Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters, I have a suggestion that I think would be useful for most players to communicate with others.

When sending a private message to someone you can use /msg with all players and /fmsg exclusively with your friends. What's the difference between both commands? Well, /msg can only be used with players that are in your same game or lobby, while /fmsg can be used only with your friends but allow you to communicate with a player that is not necessarily in your same game or lobby.

What do I purpose then? I purpose to merge both commands in a single one that allows you to send a private message to any player, no matter where they are playing. Some people may say this would allow some annoying players to disturb others that are in a different lobby, but you can always add anyone who is disturbing you to your ignore list to avoid receiving messages from them anymore.
Why would this be useful? Well, it would allow you to talk with other people that are not on your friends list and can be useful in certain situations to contact with a certain player.

Leave your thoughts below and don't forget to react with :agree: if you would like to get this added.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I believe Microsofts privacy rules are preventing this.
This is a thing in the big majority of servers, that's why I suggest it. In case it goes against the privacy policy, you could create a privacy setting to decide whether you want to receive private messages from people you don't have added as friend or not.

Reactions: FoxFil_

Evaluatiefout

Jan 6, 2021
The Netherlands
This is a thing in the big majority of servers, that's why I suggest it. In case it goes against the privacy policy, you could create a privacy setting to decide whether you want to receive private messages from people you don't have added as friend or not.
If they could do it they would, but they can't. And other 'big majority' servers aren't Cubecraft, you can't compare them because they all work different.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
If they could do it they would, but they can't. And other 'big majority' servers aren't Cubecraft, you can't compare them because they all work different.
Maybe they just didn't think about it, that's the objective of the feedback & suggestions subforum, to receive suggestions from the community to try make the server better, specially on those things devs usually don't think about.

Evaluatiefout

Jan 6, 2021
The Netherlands
Maybe they just didn't think about it, that's the objective of the feedback & suggestions subforum, to receive suggestions from the community to try make the server better, specially on those things devs usually don't think about.
They did think about it, and its not gonna happen.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters, I have a suggestion that I think would be useful for most players to communicate with others.

When sending a private message to someone you can use /msg with all players and /fmsg exclusively with your friends. What's the difference between both commands? Well, /msg can only be used with players that are in your same game or lobby, while /fmsg can be used only with your friends but allow you to communicate with a player that is not necessarily in your same game or lobby.

What do I purpose then? I purpose to merge both commands in a single one that allows you to send a private message to any player, no matter where they are playing. Some people may say this would allow some annoying players to disturb others that are in a different lobby, but you can always add anyone who is disturbing you to your ignore list to avoid receiving messages from them anymore.
Why would this be useful? Well, it would allow you to talk with other people that are not on your friends list and can be useful in certain situations to contact with a certain player.

Leave your thoughts below and don't forget to react with :agree: if you would like to get this added.
Bump.

D

Deleted member 584093

there’s /f msg on bedrock?

BobGameBoy1

Jul 29, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
This would be amzaing i hate it when i want to type to someone and everyone can read it ?

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
This would be amzaing i hate it when i want to type to someone and everyone can read it ?
The suggestion is so you can communicate with other players that are not in the same lobby or game server than you if you do not have them added as friend. With the actual commands, you can only use /f msg to communicate with players that are not in your same server, my purpose is to change that as I think is stupid and almost all servers allow network wide private messages.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
CubeCraft is a featured server, which means it enforces Microsoft's policies, such as shadow muting and disabling /msg.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
If you were allowed to use private messages, rule-breaking messages would be very common.
That's up to the player, if someone says something inappropriate, just report and ignore them. That argument is just invalid, because your basis is that many players will break the chat rules, you can't disagree with a suggestion based on that.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
That's up to the player, if someone says something inappropriate, just report and ignore them. That argument is just invalid, because your basis is that many players will break the chat rules, you can't disagree with a suggestion based on that.
Tell Microsoft, not me. They're the ones who enforce those rules.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom