Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think BW CTF should be a perm game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I don’t agree on this. They change games time to time to keep them hyped up. If it will be a permanent game it would drop the hype and the amount of players.

dave innit

Novice Member
Nov 23, 2017
dave
i definitely agree
Blockwars their playerbase might get bigger after giving it an update.. not just 1 map and 2 trapblocks since that won't make any difference. It needs a big update that will solve bugs and other stuff that is irritating the players, there are enough update threads where staff didn't do anything with.

i 100% agree, this is exactly the thing blockwars has been waiting for, wipe the dust off the game and add new things. then the playerbase will thrive more. if the game becomes permanent, the cubecraft should care for it and do things to assist the longevity which they definitely do desire and account for because the game would be permanent for a reason. you make a game perm to have players play it ---> give it updates and more players will come or a huge portion will continue to enjoy and stay ---> bringing a game back perm and leaving it like that is completely insane, you will eventually stop getting anything out of it, so prevent that.

dave innit

Novice Member
Nov 23, 2017
dave
I don’t agree on this. They change games time to time to keep them hyped up. If it will be a permanent game it would drop the hype and the amount of players.

you just refuted your own point. if the game is permanent and they update it, its to keep it hyped up. then you say if it is permanent it will drop the hype? THEN DO WHAT YOU SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE, UPDATE IT LOOOOL

Saruhh

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
ur mom's house
What? So basically because the game has the purpose of doing something (capturing the flag) it means the game is boring? There are still different maps, different ways to capture, different teams, different fights, PvP, different kits to use, different strategies to use, creativity is the limits and there will never be a match that is 100% copy of another. Your point doesn't make sense either, yes, the point of BlockWars is to capture the flag, in eggwars is break the egg and kill other people, all the games of eggwars will follow the same structure, you buy things to kill other people's eggs and then kill them. Do you get anywhere or anything? Well, you don't get anywhere? No, right?

This makes no sense to me. There are no campers in Blockwars, only people defending the flag, and if that is their playstyle who are you to judge them? There are also people in Eggwars and Skywars that decide to camp and put the game on a slower rhythm, and that is fine because it's their playstyle and no one should judge them.
"There are probably better game options that would get more players with fewer issues" mind listing some? It's easy to say that a game can be more alive and less toxic without giving the name of the game.

Every single game on the CubeCraft Network has toxic people (except Parkour) every single one. You can't judge a game's viability only because of the toxicity it has. FFA currently has 335 players on its own and it's definitely the most toxic game on the Network. It can be horrible and unenjoyable and so can all the other games, even Parkour, I can find a map of parkour horrible and unenjoyable too, so I can find a game of Eggwars unenjoyable and horrible and with a lot of toxic people in it. It's all about matchups, it depends on the people you're facing and I've hardly found anyone who has bullied or harassed anyone in my games of Blockwars, and I've played more than 9000.

Yesterday it peaked around 285 when I was online at 5 pm. Maybe it's because of your timezone, but it definitely had way more than 100. Same with Slime Survival, I saw it at 250-ish. This is not a competition for popularity though, Slime Survival is really enjoyable and all, and if someone suggested making it permanent I would also give my opinion on it, but if we're comparing between Blockwars and Slime Survival Blockwars definitely wins, we only have to look at the statistics of the players to see if the game has more usual players or not, slime survival's top one has 1.000 wins, Blockwars's top one has 10.000 wins which is a signal that Slime Survival is mainly based by people who play it in a few instances and then leave it, whereas Blockwar's community remains strong and shows support to the game in the forums.

If the votation got botted the staff would act on it, end of that problem, and so, what if mostly Blockwars people vote on it? Aren't we the community who really loves the game and we want it back? That's like if you made a thread about Slime Survival and only the Slime Survival community voted, would that made it less valid? No. Definitely not a valid point to rest importance to the poll.

The skill is on team working to capture the flag whilst the other team is trying to defend the flag as a whole, I don't really see how a game can be a nightmare either ways, maybe you're just focussing too much on the game and forgetting it is, indeed, just a game. She's telling you not to play it, besides, because you're complaining about how bad the game is and how you're bored of it, not shading at all. Besides, the numbers yesterday weren't laughable at all with a total of 285 players surpassing Minerware and Parkour.

This could also apply to other games, like tower defense, where your teammates don't know what to do, they misplace towers, team trolling, and people getting salty over losing. It happens on literally every game, and, it's not the player's fault, you can always tell them "go inside of our flag zone to capture" and I assure you (at least in my experience) that it works, people don't know how to play the game when they join the Network, they need guidance and support to know how to play it, saying a game isn't valid to become permanent only because the game has new players that don't understand the game is just lame.

It's usually fast-paced for me, maybe that's because I play in a party with friends and work as a team to win games quickly, the game can end with no one winning and that's true, but so can other games like Football, does that mean it's discouraging and not the type of game that people would like to play? No. Definitely not, the fact that you can draw can sometimes make the game more exciting, sometimes you only play to draw, sometimes you only play for the excitement of "Are we gonna cap" "Are they gonna cap", and sometimes draw. It's definitely not a bad thing.

Name another featured game with a consistent community that supports the game fully that wants it back other than Blockwars.

Think of it as a game that's been ignored for a very long time even if the community begged it to become permanent. Think of it as a game that's got a ton of support from the USUAL players (Which, to be fair, are the ones that keep the game actually alive and make it have a purpose). Yes, as a casual player you may struggle to find it fun, but that can apply to all the games, you can not find fun Minerware, Eggwars, Skywars, Tower Defense or Lucky Islands, a person could had liked one of this games at first but then saw that it has errors (all the games have errors) should that mean we remove these games?
By the way, list the errors (saying "I get harassed by the whole community doesn't count as an error as I already explained that you can get harassed by anyone in any community (not saying it's right, but it can happen anywhere).

I hardly see anyone saying "this game is boring", or "this game is pointless" in the game, essentially because people are focussed on playing it more than actual typing, and the only people that type are those who are lost and don't know how to play the game. If you don't know how to play the game then yes you might find it boring and pointless, but that's with every game, again.

What do you mean with the flag buried?

I don't think it's a fair assumption to say a game isn't popular because a person made 23 fake votes. The game without fake votes got 60-ish votes, which makes it still more popular than other games, without counting the people that don't have forum accounts that also play it, either usually or casually.

Yesterday there were more than 2 different games going at European peak hours where it had over 285 players, and again, if a game can be more popular than Blockwars then say it, suggest to make it become permanent and see the results.

How is that Blockwars's problem though? A huge portion of the community has never ever cheated on the votation, only a few people who are mad, but either way, the fact someone alt's doesn't change the real votation since Camezonda always checks if someone has used alts. If someone is afraid to vote because they know Blockwars is going to win the votation *fairly* then that's not a Blockwars's community problem, we vote and support our game and we make it win, maybe other communities should learn from Blockwars and make their favorite game win.
go off—

Reactions: dave innit

dave innit

Novice Member
Nov 23, 2017
dave
.Also, you say a lot of people but the numbers yesterday were laughable. The core is actually pretty fun if you get a decent team, I enjoy it, again that's just me a lot more than CTF.

IF you get a decent team, when you dont it aint that fun anymore is it ay? almost 300 players is not laughable when t beats minerware parkour and tower defence. come on at peak hours and see how well it does for its unupdated and 'toxic' self. you can get a decent team every game or no game. you have a bad day or you have a good day. you can have bad teams in tower defence and its not fun, but when you get a good team at tower defense its fun. take the loss to the chin or stop moaning about bad teams. ctf is running at each other and it amounts to nothing? then amount to something that game, play better, if you knew strategies and plays more and when to use certain kits you could avoid a stalemate. but hey, thats just a theory, a game theory.

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
I think that if they make a featured game permanent it will get a good amount of players at the start but it will slowly die off to be nearly empty as everyone can play it all the time. With the featured game there is more hype to play it and everyone is "forced" to play that game.
Featured games are a really nice solution for the amount of "dead" games there were in the past.

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
They should definitely add it back it used to compete with lucky island back in the day and even as a featured game mode it competes with parkour, td and mineware. It will also make newer players keep rejoining to play this game mode they never really experienced. Could definitely use an update and BRING BACK TEAM BALANCING PLEASE.

Reactions: God. and dave innit

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
From what I have seen this is one of the most popular featured gamodes on the list, because many players like it.
It is a very fun gamode to play, which doesn’t get boring easily, plus there is a ,,Core mode” as well.
I think adding it back will definitely boost up the number of players, which is always nice, right?
That’s why I vote with yEs

D

Deleted member 347571

3ww0b3.jpg

Reactions: God. and Lyriie
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #54-
The original Enderman had green eyes, and emitted smoke particles. They were later changed to purple eyes, and now Enderman emit purple teleportation particles instead of smoke.
Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Top Bottom