Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoTheGamer

Aug 24, 2017
to prevent spam, i think that you could send one mail to one person in 15 minutes or something. Nice idea!

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
This suggestion is also been shown once before on the forums. And I would like to see this ingame + 1:)

FrieskePro

Feb 28, 2017
Suggestion:

Add a mail command. /mail send <user> (message)

Reason:

Sometimes you can't contact people through Discord etc. Therefore, adding a /mail command, you can message someone who is offline.

Other Information:

/mail send <user> (message) : to send mail

/mail read : When you log-in to CC, it will say something like You have 2 mails! Do /mail read to read mail.

/mail clear : After reading the mail, you can use this command to clear your mailbox.

Pros: Can communicate to people who you don't have any other ways of contact with (Skype, Discord, etc.)

Cons:

S P A M
(any way to fix this?)

EDIT: Give an option to enable who you get mails from. [All/Friends/None]

An alternative to /mail...
Mails are written down in the MC book & quill GUI.
When reading the mail, a written book GUI will pop up on your screen which you can read through.

OMG ! i had the same idea ! thats because i love it !!!
its to handy u can message offline minecrafters

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Suggestion:

Reason:

Sometimes you can't contact people through Discord etc. Therefore, adding a /mail command, you can message someone who is offline.

Other Information:

/mail read : When you log-in to CC, it will say something like You have 2 mails! Do /mail read to read mail.

/mail clear : After reading the mail, you can use this command to clear your mailbox.

Pros: Can communicate to people who you don't have any other ways of contact with (Skype, Discord, etc.)

Cons:

S P A M
(any way to fix this?)

When reading the mail, a written book GUI will pop up on your screen which you can read through.
Been suggested a few times, and many people seem to like it. Cons, it doesn't really seem like suggestions other than updates to games are implemented. None the less, good idea! +1

AmyFove_714

Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I would love to see this suggestion on Cubecraft it would be a great addition to the server, but yes I agree that their should be something put in place to stop spamming such as a limit per day :D

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
Seems pointless, this can be spammed very easily. Advertising would be very easily, one guy can /mail their website/server to litteraly everyone in a lobby. Hate speach and by passing the filter would be common, especially since there is no way for staff to monitor this (And if they could then it would be pointless to even have the option).

And having a limit of like 1 per day would basically render the system totally useless, if im talking to one person multuple times across the day and wanna /mail each other i cant. Very inconvenient. And if it is 1 per day, people wont use it as much, eventually becoming something that is forgotten and a command that no one uses

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Seems pointless, this can be spammed very easily. Advertising would be very easily, one guy can /mail their website/server to litteraly everyone in a lobby. Hate speach and by passing the filter would be common, especially since there is no way for staff to monitor this (And if they could then it would be pointless to even have the option).
This also happens with /msg and fmsg every now and then. It's nothing new and can easily be reported.

Reactions: BlueQuakeAdmin_

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Suggestion:

Reason:

Other Information:

Cons:

S P A M
(any way to fix this?)

I really like this suggestion. This would be very cool and useful to have, especially since most of my friends don't come on at the same time as me often.
As previously said, there will be instances of spam, however, there are many ways to counter this (like said before) by making a delay before messaging the same person again or being able to disable receiving of mails.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
This also happens with /msg and fmsg every now and then. It's nothing new and can easily be reported.
Well no it cant, to mute someone they have to be warned after multiple offenses. With this system, and with the "spam preventation time limit once a day thing", it is litteraly impossible since they can do it once, and never again for the day, warnings wont carry on to the next day since its a completely different situation and instance.

Also /msg only works when both of the users are online, meaning it can be handled instantly.
Say if i dont login for 3 days, i come back to 3 /mails by the same person filled with either spam, advertising or abuse, but across 3 different days. I can not do anything about the situation since I couldnt warn the offender, therefore meaning i cant report them. Already found a loophole in the system.

And if you add the rule that they can be muted with only 1 offence with no warning, then that will be completely broken and unfair

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Also /msg only works when both of the users are online, meaning it can be handled instantly.
Say if i dont login for 3 days, i come back to 3 /mails by the same person filled with either spam, advertising or abuse, but across 3 different days. I can not do anything about the situation since I couldnt warn the offender, therefore meaning i cant report them. Already found a loophole in the system.
Advertising usually doesn't require a warning, targeted swearing (insulting) doesn't need a warning, casual swearing can still be reported to give the offender an official warning.

What's the problem then? Warning isn't always a necessity and staff can issue official warnings with reports, so why would you NEED to stay in contact with said rulebreaker?
The only way for the evidence to be useless is if it was older than 2 weeks. This could easily be monitored by noting the date & the player name in the bottom of a message IF they make use of the book and quill to write mails (It's the most efficient). The limit doesn't even have to be 1 per person. It could easily be 3 per person at once, they could make mails editable, they could limit mails the friends system, so on so forth. Rulebreaking is the least of our worries in this suggestion since it can just as easily happen in /msg or fmsg, behind someone's back, etc etc.

And if you add the rule that they can be muted with only 1 offence with no warning, then that will be completely broken and unfair
At this point, if players haven't read the rules that's their fault. It should be pretty obvious not to be disrespectful.
I'm not saying we should completely get rid of the warning necessity, but how exactly would it be broken/unfair?
Like I said earlier, official warnings can be issued by staff members if a verbal warning isn't an option.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
Yea, I think this would be a great idea, Maybe if it is added, You can toggle it on and off like you can with friend requests and party invites :)
Other then that, This would cause a lot of spam so maybe limit it to 2-3 messages per person (each player)

Good idea,
Thanks!
FactionsAustin,

Reactions: DoggieLovesMe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom