Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think BW CTF should be a perm game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
too big teams, players with no friends have no chance to even win!!!! also its frustrating playing against 6, 7, 8 players squad!!!!! game itself is fun just change team size pls!!!! featured is perfect and pls dont remove td its actually the most peaceful multiplayer minigame on cube!
thank u and bye

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I think they should just bring all the games that got removed and make cube great again and each individual game has their own lobby once again, don't understand why they removed half of the actual good games and kept the bad games which made the server x100 times worse hence why I don't play as much.
The games that remained were all the most popular by far, the removal issue is hard for most to understand because it was made with new players in mind and not people that have always been here who probably do not understand it at all. It's a complicated issue that has been replicated by other servers as well as us for good reasons.

-------------

As for BlockWars CTF, I personally support it being re-added but depending on future circumstances, right now it's pulling a pretty substantial amount of players, however our player count also shot up due to quarantine, it's very possible that after the lock-downs in many months it will end up not starting again at off-peak times, which would cause it to be on the chopping block again. It's all a guessing game, it was not removed for being a bad game.

It is in my opinion the only featured game at this time that should even be remotely considered for permanent status, however we can't use current numbers to gauge how well something is doing due to real world occurrences that will change going forward.

D

Deleted member 347571

Blockwars their playerbase might get bigger after giving it an update.. not just 1 map and 2 trapblocks since that won't make any difference. It needs a big update that will solve bugs and other stuff that is irritating the players, there are enough update threads where staff didn't do anything with.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
I tried playing CTF yesterday and it was the most frustrating thing I have ever done, I used to kinda like it, but now the game is very difficult for many reasons, teammates not knowing what to do, like sealing up the flag so you can't get a capture point or the fact it's common to see team trolling. The toxicity with members on there is horrible, and just the game gets boring when you hit stalemates, and the fact you can have the game end with no one winning, it's very discouraging, this is not the type of game that should return to Cubecraft. It's not the worst game in the world, but there are far better options to come back with fewer issues and more consistency. This post is most likely not going to get a lot of support, mainly from BW players, but instead of thinking how you feel about it, take it from someone who has played it casually here and there and had actually liked it at first but sees the errors it has. Also, consider the player base as a whole, is this a game people will want to play for a long period of time? I played maybe 2 hours worth yesterday, almost everyone was complaining about how pointless and boring it was, the only people who didn't complain where people either kill farming, being toxic, or team trolling, to the point where at the end when we hit another stalemate and no one won, I decided I won't play CTF unless it's the only option. This also stems from the fact that most of the maps go from flat and boring to way to impossible to play on because the flag is buried (Not referring to no void maps) Also I wouldn't think it's a fair assumption to say it's as popular as it seems as there have been so many cases of fake voting that at this point voting is almost pointless if you're going to cheat, also yesterday there were about 2 different games with almost a full amount of people going, so I don't see it is lively, it's also silly that it would be made a permanent game before other games that could be well off more popular, and with that the fact that people I have spoken to have claimed they don't vote because they know BW is going to win, fake votes aside I can understand why that's discouraging, but that dosen't mean it should be a featured game either, because if THAT happens it brings the issues I mentioned earlier into more of effect.

So no, I would not like to see this game past being featured. At least not for a long time.

P.S I am also slightly less opposed to this if Core is also implemented back with it, I love Core a lot more than CTF. :p
You do have a pretty good point. I can see how being in a stalemate almost all the time is frustrating and no fun at all. Even if you use logic about how it’s better then losing, it’s still discouraging since there is no fun to that. However, almost every game has horrible teammates though, especially what I’ve been hearing in Tower Defense and also team trolling as well. Farming kills is also in EggWars and in fact, could be worse in EggWars if the person farming kills has a max set of armor and gear. Yeah, the toxicity in BW is bad, but remember, other games also have that toxicity as well. Why would it be silly to have BW become permanent before any other game? If another featured game were more popular then BW, I could see that, but so far, no other featured game is more popular. The stalemate thing is a problem now that you mention it. I’ve been blinded by winning games too much to even realize it. Well, I do have a solution on how to fix that, but I can say that at a later time unless someone wants me to say it now. Also, I haven’t picked a choice yet, I’m in the middle right now.

too big teams, players with no friends have no chance to even win!!!! also its frustrating playing against 6, 7, 8 players squad!!!!! game itself is fun just change team size pls!!!! featured is perfect and pls dont remove td its actually the most peaceful multiplayer minigame on cube!
thank u and bye
Same could be said about EggWars, SkyWars - almost any pvp game on Cubecraft. Besides, I bet it’s more worse in there because the other team with higher numbers can get better gear and secure multiple loot spawners or chests. Also, if your outnumbered in blockwars, you get free resistance which means you can last longer. Does EggWars or any other game have that advantage for people with a heavy number disadvantage? Also, the more outnumbered you are, the more resistance you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Saruhh and Rohmi

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
20200415_131849.jpg

Reactions: Saruhh

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
You do have a pretty good point. I can see how being in a stalemate almost all the time is frustrating and no fun at all. Even if you use logic about how it’s better then losing, it’s still discouraging since there is no fun to that. However, almost every game has horrible teammates though, especially what I’ve been hearing in Tower Defense and also team trolling as well. Farming kills is also in EggWars and in fact, could be worse in EggWars if the person farming kills has a max set of armor and gear. Yeah, the toxicity in BW is bad, but remember, other games also have that toxicity as well. Why would it be silly to have BW become permanent before any other game? If another featured game were more popular then BW, I could see that, but so far, no other featured game is more popular. The stalemate thing is a problem now that you mention it. I’ve been blinded by winning games too much to even realize it. Well, I do have a solution on how to fix that, but I can say that at a later time unless someone wants me to say it now. Also, I haven’t picked a choice yet, I’m in the middle right now.

It's worse when everyone loses because there is 0 accomplishment and it can be abused especially when players have nothing better to do. The issue is, it's boring, it's the same thing, running at each other, unbalanced kits, trolling, toxicity, for 6 minutes to end up getting nothing and nowhere. TD is easier to report them and overcome it however, this isn't as much. Not as much, I've seen a dude with invisibility kit get 50 kills or more by sitting in the back and killing people making the game impossible, It would be silly because as I said there are probably better game options that would get more players with fewer issues. I mean Toxicity may be a thing, but this is a whole new level, 90% of my reports having to do with bullying and or harassment were on there. It can be really horrible and unenjoyable, and overall a bad image for the server to add a game that has a distinguishable amount of toxicity compared to their games. And no, there are many that have been more popular, Yesterday it peaked at about 100, slime survival has had 100s, Survival Games has done well, the fact of the matter is, it's not as popular as you might think, a lot of people voice there bordem and issues with it and nothing really has been done to help its the case. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, your good at the game, so of course, you crush the competition. I am now also worried this could get bot votes, and I don't know how the poll is supposed to work as mostly BW people will only vote which would mean it wins because if you don't know what it is most likely you'd vote no, but if you do know what it is, you were most likely linked by a friend to vote yes.

Saruhh

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
ur mom's house
The games that remained were all the most popular by far, the removal issue is hard for most to understand because it was made with new players in mind and not people that have always been here who probably do not understand it at all. It's a complicated issue that has been replicated by other servers as well as us for good reasons.

-------------

As for BlockWars CTF, I personally support it being re-added but depending on future circumstances, right now it's pulling a pretty substantial amount of players, however our player count also shot up due to quarantine, it's very possible that after the lock-downs in many months it will end up not starting again at off-peak times, which would cause it to be on the chopping block again. It's all a guessing game, it was not removed for being a bad game.

It is in my opinion the only featured game at this time that should even be remotely considered for permanent status, however we can't use current numbers to gauge how well something is doing due to real world occurrences that will change going forward.
honestly, story, ty for even looking at this. i hope in the future it'll get added back.

I think they should just bring all the games that got removed and make cube great again and each individual game has their own lobby once again, don't understand why they removed half of the actual good games and kept the bad games which made the server x100 times worse hence why I don't play as much.
AGREE, I MISS THE OLD CUBE

I tried playing CTF yesterday and it was the most frustrating thing I have ever done, I used to kinda like it, but now the game is very difficult for many reasons, teammates not knowing what to do, like sealing up the flag so you can't get a capture point or the fact it's common to see team trolling. The toxicity with members on there is horrible, and just the game gets boring when you hit stalemates, and the fact you can have the game end with no one winning, it's very discouraging, this is not the type of game that should return to Cubecraft. It's not the worst game in the world, but there are far better options to come back with fewer issues and more consistency. This post is most likely not going to get a lot of support, mainly from BW players, but instead of thinking how you feel about it, take it from someone who has played it casually here and there and had actually liked it at first but sees the errors it has. Also, consider the player base as a whole, is this a game people will want to play for a long period of time? I played maybe 2 hours worth yesterday, almost everyone was complaining about how pointless and boring it was, the only people who didn't complain where people either kill farming, being toxic, or team trolling, to the point where at the end when we hit another stalemate and no one won, I decided I won't play CTF unless it's the only option. This also stems from the fact that most of the maps go from flat and boring to way to impossible to play on because the flag is buried (Not referring to no void maps) Also I wouldn't think it's a fair assumption to say it's as popular as it seems as there have been so many cases of fake voting that at this point voting is almost pointless if you're going to cheat, also yesterday there were about 2 different games with almost a full amount of people going, so I don't see it is lively, it's also silly that it would be made a permanent game before other games that could be well off more popular, and with that the fact that people I have spoken to have claimed they don't vote because they know BW is going to win, fake votes aside I can understand why that's discouraging, but that dosen't mean it should be a featured game either, because if THAT happens it brings the issues I mentioned earlier into more of effect.

So no, I would not like to see this game past being featured. At least not for a long time.

P.S I am also slightly less opposed to this if Core is also implemented back with it, I love Core a lot more than CTF. :p
Ok so, the game takes skill and strategy. maybe u just lack those (for this particular game)? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I mean, just don't play it, lol. I know loads of people that would like to see this game back, and I really think it should be given another chance. Also, core is just straight garbage. It's 10x worse than CTF. It 1) takes too long to get the core from 25 all the way down to zero and 2) more people camp when it's core, so that makes it less enjoyable.

Reactions: Sapphii_ and Eli

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok so, the game takes skill and strategy. maybe u just lack those (for this particular game)? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I mean, just don't play it, lol. I know loads of people that would like to see this game back, and I really think it should be given another chance. Also, core is just straight garbage. It's 10x worse than CTF. It 1) takes too long to get the core from 25 all the way down to zero and 2) more people camp when it's core, so that makes it less enjoyable.

I really don't see the skill or strategy, weather playing against good players or with them, in the end, it really seems like we throw ourselves at them and hopefully do something, not sure if your trying to throw shade at me or not, but I win maybe half the games I play, while the rest are total nightmares. And by telling me not to play it then is my opinion not as good if I apparently don't like it? If Cube is going to feature this I might as well try it out here and there but now I, like others, am discouraged in doing so, so that's not a good idea to tell them not to play it. Also, you say a lot of people but the numbers yesterday were laughable. The core is actually pretty fun if you get a decent team, I enjoy it, again that's just me a lot more than CTF.

Saruhh

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
ur mom's house
I really don't see the skill or strategy, weather playing against good players or with them, in the end, it really seems like we throw ourselves at them and hopefully do something, not sure if your trying to throw shade at me or not, but I win maybe half the games I play, while the rest are total nightmares. And so because I don't play it I am not entitled to give my opinion? Also, you say a lot of people but the numbers yesterday were laughable. The core is actually pretty fun if you get a decent team, I enjoy it, again that's just me a lot more than CTF.
girl, i said "not to be rude," no one is throwing shade... and i thought the number peaked around 300 yesterday, lol. even today, in its last 30 minutes there were around 270 players on it. in addition, i never said you couldn't give your opinion, lol, i was just giving my opinion back.

Reactions: Kawaakarii

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
girl, i said "not to be rude," no one is throwing shade... and i thought the number peaked around 300 yesterday, lol. even today, in its last 30 minutes there were around 270 players on it. in addition, i never said you couldn't give your opinion, lol, i was just giving me opinion back.

I played most of the time yesterday in 1.9 so if this was 1.8 then I may be wrong if not there were maybe 2 games going on most of the time.

Saruhh

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
ur mom's house
I played most of the time yesterday in 1.9 so if this was 1.8 then I may be wrong if not there were maybe 2 games going on most of the time.
I played it in 1.9 and I played for a long time yesterday. I think maybe you got on later when it was dead (as all of the games are at "night") but durin' the day that shi was poppin.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I played it in 1.9 and I played for a long time yesterday. I think maybe you got on later when it was dead (as all of the games are at "night") but durin' the day that shi was poppin.

It may be because of our timezones, but I was still on for almost 8 hours maybe, and maybe that was the dead zone? Even if that was the case, my other points still stand.

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
Same could be said about EggWars, SkyWars - almost any pvp game on Cubecraft. Besides, I bet it’s more worse in there because the other team with higher numbers can get better gear and secure multiple loot spawners or chests. Also, if your outnumbered in blockwars, you get free resistance which means you can last longer. Does EggWars or any other game have that advantage for people with a heavy number disadvantage? Also, the more outnumbered you are, the more resistance you get.

ya but if u gonna compare it to eggy and other gamemodes, there are maps for 2, 3, 4, 5 players! in bw its only 8 player maps! its frustrating when u constantly get matched up against 8 players teams!!! it would be less frustrating if its a 4v4 match but thats not the case... i think cube is trying to make the server less toxic as possible and bw games can get pretty toxic when you play again big squads!

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
Two point I'd like to point out:
1. Even if its added as permanent game, it will still die from the game's internal flaw and people getting bored at the game (since the chance it gets updated is minimal)
2. If the game is not added as permanent game, the chance of it being updated is absolute zero
Choose wisely

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
It's worse when everyone loses because there is 0 accomplishment and it can be abused especially when players have nothing better to do. The issue is, it's boring, it's the same thing, running at each other, unbalanced kits, trolling, toxicity, for 6 minutes to end up getting nothing and nowhere. TD is easier to report them and overcome it however, this isn't as much. Not as much, I've seen a dude with invisibility kit get 50 kills or more by sitting in the back and killing people making the game impossible, It would be silly because as I said there are probably better game options that would get more players with fewer issues. I mean Toxicity may be a thing, but this is a whole new level, 90% of my reports having to do with bullying and or harassment were on there. It can be really horrible and unenjoyable, and overall a bad image for the server to add a game that has a distinguishable amount of toxicity compared to their games. And no, there are many that have been more popular, Yesterday it peaked at about 100, slime survival has had 100s, Survival Games has done well, the fact of the matter is, it's not as popular as you might think, a lot of people voice there bordem and issues with it and nothing really has been done to help its the case. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, your good at the game, so of course, you crush the competition. I am now also worried this could get bot votes, and I don't know how the poll is supposed to work as mostly BW people will only vote which would mean it wins because if you don't know what it is most likely you'd vote no, but if you do know what it is, you were most likely linked by a friend to vote yes.
Unbalanced kits is definitely a problem in blockwars. Not gonna lie, the speed 2 on runner gives it a huge advantage. Some kits definitely need nerfing. What do you mean by better game option? Like the current other featured games or an idea for them such as speed EggWars? Well, even if blockwars were to be made permanent, would it really change the image of the server with other games that are just as toxic? And btw, it was peaked at around 250 people yesterday from when I logged on. I just hope on the future these issues are able to get fixed, but right now, featured games doesn’t seem to get as much updates.
ya but if u gonna compare it to eggy and other gamemodes, there are maps for 2, 3, 4, 5 players! in bw its only 8 player maps! its frustrating when u constantly get matched up against 8 players teams!!! it would be less frustrating if its a 4v4 match but thats not the case... i think cube is trying to make the server less toxic as possible and bw games can get pretty toxic when you play again big squads!
That is true, but you would still be at a disadvantage either way if you are outnumbered. Besides, I bet it’s worse if there is less competition for those who are in small parties in small games with teams of 2, 3, etc. More easier to get the egg when there is less people around. It is frustrating indeed, but that’s how it is with every other gamemode when your outnumbered. From my experience, I find that going against smaller parties tends to be more toxic for some reason. Not sure if that’s the case for the rest of you guys though.

dave innit

Novice Member
Nov 23, 2017
dave
The game would not die out if cube cared enough to give it an update that would do something more major, not just new maps. Point is, if a game gets added permanently it should get updates, if not regularly then at least major ones every once in a while. If the game dies out because no updates come into place, it is cubecraft's fault, they are meant to be keeping the game alive. you cant expect a person to play the same thing without any twists every once in a while like special kits for a certain period or maybe even somehow new modes. Whilst there are issues with the game, so are with many others and you cannot overlook that. You cannot make every game perfect. A refresh of the game would honestly help the longevity of the game, because its obvious that it is behind compared to many other games like skywars in the sense of more kits, game options etc

Point is, it will be cubecraft's fault if the game doesnt get an update if its added and it dies out. and you cannot deny that, because the playerbase doesnt make the updates. there have been so many suggestions of maps and even kits even though the game is literally not even permanent, and the community that plays this game strongly, engage with them. If you are not a part of the blockwars community you would not have a concept or idea of how much people actually care about the game. This shows that the community still wants something and will dearly play this game, and it shows the loyalty of these players.

And another point is, people dont know how to even play the game?? well ofc they dont because its not permanent. every game has smooth brains who have no idea how to play and blockwars is no exception. but it is not even permanent so do you expect the steves and alexes to just know how to play it when they only have hours to play it? just like we all started off as noobs at games, it took time to build up skill, just like with our pvp. and not every game is frustration, as the game is based on offense, and camping/defensive games really do stretch out, but so they can in eggwars.

itd be a ver interesting idea for 4v4+ maps nonetheless, and i would genuinely want to try it out or see how it goes. once more, that could be an update that could revive the game partially for a period, unless the update isnt taken on well. but this is what we need, ideas for the game to stay relevant. because an unupdated game wont stay alive by itself. and smaller parties that dont want to face off against big ones can slot into those game. toxicity in blockwars is annoying, as it is in every game like in eggwars or skywars 10v10s. and if you are in a small party, a wider map choice would be helpful, especially that when blockwars does appear, huge parties e.g Mighty or Elite or a bunch of other great friend groups which build up this loyal community are very common, which in my opinion does say a lot about this game.

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
It's worse when everyone loses because there is 0 accomplishment and it can be abused especially when players have nothing better to do. The issue is, it's boring, it's the same thing, running at each other, unbalanced kits, trolling, toxicity, for 6 minutes to end up getting nothing and nowhere.

What? So basically because the game has the purpose of doing something (capturing the flag) it means the game is boring? There are still different maps, different ways to capture, different teams, different fights, PvP, different kits to use, different strategies to use, creativity is the limits and there will never be a match that is 100% copy of another. Your point doesn't make sense either, yes, the point of BlockWars is to capture the flag, in eggwars is break the egg and kill other people, all the games of eggwars will follow the same structure, you buy things to kill other people's eggs and then kill them. Do you get anywhere or anything? Well, you don't get anywhere? No, right?

TD is easier to report them and overcome it however, this isn't as much. Not as much, I've seen a dude with invisibility kit get 50 kills or more by sitting in the back and killing people making the game impossible, It would be silly because as I said there are probably better game options that would get more players with fewer issues.

This makes no sense to me. There are no campers in Blockwars, only people defending the flag, and if that is their playstyle who are you to judge them? There are also people in Eggwars and Skywars that decide to camp and put the game on a slower rhythm, and that is fine because it's their playstyle and no one should judge them.
"There are probably better game options that would get more players with fewer issues" mind listing some? It's easy to say that a game can be more alive and less toxic without giving the name of the game.

I mean Toxicity may be a thing, but this is a whole new level, 90% of my reports having to do with bullying and or harassment were on there. It can be really horrible and unenjoyable, and overall a bad image for the server to add a game that has a distinguishable amount of toxicity compared to their games.

Every single game on the CubeCraft Network has toxic people (except Parkour) every single one. You can't judge a game's viability only because of the toxicity it has. FFA currently has 335 players on its own and it's definitely the most toxic game on the Network. It can be horrible and unenjoyable and so can all the other games, even Parkour, I can find a map of parkour horrible and unenjoyable too, so I can find a game of Eggwars unenjoyable and horrible and with a lot of toxic people in it. It's all about matchups, it depends on the people you're facing and I've hardly found anyone who has bullied or harassed anyone in my games of Blockwars, and I've played more than 9000.

And no, there are many that have been more popular, Yesterday it peaked at about 100, slime survival has had 100s, Survival Games has done well, the fact of the matter is, it's not as popular as you might think, a lot of people voice there bordem and issues with it and nothing really has been done to help its the case. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, your good at the game, so of course, you crush the competition.
Yesterday it peaked around 285 when I was online at 5 pm. Maybe it's because of your timezone, but it definitely had way more than 100. Same with Slime Survival, I saw it at 250-ish. This is not a competition for popularity though, Slime Survival is really enjoyable and all, and if someone suggested making it permanent I would also give my opinion on it, but if we're comparing between Blockwars and Slime Survival Blockwars definitely wins, we only have to look at the statistics of the players to see if the game has more usual players or not, slime survival's top one has 1.000 wins, Blockwars's top one has 10.000 wins which is a signal that Slime Survival is mainly based by people who play it in a few instances and then leave it, whereas Blockwar's community remains strong and shows support to the game in the forums.
I am now also worried this could get bot votes, and I don't know how the poll is supposed to work as mostly BW people will only vote which would mean it wins because if you don't know what it is most likely you'd vote no, but if you do know what it is, you were most likely linked by a friend to vote yes.
If the votation got botted the staff would act on it, end of that problem, and so, what if mostly Blockwars people vote on it? Aren't we the community who really loves the game and we want it back? That's like if you made a thread about Slime Survival and only the Slime Survival community voted, would that made it less valid? No. Definitely not a valid point to rest importance to the poll.

I really don't see the skill or strategy, weather playing against good players or with them, in the end, it really seems like we throw ourselves at them and hopefully do something, not sure if your trying to throw shade at me or not, but I win maybe half the games I play, while the rest are total nightmares. And by telling me not to play it then is my opinion not as good if I apparently don't like it? If Cube is going to feature this I might as well try it out here and there but now I, like others, am discouraged in doing so, so that's not a good idea to tell them not to play it. Also, you say a lot of people but the numbers yesterday were laughable. The core is actually pretty fun if you get a decent team, I enjoy it, again that's just me a lot more than CTF.
The skill is on team working to capture the flag whilst the other team is trying to defend the flag as a whole, I don't really see how a game can be a nightmare either ways, maybe you're just focussing too much on the game and forgetting it is, indeed, just a game. She's telling you not to play it, besides, because you're complaining about how bad the game is and how you're bored of it, not shading at all. Besides, the numbers yesterday weren't laughable at all with a total of 285 players surpassing Minerware and Parkour.

I tried playing CTF yesterday and it was the most frustrating thing I have ever done, I used to kinda like it, but now the game is very difficult for many reasons, teammates not knowing what to do, like sealing up the flag so you can't get a capture point or the fact it's common to see team trolling.
This could also apply to other games, like tower defense, where your teammates don't know what to do, they misplace towers, team trolling, and people getting salty over losing. It happens on literally every game, and, it's not the player's fault, you can always tell them "go inside of our flag zone to capture" and I assure you (at least in my experience) that it works, people don't know how to play the game when they join the Network, they need guidance and support to know how to play it, saying a game isn't valid to become permanent only because the game has new players that don't understand the game is just lame.

The toxicity with members on there is horrible, and just the game gets boring when you hit stalemates, and the fact you can have the game end with no one winning, it's very discouraging, this is not the type of game that should return to Cubecraft.
It's usually fast-paced for me, maybe that's because I play in a party with friends and work as a team to win games quickly, the game can end with no one winning and that's true, but so can other games like Football, does that mean it's discouraging and not the type of game that people would like to play? No. Definitely not, the fact that you can draw can sometimes make the game more exciting, sometimes you only play to draw, sometimes you only play for the excitement of "Are we gonna cap" "Are they gonna cap", and sometimes draw. It's definitely not a bad thing.
It's not the worst game in the world, but there are far better options to come back with fewer issues and more consistency.
Name another featured game with a consistent community that supports the game fully that wants it back other than Blockwars.

This post is most likely not going to get a lot of support, mainly from BW players, but instead of thinking how you feel about it, take it from someone who has played it casually here and there and had actually liked it at first but sees the errors it has.
Think of it as a game that's been ignored for a very long time even if the community begged it to become permanent. Think of it as a game that's got a ton of support from the USUAL players (Which, to be fair, are the ones that keep the game actually alive and make it have a purpose). Yes, as a casual player you may struggle to find it fun, but that can apply to all the games, you can not find fun Minerware, Eggwars, Skywars, Tower Defense or Lucky Islands, a person could had liked one of this games at first but then saw that it has errors (all the games have errors) should that mean we remove these games?
By the way, list the errors (saying "I get harassed by the whole community doesn't count as an error as I already explained that you can get harassed by anyone in any community (not saying it's right, but it can happen anywhere).

Also, consider the player base as a whole, is this a game people will want to play for a long period of time? I played maybe 2 hours worth yesterday, almost everyone was complaining about how pointless and boring it was, the only people who didn't complain where people either kill farming, being toxic, or team trolling, to the point where at the end when we hit another stalemate and no one won, I decided I won't play CTF unless it's the only option.

I hardly see anyone saying "this game is boring", or "this game is pointless" in the game, essentially because people are focussed on playing it more than actual typing, and the only people that type are those who are lost and don't know how to play the game. If you don't know how to play the game then yes you might find it boring and pointless, but that's with every game, again.

This also stems from the fact that most of the maps go from flat and boring to way to impossible to play on because the flag is buried (Not referring to no void maps)
What do you mean with the flag buried?

Also I wouldn't think it's a fair assumption to say it's as popular as it seems as there have been so many cases of fake voting that at this point voting is almost pointless if you're going to cheat.
I don't think it's a fair assumption to say a game isn't popular because a person made 23 fake votes. The game without fake votes got 60-ish votes, which makes it still more popular than other games, without counting the people that don't have forum accounts that also play it, either usually or casually.

Also yesterday there were about 2 different games with almost a full amount of people going, so I don't see it is lively, it's also silly that it would be made a permanent game before other games that could be well off more popular.
Yesterday there were more than 2 different games going at European peak hours where it had over 285 players, and again, if a game can be more popular than Blockwars then say it, suggest to make it become permanent and see the results.

And with that the fact that people I have spoken to have claimed they don't vote because they know BW is going to win, fake votes aside I can understand why that's discouraging, but that dosen't mean it should be a featured game either, because if THAT happens it brings the issues I mentioned earlier into more of effect.
How is that Blockwars's problem though? A huge portion of the community has never ever cheated on the votation, only a few people who are mad, but either way, the fact someone alt's doesn't change the real votation since Camezonda always checks if someone has used alts. If someone is afraid to vote because they know Blockwars is going to win the votation *fairly* then that's not a Blockwars's community problem, we vote and support our game and we make it win, maybe other communities should learn from Blockwars and make their favorite game win.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Off to work in the rain :((
Have a nice rest of ur day everyone xx
qKhalidd wrote on freddieboi1's profile.
happy birthday
Thunder wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy birthday!!
qKhalidd wrote on Mandyy's profile.
happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy Bday 🎉
Top Bottom