Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Yes!

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
" I think it is time to nieuwr tanks to add to the server, because that will best be nice and that brings the server might have more success on. I have already talked about with people and who find it also a good idea. I think I already know which one. However determined the server itself. We're going to see, I'm going to talk about it with staff."

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I honestly think you're making too much assumption right now.

• 'CubeCraft loses players due to their high prices.'
So if people don't buy a rank because it's too high priced, they immediately leave the server? Why wouldn't they keep playing without rank?

• 'If ranks become cheaper, more players will buy a rank, which causes more players to join CubeCraft, which makes CubeCraft able to spend more money'
So your logic is: Ranks become cheaper -> more players. Like I said before, why would players only play on the server with a rank?
But I admit, once people have a rank, they will spend more time on Cubecraft because of their rank.
Your last conclusion however: 'makes CubeCraft able to spend more money', I think that's a huge assumption. Who says the new players (who occassionally buy a rank) give more money than the loss of money because of the cheaper ranks.
A normal company would have to spend a lot of time and money researching the results of a price change. That's is even harder to research for a Minecraft server.
(In the economics, this is called Elasticity: The change in demand regarding a price change)
  • I hate seeing a server like this die. Come on, grab your chance while you still can!
As I said, how do you know it will have good results for CubeCraft?
  • If you have more money you can develop more (good) updates, so that this server gets even more players
Basically the same as your second point.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that the prices are too high, considering they lost a lot of voting option at removed games.
I personally wouldn't spend a dime on a free server, but that's me being Dutch lol.

Reactions: Buuuddy

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Agreed. After all it does really make sense to make the price less, since they're reducing the size of the server as well.

But I feel like if they ever decide to implement this, people who have bought their rank paying the current price, should definitely get some sort of refund.
Refunds wouldn’t make this price change viable in any sense. If the people who bought overpriced ranks and I include myself decided to pay that much money it’s their fault not the server’s.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I honestly think you're making too much assumption right now.

• 'CubeCraft loses players due to their high prices.'
So if people don't buy a rank because it's too high priced, they immediately leave the server? Why wouldn't they keep playing without rank?

• 'If ranks become cheaper, more players will buy a rank, which causes more players to join CubeCraft, which makes CubeCraft able to spend more money'
So your logic is: Ranks become cheaper -> more players. Like I said before, why would players only play on the server with a rank?
But I admit, once people have a rank, they will spend more time on Cubecraft because of their rank.
Your last conclusion however: 'makes CubeCraft able to spend more money', I think that's a huge assumption. Who says the new players (who occassionally buy a rank) give more money than the loss of money because of the cheaper ranks.
A normal company would have to spend a lot of time and money researching the results of a price change. That's is even harder to research for a Minecraft server.
(In the economics, this is called Elasticity: The change in demand regarding a price change)
  • I hate seeing a server like this die. Come on, grab your chance while you still can!
  • If you have more money you can develop more (good) updates, so that this server gets even more players
Basically the same as your second point.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that the prices are too high, considering they lost a lot of voting option at removed games.
I personally wouldn't spend a dime on a free server, but that's me being Dutch lol.
If the prices become cheaper, more players would be able to afford them and the price difference will eventually be recovered with the increase in sales.

It is also true that high rank Hypixel less prices. That is just the same but the price is quite large compared Cubecraft. Hypixel is also still a larger server. I myself think the ranks on Cubecraft more fun. That's by design. That makes Cubecraft also so nice but the prices would be what can be dropped. Those are opinions that people express, that's my opinion. I continue to find it a nice server!

It is true that people would spend more time as the grades get lower costs. But if everyone has a rank then the server is also not fun, so I understand the decision of the server as well though.

Yes that I do not. First everyone was so impressed, the pro players especially. Now I see almost no one Minecraft player of the top online. That is quite apart. There are always new people online but a pity of those few pro players who have switched to other such games. But that is their choice, they come ever back "think" I. Let's hope so! Also the YouTube star of Netherlands: Enzo knol is unfortunately stopped but he comes back again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
17€ only map selection :V (can be better)
11€more for health selection (not bad)
11€more for time and gamemode in eggwars (good rank)
34€more for chest loot (good things but very expensive)
40€more for fly and minerware vote (good things but very expensive)
57€more for tower defende gamemode (wrost rank ever, bad things and the more money diference)

If you want a rank, the best are gold or diamond if you has much money emmerald
And if you found map selection only iron is good but is very expensive for only map selection

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
" I think it is time to nieuwr tanks to add to the server, because that will best be nice and that brings the server might have more success on. I have already talked about with people and who find it also a good idea. I think I already know which one. However determined the server itself. We're going to see, I'm going to talk about it with staff."
  1. We really don't need new ranks. That'ns not what I've suggested.
  2. I certainly don't think that you have to talk about it with staff, because yesterday I've already seen 4 staff members read my thread.
@Shallidor
|
v
Imagine this situation:
"I'd like to buy a rank on CubeCraft, but I don't have a lot of money. Let's see.. €17 for an iron rank that has almost no extra features!? On Hypixel I've seen the VIP rank for €6. Bye bye, CubeCraft, hello Hypixel!"

Of course this wouldn't affect the server after only 1 day/week. This has an effect on the long term

Compare this to an irl store. Example: We compare Jumbo to Albert Heijn. (2 well-known Dutch stores.)
If Albert Heijn offers you a high-quality product for €4, and Jumbo offers you the same product for only €2, you'll definitely purchase that product from the Jumbo. If Jumbo offers more cheap prices for the same quality, Albert Heijn will lose customers.

Reactions: Sweetenerera
D

Deleted member 436996

In my opinion it's not worth to buy a rank anymore.
I mean, almost everyone just joins a random map by right clicking on a NPC, and almost everyone votes the same thing, you don't get any good by buying a rank apart from flying in the same lobby over and over.

If I knew this update was going to happen, I wouldn't had ever bought a rank. Neither many of my friends. By removing many of the other exclusive games they had (blockwars, minerware, arcade... etc) they just made them worthless.

Also,
EggWars, SkyWars, Tower Defence, Lucky Islands & MUCH more!

Change this, don't lie. ''MUCH more!'' ain't 2 games.

(Store)

Ultimately, people upgrade their rank. For example, if you have iron grade then it costs less to upgrade your rank "thinking people". It's just the same but you only saved some money. I think if the ranks become cheaper that more people are interested to buy it, only on larger servers, it doesn't matter how many people a rank, there will always be a percentage of people over those no rank.

I know that the update what less, but I think they do not leave it at that. I have certainly no regrets that I have bought a rank. I always mark that on 1.8.9 rarely are people with a grade. However play there, in my opinion, more players than on the game mode 1.12..

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Any suggestions?
Can be upgraded 1000 times
But, if i have 150€ in my poket, buy obsidian rank is my last idea.

Iron 17> less than 10
Lapiz 28>less than 22
Gold 39> less than 34
Diamond 62> less than 48
Emmerald 102>less than 65
Obsidian 159>less than 80

None rank can be +100€
With 160€ i can buy +9 good games for computer.

Reactions: remio

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Can be upgraded 1000 times
But, if i have 150€ in my poket, buy obsidian rank is my last idea.

Iron 17> less than 10
Lapiz 28>less than 22
Gold 39> less than 34
Diamond 62> less than 48
Emmerald 102>less than 65
Obsidian 159>less than 80

None rank can be +100€
With 160€ i can buy +9 good games for computer.
Changing prices would be very unlikely. Have you got any suggestions for features ranks could get?

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Changing prices would be very unlikely. Have you got any suggestions for features ranks could get?
Do you has some idea?
If you dont update the game you cant update update ranks.
And 17€for map selection is very expensive
57€ only for tower defende vote option is horryble

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Well then rip my suggestion....

Anyway, some suggestions:
  • An example for obsidian+: Lures for lobby fishing. If there are seasonal items you can use a lure to have a chance of 10% to catch a seasonal item.
  • If you buy an obsidian rank, you'll get 1 month of plus for free. (This could be a christmas event.)
  • Ranked SkyWars. So, small maps that can only be filled by ranked players. (4-6 players per map.)

Reactions: Buuuddy
D

Deleted member 436996

Well then rip my suggestion....

Anyway, some suggestions:
  • An example for obsidian+: Lures for lobby fishing. If there are seasonal items you can use a lure to have a chance of 10% to catch a seasonal item.
  • If you buy an obsidian rank, you'll get 1 month of plus for free. (This could be a christmas event.)
  • Ranked SkyWars. So, small maps that can only be filled by ranked players. (4-6 players per map.)
No it's not dead! Just because a Staffer said it's ''very unlikely'' you shouldn't give up! This thread has potential. They can't keep selling 160€ ranks to kids, and less with the huge network quality drop (Removed tons of games), it's like if a game removed half of the content of it and they still selt it the same price, it just doesn't work.

And for the ideas given
1-This could be a great thing, but I do not think many people would buy a rank to play Lobby fishing.
2-Or maybe remove plus and makes it perks Obsidian only...?
3-Terrible, lol. Pay 2 Play, no thank you.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hi, I'm Remi and today I'd like to talk about the price of the ranks. In my opinion, they are very overpriced and I think they should cost less money. I totally understand that CubeCraft is a business, and that they have to gain money to exist, but if you want to earn money the prices should be reasonable. Otherwise people simply don't buy ranks.
Let's make a comparison with Hypixel. (Oh gosh I totally hate this, but it is necessary since Hypixel is on of CubeCraft's rivals.)

Hypixel's prices:
80b31a8253cfc8699799494d83373a00.png

€39.02 for the highest rank on the server. (In this case, the MVP++ rank doesn't count.)

CubeCraft's prices:
ac40933a362e7919b283984e6155b3b2.png

€159.29 for the highest rank. Sorry, but this is total madness. I mean, why would you spend money on CubeCraft's highest rank if you can buy Hypixel's highest rank for only €39.02? I don't know anything about business-related things, but I do know that the most players just move on to Hypixel or another server if the prices are too high. So, lower the prices. I'm not going to give examples of prices, since you are the owners, you know things about business so I think that you can make the best choice.

Why?
  • CubeCraft loses players due to their high prices.
  • If ranks become cheaper, more players will buy a rank, which causes more players to join CubeCraft, which makes CubeCraft able to spend more money on for example a web/anti-cheat developer. Wouldn't that be great?
  • If you have more money you can develop more (good) updates, so that this server gets even more players :)

Why not? As I said, grab your chance while you still can and while you still exist! I hope you will make this decision. Thanks for reading,

~Remi
This is why there are sales, which sometimes are over -50%

There is also this..
Why?
  • CubeCraft loses players due to their high prices.
  • If ranks become cheaper, more players will buy a rank, which causes more players to join CubeCraft, which makes CubeCraft able to spend more money on for example a web/anti-cheat developer. Wouldn't that be great?

Your first point, Cubecraft is not losing players due to the rank prices. Every Java server is losing players at this moment, and sure, you can also blame the updates though that's only one reason

Moving on to the second point, I don't think this makes any sense at all. Ranks cost this much so they'd be able to keep Cubecraft running, reducing the price and stating that they'd earn more money doesn't make any sense

Then your third point, I didn't expect you to say something like that ( :P ). The Cubecraft stats website is currently broken though when it was working, it did show Cubecraft still got 20.000 players daily, just not at the same time

And also going to comment on your last point, this is kind of the same as what I replied to your second point

Reactions: Shallidor
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom