Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
I just reported two players for racism, of which it was accepted. For this they only received a warning (permanent warning). My proposal for racism is an instant mute AND a warning rather than JUST the warning. Considering racism is an issue many people deal with on a day to day basis it is crazy to think it is solely a warning. I am surprised CubeCraft is not taking a tougher stand on it.

Edit: This will be the same with homophobia, sexism and any other discriminative behaviour to a person who is unique in anyway be it gender, sexuality or race.

The punishment track will be
14 day mute + Permanent warning (Unappealable) --> 30 day mute (warning will of course still remain)--> Permanent mute.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I just reported two players for racism, of which it was accepted. For this they only received a warning (permanent warning). My proposal for racism is an instant mute AND a warning rather than JUST the warning. Considering racism is an issue many people deal with on a day to day basis it is crazy to think it is solely a warning. I am surprised CubeCraft is not taking a tougher stand on it.

The punishment track will be
14 day mute + Permanent warning (Unappealable) --> 30 day mute (warning will of course still remain)--> Permanent mute.
i agree with this completely. There is no place for racism on a minecraft server

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Hey Karma,

As you can see in this picture ==>
1591118507107.png

We already instant mute for any kind of hate speech. So words meant to harm someone for who they are, aren't tolerated by our staff team. I think it would be interesting if you could contact the staff member who handled your reports and maybe ask him/her why they decided to warn the player.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
i agree with this completely. There is no place for racism on a minecraft server
Indeed, when i read the rules i was shocked that this wasn't its own rule.
Hey Karma,

As you can see in this picture ==>View attachment 166457

We already instant mute for any kind of hate speech. So words like nigger for example aren't tolerated by our staff team. I think it would be interesting if you would contact the staff member who handled your reports and maybe ask him/her why they decided to warn the player.
Hate speech clearly does require a warning if this staff member only warned said players. That is not a tough stand for such a sensitive topic and it really makes me question is that staff member a racist themselves.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Indeed, when i read the rules i was shocked that this wasn't its own rule.

Hate speech clearly does require a warning if this staff member only warned said players. That is not a tough stand for such a sensitive topic and it really makes me question is that staff member a racist themselves.
That's just a mistake, please contact them about it.

Last edited:

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
you say in your thread the warning must be unappealable? Why is that? Sometimes context could be innocuously assumes leading to a false punishment.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
you say in your thread the warning must be unappealable? Why is that? Sometimes context could be innocuously assumes leading to a false punishment.
by unappealable i was referring to the warning. Little did i know warnings were unappealable anyway.

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I think staff always want people to have a second chance. If you dont listen to the warning they can mute them anyways.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Hey Karma, thank you for bringing this up.

Here at CubeCraft, there is no place for any kind of discrimination. We agree that racism, sexism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination deserve a harsher punishment than ordinary swearing. Refered to as 'hate speech', we already distuingish discrimination from swearing. Hate speech does not require a warning and is muted for immediately.

We made a mistake when reviewing those two reports, probably because of confusion within the team. The punishments have been corrected, but we would still like to apologize. This was not how we wish to enforce the rules.

To give feedback on your suggestion: we do not wish to combine permanent warnings with punishments. Warnings are used with less serious violations where the user has a chance to adapt to our rules immediately. We continue to internally review the punishment tracks and will adjust it where necessary.

🔒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom