to their new audience.

this idea might be a bit overboard but it is something to think about.

have a nice day :)

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
Sadly, I don’t think this is possible, due to the fact that the CubeCraft Forums is based off an open-source forum creation software (called MyBB). For proof, if you look at the image of another server’s forums below, you’ll notice that it is similar to CubeCraft’s.
Because of this, there are restrictions on what we can do with the forum, because it is not completely ‘coded’ by CubeCraft from scratch. From all I know, the forum software is pretty old, older than 2013. And back then, it was very rare to be going on forums on mobile phones or consoles and such, which is why not much thought has gone into it.
I definitely agree with you that more people are going to be using the forums on a wider range of devices, but because of the forum software, I don’t think it’s possible for CubeCraft to change how it functions on mobile devices. And because there is so much content already on these forums, I don’t think CubeCraft will be switching forum software any time soon.
I’ve been on these forums on my phone a few times, and so far I haven’t experienced and ‘bugs’ but it’s still not ideal for the buttons to be that small. I’m only on the forums on my phone for a short amount of time anyway, and I very rarely make posts on my phone, so I don’t think it’s too much of a deal. At least MyBB somewhat thought about mobile devices at the time, you would have noticed the sidebar menu only visible on mobile devices.
Anyway, the idea is good, but unfortunately that’s not going to be possible. Thanks for your suggestion :)

3FBC2568-F20A-47FF-B29F-69C43CB319F5.jpeg

Image of another server’s forum software, similar to CubeCraft’s

Reactions: Finixly

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi there,
Sadly, I don’t think this is possible, due to the fact that the CubeCraft Forums is based off an open-source forum creation software (called MyBB). For proof, if you look at the image of another server’s forums below, you’ll notice that it is similar to CubeCraft’s.
Because of this, there are restrictions on what we can do with the forum, because it is not completely ‘coded’ by CubeCraft from scratch. From all I know, the forum software is pretty old, older than 2013. And back then, it was very rare to be going on forums on mobile phones or consoles and such, which is why not much thought has gone into it.
I definitely agree with you that more people are going to be using the forums on a wider range of devices, but because of the forum software, I don’t think it’s possible for CubeCraft to change how it functions on mobile devices. And because there is so much content already on these forums, I don’t think CubeCraft will be switching forum software any time soon.
I’ve been on these forums on my phone a few times, and so far I haven’t experienced and ‘bugs’ but it’s still not ideal for the buttons to be that small. I’m only on the forums on my phone for a short amount of time anyway, and I very rarely make posts on my phone, so I don’t think it’s too much of a deal. At least MyBB somewhat thought about mobile devices at the time, you would have noticed the sidebar menu only visible on mobile devices.
Anyway, the idea is good, but unfortunately that’s not going to be possible. Thanks for your suggestion :)

View attachment 160531
Image of another server’s forum software, similar to CubeCraft’s

CubeCraft uses Xenforo, not myBB.
It's still possible for Cube to make the forum more mobile friendly.

And anyways, it'd actually be easier for Cube to make their site more mobile friendly if it were on MyBB since it's open sourced lol.

Rifyy

Aug 19, 2019
And anyways, it'd actually be easier for Cube to make their site more mobile friendly if it were on MyBB since it's open sourced lol.
It being open source makes no difference in this case, if xenforo were to suddenly open source their products, it'd make no difference whatsoever in how easy it is to make the site more responsive. The difference in codebase between xenforo and MyBB might make it easier for one platform tho

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The idea is great itself.I don’t experience the same issue, but this is more like a personalised problem.
I suggest you zooming your screen when you can’t touch from the first time, it will help a little bit.I support this, because many people experience problems with clicking small icons or links.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
@Tom Dunkins no offence but do you know what open source even means? under specific licencing you will be able to modify and redistribute it. for example the linux kernel is free and open source software while you have distros like arch, debian, etc
Hi there,
I have great knowledge of what open-source means. It would just be very difficult for CubeCraft to edit something so big like that, that has already been made with nothing wrong with it at all. Sure, they can modify a few things, but just not so much that it makes the PC platform falter. I hope you understand where I’m coming from.
Thanks for your question :)

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom