Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
The limit would have to be higher, just in case your message is to long for the 1.9 chatbox
The limit in 1.9 for each message is quite high, so being able to send more than one mail at a time will quickly end up being spam fron the recievers perspective.
And a lot of people have their friends pn discord or skype anyways.
I personally would not like to recieve more than one mail per person, but that's just my opinion.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The limit in 1.9 for each message is quite high, so being able to send more than one mail at a time will quickly end up being spam fron the recievers perspective.
And a lot of people have their friends pn discord or skype anyways.
I personally would not like to recieve more than one mail per person, but that's just my opinion.
Or even better: Mails are written down in the MC book & quill GUI. That's much easier to do.
When reading the mail, a written book GUI will pop up on your screen which you can read through.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
/mail [staff] I was muted, what is wrong with you?
/mail [another staff member] I was muted, what is wrong with you?
/mail [a third staff member] I was muted, what is wrong with you?
/mail [some kid] send nudes

Can you see how this would fall off the rails?

I know you acknowledged the spam but also staff members being mailed and people using this to be terrible

Reactions: Ronzo

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
Suggestion:

Add a mail command. /mail send <user> (message)

Reason:

Sometimes you can't contact people through Discord etc. Therefore, adding a /mail command, you can message someone who is offline.

Other Information:

/mail send <user> (message) : to send mail

/mail read : When you log-in to CC, it will say something like You have 2 mails! Do /mail read to read mail.

/mail clear : After reading the mail, you can use this command to clear your mailbox.

Pros: Can communicate to people who you don't have any other ways of contact with (Skype, Discord, etc.)

Cons:

S P A M
(any way to fix this?)
I would defineitly use the mail command, but I believe only friends should send each other mail. You don't want PeteZahhutt to be attacked by so much fan mail.
Mail would be useful for communication and playing together on Cubecraft. For example, I would use mail to ask my friends when they can get online and play.
This would promote communication and make Cubecraft a more fun communication.
+1 mail

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
I really agree with this idea. It would be cool to have this feature just to have way to contact people.
As it has been suggested before, maybe having the option to choose who can send you mail: Everyone, Friends Only or Nobody.

Last edited:

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
It would be nice to have an option to enable who you get mails from. [All/Friends/None]

Mails are written down in the MC book & quill GUI. That's much easier to do.
When reading the mail, a written book GUI will pop up on your screen which you can read through.

^^^ Great addition to the suggestion.
Perhaps limit it to 3 messages per person? After sending one mail, it will notify you that you able to send 2 more messages to the recipient.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
It's actually a really cool idea. Surprised nobody else has ever suggested this. It could even be used by staff to inform players that an update has been released. Would like to see this being implemented. :)

Reactions: BlueQuakeAdmin_

Shayley

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2017
The Netherlands
I'd like to see this though. It's very useful when someone is not online since i sometimes try to msg someone and then the person is offline. Also, i'm not an active discord user yet so i can't talk to them offline +1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Kozi's profile.
♥️
JokeKaedee wrote on Loskol's profile.
Your profile picture was my reminder to do my Duolingo today.... thanks xD
IMG_0660.jpeg

I wanted to put the flower on her head… but she ate it😭
Eli wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Thanks for the follow!! :)
Reesle wrote on Catss's profile.
Noo not you :(
Thank you for everything you’ve done Catss, it is much appreciated.
Will you still be sticking around the forums?
Top Bottom