Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
It’s a Sharpness 2 Knockback 1 Iron sword

The catch is that damage you deal to an enemy with this sword makes you lose the same amount of health that you deal.

If you manage to kill a player with this weapon, you’ll permanently lose 1 heart :)

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think this is a good idea, if you have this sword, youll almost certainly lose every battle. If youre both full HP, the opponent only has to deal 0.5 damage to kill you

Oh, and maybe add a poll

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
To be honest, I think a 'Demonic Sword' would be a very cool item to have, but not with the 'abilities' nor enchantments you mentioned. Mainly because sharpness and knockback together is not balanced at all. Various replacements and combinations for this could be, for instance:

A diamond sword with sharpness II, with a slight chance to damage the enemy and also inflict 50% of the damage you dealt to the enemy to yourself.

Or a regular diamond sword, but it comes with a 'Bloodlust' or 'Vampiric' ability. This ability would, when you damage another player, have a 20% chance to heal you depending on how many enemies are nearby, within a specific radius (ex: 1 enemy equals half a heart, 2 enemies equals one heart, et cetera). There would be a cooldown of at least 3-5 seconds when it occurs.

Those are the main ideas for the sword I thought of. If there's any feedback on my ideas, feel free to mention it.

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
To be honest, I think a 'Demonic Sword' would be a very cool item to have, but not with the 'abilities' nor enchantments you mentioned. Mainly because sharpness and knockback together is not balanced at all. Various replacements and combinations for this could be, for instance:

A diamond sword with sharpness II, with a slight chance to damage the enemy and also inflict 50% of the damage you dealt to the enemy to yourself.

Or a regular diamond sword, but it comes with a 'Bloodlust' or 'Vampiric' ability. This ability would, when you damage another player, have a 20% chance to heal you depending on how many enemies are nearby, within a specific radius (ex: 1 enemy equals half a heart, 2 enemies equals one heart, et cetera). There would be a cooldown of at least 5 seconds when it occurs.

Those are the main ideas for the sword I thought of. If there's any feedback on my ideas, feel free to mention it.
Yes, I think this would be a great idea!

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
I don't think this is a good idea, if you have this sword, youll almost certainly lose every battle. If youre both full HP, the opponent only has to deal 0.5 damage to kill you

Oh, and maybe add a poll
Dude thats the whole point. This weapon is meant for cleaning and taking out enemies with less HP than you.

Used any other way it’s meant to harm you more than it harms he enemy. Hence “demonic”

this idea is great. You miss the main premise of the demon sword - usage comes at a cost. (You take more damage that you deal, so use it wisely.)

I agree with removing knockback. A problem in LI is that there’s not much armor to go around so Sharpness 2 on Diamond is probably kind of scary and likely to kill you as well. Imagine killing a defenseless player in two hits.

Even if you have armor it’ll kill you in the same two hits. Great feedback though, I’ll edit my thread!

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Also @OnlyTijmen this idea is in the liminal stages and I’m taking feedback for a good Lucky Islands suggestion, so I’ll not be adding a poll at this point.

Polls are not conducive to suggestion building and should be used only when necessary.

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
I don't really see the point of it to be honest.
Imagine you're fighting and you both are half hp but he isn't using a 'demonic sword' and he just hits you with an normal sword you're immediately dead.
Also if you kill him how are you able to survive but you both lost 10hp?
I don't like this idea to be honest and I don't think this should be added in the game.
Thanks for your suggestion tho!

Have a nice day! :D

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
I don't really see the point of it to be honest.
Imagine you're fighting and you both are half hp but he isn't using a 'demonic sword' and he just hits you with an normal sword you're immediately dead.
Also if you kill him how are you able to survive but you both lost 10hp?

Pls think, first of all use the sword smartly, meaning take it into fights where you’re at an advantage.

For ex: throw damage potion at the enemy, hit the enemy with a normal sword, or shoot them, then finish them off with the demon sword.

This weapon isn’t meant to be an OP all-rounder. It’s a double edged blade.

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
Pls think, first of all use the sword smartly, meaning take it into fights where you’re at an advantage.

For ex: throw damage potion at the enemy, hit the enemy with a normal sword, or shoot them, then finish them off with the demon sword.

This weapon isn’t meant to be an OP all-rounder. It’s a double edged blade.
Still i wouldn't use the sword because off the knockback they can just run really fast, and also I wouldn't use it because of the permament one heart damage.

I would be fighting and I feel like when I am low but also I know when the enemy is low so it just gives you an dissadvantage.

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Still i wouldn't use the sword because off the knockback they can just run really fast, and also I wouldn't use it because of the permament one heart damage.

I would be fighting and I feel like when I am low but also I know when the enemy is low so it just gives you an dissadvantage.
Yes, exactly. That’s the whole point. Don’t use the weapon! It’s not meant for all kinds of players

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
Top Bottom